New search for plugins sux

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just as I wrote.

Especially now everything goes through skimlinks. Holy tracking batman.
Stopped using it all together, I understand Ben wants to make some money on the site but this tracking bullshit is too much.

Which plugins do you guys mean? The quick search, or the advanced search? And, what is so bad about it? Works fine here (both the quick and the advanced search).

chk071 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:41 am Which plugins do you guys mean? The quick search, or the advanced search? And, what is so bad about it? Works fine here (both the quick and the advanced search).
Let me explain.
Before the redesign the plugin search allowed to search for products in a very specific set of parameters.
For example. If I wanted to view all of the vocoder plugins which are only 64 bit architecture, only VST3 plugin format and not made with "save as plugin" environment (like SynthEdit or SynthMaker), sorted by user ratings with 50 results per page shown.
And I could do that. And pick a couple of plugins looking the most attractive comparing to other listed in the results.
That was very helpful in finding plugins.

Current version of search and filters doesn't allow that.
It doesn't allow anything except for rudimentary search by name or filtering by vague categories.
It doesn't even allow some parameters to be picked at the same time.
Like chosing Piano VIs in "Free" pricing category.
The search is fundamentally broken.

choomaque wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:55 pm Let me explain.
Thanks for that, since the OP couldn't be bothered.
Before the redesign the plugin search allowed to search for products in a very specific set of parameters.
For example. If I wanted to view all of the vocoder plugins which are only 64 bit architecture, only VST3 plugin format and not made with "save as plugin" environment (like SynthEdit or SynthMaker), sorted by user ratings with 50 results per page shown.
And I could do that. And pick a couple of plugins looking the most attractive comparing to other listed in the results.
That was very helpful in finding plugins.

Current version of search and filters doesn't allow that.
It doesn't allow anything except for rudimentary search by name or filtering by vague categories.
It doesn't even allow some parameters to be picked at the same time.
Like chosing Piano VIs in "Free" pricing category.
The search is fundamentally broken.
? I agree it was better before, but there are many different filters that can be applied. It's hardly "broken" or "rudimentary."

mixyguy2 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:01 am ? I agree it was better before, but there are many different filters that can be applied. It's hardly "broken" or "rudimentary."
Compared to what is been before it is broken and rudimentary.
Broken because some categories chosen are mutually exclusive (examples in my previous post).
Rudimentary, because the number of filter parameters that can be simultaneously applied had ben cut three times.

"Broken" means "doesn't work." It works. Rudimentary is more subjective, but I don't see how calling a search with many options "rudimentary" makes sense, just because it was better before. We'll agree to disagree.

Return to “Site Stuff”