List Your Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cinebient wrote: OMG...i must stop it. Now it depress me when i think that i can do at least 90% of all the things with my apps for under 100€.
Tbh i more and more tend to refrain from thinking that way. I rather think that most of the stuff i own now really inspires me. Probably could do the same thing with other stuff, but most probably the workflow wouldn't be as suited, and it would take a lot of extra work to get there, so why bother. :)

A.N.A.
ABSynth 5
ACE
AM Freehand
Analog Lab
Analog Laboratory
Anti Transpirant 1000
ARP 2600 V
ARP 2600 VA
ART Pyrite
Battery 4
Bazille
Blooo
Blue II
Brainstormer
Brzoza
Charlatan
CS 80
Cycle
Daedalus
DaHornet
Deputy
Dexed
Discovery Pro
Dominator
Double Six XXL
Dune 2
Eclipsis
Electra 2
Element
FM8
Fmetal
Free Alpha
Funxion
HaHaHa CS33
HALion Sonic SE
Harmor
IL Autogun
ImpOSCar 2
Jupiter 8V
K700nu
Kairatune
KarmaFX Modular
Kontakt 5
KX Poly M CSE
KX Synth X16
Latte Free
Lektro
Lokomotiv
Loop Mash
Lucid
M1
Massive
MauSynth
Mini V
Modular V
Mono Fury
Mono Poly
Mpowersynth
Mr Alias Pro
MS 20
MUX Modular
Mystic
Oberheim SEM
OBXD
Olga
Omnisphere
OP-X Pro II
Or2V
Padshop
Patchwork Modular System
PG 8X
Pianoteq
Play VST (EWQL Complete Collection)
Podolski
Polly 8
Poly 6
PPG Wave 2.3
Prologue
Prophet V
Ragnarok
Rayblaster
Reaktor 5
Retrologue
Revitar
Rez 3
Scrooo
Serenity
Serum
Six
Sonigen Modular
Spector
Spectrobits
String Studio
Strum Acoustic
Strum Electric
STS 26
STS 33
Superwave P8
Swierk
Synth1
Synthmaster 2.5
T-Force Alpha Plus
T-Synth
Table Synth
TAL Bassline
TAL Elek7ro II
TAL Noisemaker
TAL U No 62
TCM II (BR)
TDM 3
Tetra
The Mangle
The Tiger
Trance Drive
TS Substance
Tyrell N6
Uniwave
Vast Vaporizer
VMP 1
Wavestation
X-WoF 6
X11
XAKT
XILS 4
Z3ta+2
Zebra 2

And that's after getting rid of about 100 VSTs.

I hate listing synths.

Your mum
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:borg:

Cinebient wrote:
OMG...i must stop it. Now it depress me when i think that i can do at least 90% of all the things with my apps for under 100€. Compared to the 2000+ i payed for my destop tools... that is sick! :scared:

Sometimes i wish i never had started this and i could sell all the stuff i just "collected" again. But then.... Obsession :D
But can you do multiple instances of ACE ( there is no app for it as far as I know, but whatever...) on your iPad or whatever you own? To do serious work on production, I believe you have to have a full fledged PC or Mac desktop or at least a laptop, and a nice USB audio interface, or a good audio card installed.

I only use Sylenth and M1 at the moment, and Lounge Lizard 4, but I am not sure that is a synth as such.
My DAW came with several additional synths, but I never use them, they are just not good enough. I have configured my DAW so that they don't even show up in the list.
I also have Saurus, but it is for sale, uninstalled it weeks ago.
I have already sold all those mediocre SynthEdit synths.
I might get Massive in the future, am gradually digging it. It sounds much better than I expected based on all the people saying it sounds cold and digital.

Somehow I only seem to like old synths :hihi:

Examigan wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
OMG...i must stop it. Now it depress me when i think that i can do at least 90% of all the things with my apps for under 100€. Compared to the 2000+ i payed for my destop tools... that is sick! :scared:

Sometimes i wish i never had started this and i could sell all the stuff i just "collected" again. But then.... Obsession :D
But can you do multiple instances of ACE ( there is no app for it as far as I know, but whatever...) on your iPad or whatever you own? To do serious work on production, I believe you have to have a full fledged PC or Mac desktop or at least a laptop, and a nice USB audio interface, or a good audio card installed.
Well, of course it's a different workflow and depends of your likes. There are a lot things missing still in the mobile world but there are also a lot things which are not possible on desktops and make just more fun to use for me. Best is of course you use booth. Neither of these is perfect. But as a semi talented hobbyist i don't make a cent from music so i'm not an expert or pro. If you have large sample libraries and short deadlines you need for sure a proper workstation. I use my MacBook Pro mainly but integrated my iPad and iPhone as the most versatile hardware synthesizers and midi controllers into my workflow. I wish i had some touch based synths like Dune 2 and Omnisphere 2. Some proper native remote apps should work great but sadly this evolves very slow.

Cinebient wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Cinebient wrote:

Well, of course it's a different workflow and depends of your likes. There are a lot things missing still in the mobile world but there are also a lot things which are not possible on desktops and make just more fun to use for me. Best is of course you use booth. Neither of these is perfect. But as a semi talented hobbyist i don't make a cent from music so i'm not an expert or pro. If you have large sample libraries and short deadlines you need for sure a proper workstation. I use my MacBook Pro mainly but integrated my iPad and iPhone as the most versatile hardware synthesizers and midi controllers into my workflow. I wish i had some touch based synths like Dune 2 and Omnisphere 2. Some proper native remote apps should work great but sadly this evolves very slow.
Gotcha...sounds good to me. :) I want to eventually get an iPad... just for quick/convenient stuff, but will always use my desktop for production.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I only use Sylenth and M1 at the moment, and Lounge Lizard 4, but I am not sure that is a synth as such.
I always wanted to get M1, maybe someday :)

Apple
Logic X Synths

Arturia
Analog Lab / Laboratory
CS-80V
Jupiter-8V
Modular V
SEM V

u-he
Bazille
Diva
Hive
Zebra2
ZebraHZ

Korg
M1
Mono/Poly
MS-20
Polysix
Wavestation
LegacyCell

IK Multimedia
SampleTank 3.5 ( uploaded latest... evaluating standalone for gigging )
Miroslav Philhamonik
SampleMoog

Beepstreet
Sunrizer

Rob Papen
Blue II

Bolded=Used regularly
Last edited by jdoo on Sun May 31, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rob_lee wrote:
Just waiting for Overbridge now, should be out this week..
Oh I hope so, looking forward to that :)

Hardware:

ELKA Tornado IV
Gakken SX-150
GEM S3
GEM WS-2
Korg 01/W
Korg Monotron
Korg T3
Korg Trinity Rack
M-Audio Venom
Nord Micromodular (SOLD)
Roland D-110
Roland Super JV-1080 + cards
SIEL DK-80
Yamaha DJX PSR-D1
Yamaha TG-300
Yamaha TG-100
Yamaha TG-500
Yamaha TG-33
Yamaha TG-55
Yamaha SY-77
Waldorf MicroQ

Samplers (sold and replaced by Kontakt):

Akai S-2000 (SOLD)
Akai S-5000 (SOLD)
Emu ESI-32 (SOLD)

Software:

My own stuff :hihi:
Cakewalk Dimension LE
ElectraX
Elektrostidio free suite
Gladiator2
Absynth
FM7/8
Kontakt4
Kore2
Massive
Reaktor
Nemesis
Rayblaster
Saurus
Komplexer
z3ta+
Filterbank3 (synth)
Firebird
Minimoog V
Rhino2
Wusikstation

Absynth 1-5
Arturia analog lab
Arturia minimoog
Arturia moog modular
Arturia Jupiter
Arturia 2600
Arturia sem
Arturia matrix
Arturia Wurlitzer
Arturia cs80
All the other Arturia stuff I'm not thinking of
Ace
Bazille
Sample modeling swam (all of them)
Wallander (full set)
Tyrell n6
Monark
Minimonsta
Oddity
Imposcar
Zebra
Zebralette
Alchemy
Harmor
Discovery
Microtonic
Tattoo
Granite
Reaktor 3-5
Massive
Fm7
Fm8
Pro 52
Pro 53
Vb3
Razor
Synth 1
Tal Noisemaker
Tal Juno thing
Tal bassline
Battery 1-4
Kontakt 1-5
MTron
MTron pro
Synplant

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. The list starts getting real disturbing if I start listing my kontakt libraries.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Kriminal wrote:its the list thats important.
I DON'T THINK SO!

List of stuff I actually use:

Hardware:
DSI Evolver (MEK with pots)
Nord Modular 2
Ensoniq EPS16+
Yamaha DX7 mk-1
Nord Lead 3
Oberheim OB-8
Acid Lab Miami
DSI Tempest

Software: