Tantra v1.1 released, sales

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tantra

BDeep wrote:Yep, it's just a serial that you copy in a dialog window in Tantra, and you're done!
Thanks, I'm going to buy it.
HPZ2 i9 32RAM, Macbook Pro M1, Studio One, FL, Ableton, Sibelius, BIAB

beegee wrote:
BDeep wrote:Yep, it's just a serial that you copy in a dialog window in Tantra, and you're done!
Thanks, I'm going to buy it.
Wise decision ;-)

Is the CPU a bitch with Tantra?
[Insert Signature Here]

I found it perfectly reasonable on my Mac, certainly not high, but I've seen different reports from other users. But it helps that you would change the default preset so all effects are off when you load it, that way only the effects you'll actually use require CPU.

bailees7irish wrote:Is the CPU a bitch with Tantra?
hmmm, let me think........yes, I fear it is. try the demo. depends on what parts are activated.

bailees7irish wrote:Is the CPU a bitch with Tantra?
The CPU is so that it won't replace your usual single effects (it will not be your go-to tremolo, flanger, etc), but as a deep multi-FX with modulation galore and advanced routing, the CPU is ok.
And it sounds great :D

I'd like to propose another feature request (GUI), intended to make editing a little easier ;) ..
The Modulator section..
At the moment, we can see easily which of the eight Modulators is currently being edited (because its button is lit up in blue). But we have to click on each button in turn, to see which Modulators are actually used.
I wish that Modulators that are anything other than default flat-lined would show their buttons in some other intermediary color (so that we could see, for example, that there is no point in even clicking to see what Modulator #7 contains.. we'd already know it is default, because its button is grey, or (precisely because it is grey ;) ), that it is available as a so-far unused Modulator).

Similarly..
If a parameter is controlled by a Modulator, we can see this by right-clicking on that parameter's knob, but it would be great if we could right-click on a Modulator's button, and see which parameters it is controlling ;).

Still incredibly impressed with this lovely plug-in :).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

That will definitely make work with UI easier, I put that to the priority list, thanks for the nice suggestion :tu:

sches wrote:That will definitely make work with UI easier, I put that to the priority list, thanks for the nice suggestion :tu:
+1 :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Maybe im doing something wrong here.. :)
I had written a longer description but figured i could shorten it to this:

Im modulating the amount of steps of a modulator (target) by another modulator (source).
It would seem that if amount of steps of the (target) modulator is 32 you can't modulate it's amount of steps.
It seems like if the (target) modulator is using Curve you can't modulate it's amount of steps.
The (source) modulator can be either Curve or Step. But then it won't modulate it's own steps even though it could when it was set to Step.

Am i correct? :)
:hug:

Oh yes, I'll update the manual with that. That is because the amount of steps in CURVE mode is only defined by breakpoints added, there is no steps amount control for CURVE mode, only STEP mode provides that control. So yes, it's not possible to modulate the amount of steps in CURVE mode. I'll accent that somehow as well as check whether 32 steps setting for STEP mode can be modulated and fix that. Thanks for spotting!

Alright!

The reason i wanted to modulate Curve was that i had made a "trance gate" with it and thought i could find cool variations by modulating the steps. But STEP works just fine :)
:hug:

Is it possible to have an input level to the delay and reverb fx in the manner of a send fx? That way when the "send" level is cut the delay/rev will still sound and decay naturally, allowing single portions to be effected but without losing the tail. Modulating a "mix" control cuts the tail.

coldmachine wrote:Is it possible to have an input level to the delay and reverb fx in the manner of a send fx? That way when the "send" level is cut the delay/rev will still sound and decay naturally, allowing single portions to be effected but without losing the tail. Modulating a "mix" control cuts the tail.
Yeah this would be great.

Yeah, it sounds real nice, it's on the todo list already, let me think on it, thanks!

Return to “Effects”