Rerelease of My First Ever Single From 1987 (Don't Laugh)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry about the mess, I was trying to consolidate everything into a single reply. Does anyone know how to delete posts these days?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

(pokes head out of a hermitically sealed cave, sniffs the air for signs of danger, silently pat-pat-patting the trusty geiger counter slung low on a too-voluminous hip)

Hey BONES! This is fantastic stuff. An easy and obvious purchase. Really, really great record.

(tick tick tick tick tick tickticktick. Aw shit. The needle's in the red. Better beat a retreat back to the safety of musty canned air. Good to know you're still topside. I'll raise a can of cling peaches in your honour.)
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

Right back at ya, big fella! The version of Save Me on here is different to the one I put up years ago. You can actually hear the vocal in this one!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Bought... I love those tunes man.

You managed to have a cool 80's vibe mixed with a Punk ethos. I mean the sound in unmistakably 80s. Obviously as you made it back in the day. Some of those tunes are pretty fast (which is kinda' unusual). Good attitude form the Vox too!

I hope you do some more like this. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

This is really, really good. Love it. Just curious - what drum machine did you use?

It was a TR707. On God you can also hear a Korg DDM220 doing the extra percussion sounds.
Robmobius wrote:Some of those tunes are pretty fast (which is kinda' unusual). Good attitude form the Vox too!
That's because they are rock songs and rock songs are usually faster.
I hope you do some more like this. :)
Unlikely. I'm pretty much over the whole thing. I've been trying to find the energy/motivation to finish our next album, which will easily be the best we've ever done, but I just can't muster any enthusiasm to do the last few vocal tracks and finish it off. I'll get there eventually but I'm pretty sure that will be the end of it for me. That's mostly because I don't think we'll ever get another opportunity to play live and playing live is the only part of it all I actually enjoy. The rest is just hard, boring work.

I listened and bought the album some weeks ago. Very interesting songs. It's on my playlist since then.

BONES wrote:And no, obviously I'm not dead.
Speaking of music from the 80's, I was recently surprised to come across a cover version, by the synthwave act Perturbator, of a horrible tune I did for a friend's video back then. IMDb lists the video as being released in 1990, but I'm pretty sure we finished it a few years earlier...

Perturbator - Linnea Quigley Horror Workout

Very nice....Armageddon really reminds me of Men Without Hats (of whom I am a massive fan) and there are times the vocals hint at Pete Garrett, actually the arrangements do at times, remind me of the Oils, obviously minus the guitars....very much my kind of groove.

I think Linnea Quigley's Horror Workout has been recently released as an extra on the Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers Blu Ray in the UK.

Great release, enjoyed it a lot!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”