One Synth Challenge #75: PG-8X (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

Hello,
Here are my presets, if anyone find any use to them...
I wanted to take part, but i probably wont have time to finish anything^^

http://www.filedropper.com/daru925_1

add a bit of reverb to the snare^^

Uploaded mine, it's called :

"Evil Rising".

Made In FLStudio.

I used : 24 x PG-8X.

Track FX :
4 x Fruity Delay2
1 x ADT
1 x DC1A2
2 x TDR Kotelnikov
2 x ReaComp
3 x Saturation Knob
3 x Fruity Limiter
2 x Fruity Stereo Enhancer
1 x Rough Rider
2 x Tremolo
1 x Bitcrusher! :hyper:
1 x Syth Buss Lite
4 x Fruity Parametric EQ2
1 x Ambience (send).

Automation : Yes.

Master FX :
1 x TDR VOS SlickEQ
1 x OTT
1 x Fruity Limiter.

Official DR value: DR7

Enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/petervos/yeager-evil-rising

Getting closer to finished :hihi: Put in a solid 13 hours today and feel I need a break, but I might still go at it. Track is going pretty decent but have a lot of stuff to narrow down (especially the leads--too many, as usual :D) but there isn't any really happy sounds in it, all kinda mysteries eastern sounding. I think my next track is going to be entirely in major key (can't listen to harmonic minors for 13 hours straight :lol: ). Cheers, and hope all you people working on late entries are progressing nicely. :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Haha, anyone ready for another 30 minute long mini album entry :lol: Just checked my stream and its 34 minutes long. Lol, jk,I'll be sure sure to keep it reasonably under 10 minutes.

Here's a preview of only some keys, not perfect, willl change for final release. Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/majestic_dawn/keys-ph8x
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Hello all together,
after a long time (Uhh, 5 Month .... :-o ) i am back again todo my new track.

The synth was watch from me a long time, but i found no time to play with this nice piece.
Take me a lot of problems at the beginning cause i got a lot of crashes ... before i see my computer ram was damaged :(
So after the frustration period i can make my track very fast (for me :)) and got also a nice theme, the spacecraft DAWN :hyper:

So here is my track:

Songname: Kraftraum - Rotation 24 (DAWN)
Host: FL Studio 10.0.9
PG-8X: 26 Instances

Insert FX:
IxoxDelay x 8, Lightweight Compressor x 2, Loudmax x 15,
Fruity Parametrics Eq2 x 13, Fruity Compressor x 3,
T-Force Trance Gate x 2, Fruity Filter x 4
Fruity Delay 2 x 3, Fruity Delay bank x 2, Soundgoodizer x 1

Master FX:
Fruity Parametrics Eq2
Fruity Compressor
Loudmax x 2
(Fruity Spectroman)

Automation: yes, together with the Fruity Formula Controller

DR: 11
All patches are done from scratch by me.

https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum/kraftr ... on-24-dawn

Have a nice day :)
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

My re-entry for the KVR One Synth Challenge #75 (PG-8X)

https://soundcloud.com/bluerobotmusic/b ... cassiopeia

And I believe I have posted it to the group on SoundCloud.

10 instances of PG-8X used, plus…

DAW Fx (Ableton Live 9):
- EQ Three
- Filter Delay
- Reverb
- Amp Simulation (Softtube)
- Gate
- Compressor
- Multi-Band Compressor
- Limiter
- EQ Eight

Non-DAW Fx
- AnSpec
- IVGI
- DC1A
- CamelCrusher
- SPAN

All instances of Replika removed.

Now I can really begin to enjoy everyone else's tracks... going into listening mode! :phones:

Wow there's a ton of submissions :o

Desperately searching for inspiration right now to finish something :) :party: :party:

Good luck everyone!

z.prime wrote:Instant inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY :-D
:hihi: Thanks!

Hi, here is my minimal PG8X KVR osc75 challenge track. Hope you like it :)
I had quite challenge to create this track, 'cause when I started this track in Cubase 6.5 some times my track blurred and some time noise crackle, but when I two days ago my old Cubase 6.5 to Cubase 8 Pro. I could finished this track, 'cause Cubase 8 pro made it to me this possible :)

Daw is Cubase 8 Pro
Every instruments 12 instrument track I have done from init and there is also 2 FX Reverb and Gate channels track.
14 instances

Every plugins are from Cubase 8 Pro except Limiter6 :
Curve EQ x3, Compressor x9, Vintage compressor x1, Envelopeshaper x1, Saturator Magneto x5, BrickwallLimiter x1, Equalizer x12, StandardCompressor x2, PingPong delay x2,

Reverb x1, Gate x1, Tube compressor x2, Multiband compressor x1, Stereo enhancer x1, Limiter6 x1

Good luck to everyone :)

Cheers
JK Flashico

https://soundcloud.com/jkflashico/jk-fl ... on-my-keys
Last edited by JKF Flashico on Sun May 31, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hi all,
I feel better now and will start to comment this tons of entries soon *ugh* :lol:

But I`m posting for tell you something different. It`s an information which might could be interesting for the ones who followed our DAW offtopic here.

As you know I changed from Cubase to Mulab because of a nasty Cubase bug which appeared again by using PG-8X. In the meantime I explored Mulab a bit more and have some very bad news again because: Mulab doesn`t accept approximately 70% of all my plug ins.

I have to admit that those 70% of my equipement is freeware, but that doesn`t matter much because it is good freeware and I definitely wish to use it. When I try to load one of this plug ins I get a report from Mulab that it is an "invalid vst plug in". All the great freeware synths of H.G Fortune and Ugo for example are not accepted and several other great classics too. Unfortunately also a couple of freeware effects are also not accepted.

This means that Mulab is in the end even more useless for me than Cubase. My only hope now is that this Cubase bug only appears by using certain plug ins, because it seems that I have to go on using Cubase.

Next I will try Reaper but not at the moment because I`m simply sick of all this for the moment. I need a break from all this DAW terror LOL.

The good news:
This is again a very intresting OSC round. I already listened almost each track until now (apart from the last ones posted yesterday and today) and I had great fun in doing this, because you all have made a great job again. Good luck to you all :)
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

Here's the final version of my track. I just tweaked the mix a bit and added a couple of minor fills.

https://soundcloud.com/starling-studios ... -ascending

Made in Ableton Live 9.1
59 Instances of PG-8X
Ableton built-in effects only:
EQ8
Reverb
Simple Delay
Ping-pong Delay
Compressor
Multiband Dynamics
Limiter
Saturator

THANKS FOR THE PRESETS:
Stardust Media, Richard Semper, Mojo42, Jasinski, Mehum

All comments and opinions are welcome!

Hi, my entry for this contest:

https://soundcloud.com/psyh2o/gwoodland-jay-fush

Made in Studio One 2 with 23 instances of PG-8X. All sound programed from scratch. Automation of PG-8X parameters used heavily. Pro EQ on every channel, compressor on some (kick, and snare). 2 sends in total, one with Analog Delay plus Room Reverb and second just short Room Reverb. On master channel is Pro EQ and Limiter on the very end. No 3rd party effects used at all.

Hope You will like it. It was pleasure to work with such great instrument and I am amazed what you can do with so limited possibilities.

Complete list here:

23 x PG-8X
28 x Pro EQ
2 x Room Reverb
4 x Compressor
1x Analog Delay
2 x X-Trem (used as panner)
Last edited by gwoodland on Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mojo42 wrote:Hi all,
I feel better now and will start to comment this tons of entries soon *ugh* :lol:

But I`m posting for tell you something different. It`s an information which might could be interesting for the ones who followed our DAW offtopic here.

As you know I changed from Cubase to Mulab because of a nasty Cubase bug which appeared again by using PG-8X. In the meantime I explored Mulab a bit more and have some very bad news again because: Mulab doesn`t accept approximately 70% of all my plug ins.

I have to admit that those 70% of my equipement is freeware, but that doesn`t matter much because it is good freeware and I definitely wish to use it. When I try to load one of this plug ins I get a report from Mulab that it is an "invalid vst plug in". All the great freeware synths of H.G Fortune and Ugo for example are not accepted and several other great classics too. Unfortunately also a couple of freeware effects are also not accepted.

This means that Mulab is in the end even more useless for me than Cubase. My only hope now is that this Cubase bug only appears by using certain plug ins, because it seems that I have to go on using Cubase.

Next I will try Reaper but not at the moment because I`m simply sick of all this for the moment. I need a break from all this DAW terror LOL.

The good news:
This is again a very intresting OSC round. I already listened almost each track until now (apart from the last ones posted yesterday and today) and I had great fun in doing this, because you all have made a great job again. Good luck to you all :)
What free vst's are you using cause I rarely have any issues with Mulab not loading anything as long as you use the correct version ( 32 bit synth /32 bit Mulab, 64 bit synth/64 bit Mulab)
Last edited by bibz1st on Sun May 31, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

So many great tracks, looks like the '5 points' section is gonna be crowded this month :D

Return to “Instruments”