Effects like Omnisphere 2's Innerspace?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm loving Omnisphere 2's Innerspace effect.
Designed to apply acoustic resonances and unique spaces to any sound in Omnisphere, Innerspace super-imposes the characteristics of one sound onto another. Sounds range from pills being dropped in a glass, scraped piano strings, crushed sugar grains, cymbal sweeps, to liquid streams, vinyl noises, and tons more. You can load one (or two parallel) ambiences and their timbral characteristics will be applied to the Omnisphere sound, yielding surprising and unconventional results.
Does anyone know of any standalone effects which are similar?

Innerspace is just a convolution reverb with non standard impulse responses they created based on certain sounds.

If you have a convolution reverb you should be able to make similar effects by creating your own impulse responses.

Don't know of anywhere to get premade said responses besides Omnisphere 2 currently though.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Voice303 wrote:Innerspace is just a convolution reverb with non standard impulse responses they created based on certain sounds.

If you have a convolution reverb you should be able to make similar effects by creating your own impulse responses.

Don't know of anywhere to get premade said responses besides Omnisphere 2 currently though.
My ultimate favorite is Speakerphone. Tons of really cool impulses and effects. Expensive but worht it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Prime Sonic Space is probably the closest thing to it.

AUDIO!

It includes MANY multi-effects and completely unique Impulse Responses not dissimilar to Innerspace.
170 Impulse Responses 24/32 bit

"Prime Sonic Space" is in the WAV format which make it compatible with most IR software including:

Steinberg REVerence that comes in Cubase
Altiverb 6 and 7
Logic's Space Designer
Hofa IQ Reverb
Pristine Space, from Voxengo
LiquidSonics Reverberate
Space Designer, from Apple for Logic
Vienna Suite Convolver
WizooVerb
Kontakt
IR-1 / IR-L from Waves
SIR2, from Knufinke
TL Space, from DigiDesign
Prosoniq Rayverb
and many others.

barryfell wrote:I'm loving Omnisphere 2's Innerspace effect.
Designed to apply acoustic resonances and unique spaces to any sound in Omnisphere, Innerspace super-imposes the characteristics of one sound onto another. Sounds range from pills being dropped in a glass, scraped piano strings, crushed sugar grains, cymbal sweeps, to liquid streams, vinyl noises, and tons more. You can load one (or two parallel) ambiences and their timbral characteristics will be applied to the Omnisphere sound, yielding surprising and unconventional results.
Does anyone know of any standalone effects which are similar?
Some of the more interesting IR libraries and something like Reverberate will do it. My favourites are Spectral Relativity and Sanitarium from Spirit Canyon (which pioneered this sort of effect, but unfortunately no longer available) and The Threshold by Intelligent Machinery (which I see is free now - try 'Dronified Sanctified' - my fave IR ever)

http://www.intelligentmachinery.net/?page_id=764

Thanks.

Using unconventional IRs in convolution reverbs is useful, (thanks for links), but they then require quite a bit of fiddling to work. Certainly not as easy as with Innerspace.

Have you seen http://www.diegostocco.com/ffs-rhythmic-convolutions/ ? I don't use Omnisphere, so don't know if this is the sort of impulses you want, but he was contributing to it.

asksol wrote:Have you seen http://www.diegostocco.com/ffs-rhythmic-convolutions/ ? I don't use Omnisphere, so don't know if this is the sort of impulses you want, but he was contributing to it.
Looks interesting

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
You might check out Galaxy Instruments Galaxy X.

http://www.galaxy-instruments.com/galaxy-x.html (http://www.galaxy-instruments.com/galaxy-x.html)

logic's 'space designer' has loads of really cool ir's that go way beyond the normal 'verbs

thanks for the diego stocco link. that product looks great, but i am pretty interested in his tutorials :tu:

REMatrix, very expensive but actually the best convolution reverb IMHO...

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... ll-reverbs

AUDIO - Prime Sonic Space Impulse Response Library

This is an example of it on essentially every track, no other reverbs were used.
All the verbs, loops, multi-FX, spaces are from Prime Sonic space.

Out of all the tools listed, Prime Sonic Space is the only one that can do Classic hardware quality reverbs, multi-effects, all size acoustic spaces, loops, all in 32 bit/48 kHz.

Yeah but the OP was asking for stuff like Innerspace with its sounds ranging "from pills being dropped in a glass, scraped piano strings, crushed sugar grains, cymbal sweeps, to liquid streams, vinyl noises, and tons more". It's libraries like Spectral relativity, The Threshold and the Diego Stocco one (and the 'warped' IRs that come with Logic's Space Designer) that seem to come closest to what was asked for, not conventional reverbs and multi fx (even if all in great quality).

^^This.

Instead nearly everyone has listed traditional reverbs, when the OP wants unusual and "non-traditional" sounding IRs.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

aMUSEd wrote:Yeah but the OP was asking for stuff like Innerspace .....
That's right, just like Innerspace, PSS also does unusual and strange Impulse Responses.
Some very similar to Innerspace.
There are several folders of experimental Impulse Responses included with PSS.

But it also does multi-effects, classic hardware, backward, non-linear spaces, etc...

It does a broad range of spaces, both unusual as well as superb quality bread and butter reverbs at 32 bits/48 kHz.

The 170 Impulse Responses cover a range from highly experimental to classic hardware.

The post was made because the OP was asking for similar effects. :)

Return to “Effects”