Chill Out/Electronica-Experimental

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... om-presets

Finally got a moment to put down another tune.
Not sure the style, kind of a hybrid.

I enjoyed the chilled style of this one, with some great sound combos, and interesting changes of pace/dynamics. It was very pleasant listening all round.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:I enjoyed the chilled style of this one, with some great sound combos, and interesting changes of pace/dynamics. It was very pleasant listening all round.

Good work :)
Thanks,

I'm on the fence about the changes.

Do they seem abrupt to you?

Very nice :)

Some beautiful sounds you brought together here and I like, that the different
sections are well...different, but still in the same ball park.

The transitions could be a little more developed I think. Especially at 2.24 it seems to me
it sort of stops, before it picks up again. I would prefer an extra element fading in
and thereby, glueing the sections more together.

Didn't prevent me from enjoying the track though :wink:

Cheers :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

The change at 2:02 is very good. It sits well with what has gone before. The change that happens between 2:26 and 3:02 is more difficult harmonically, but I don't think there is anything wrong with that. It adds interest in a good way, and I liked the timing/length of it too.

Nice track.. reminds me of something I can't put my finger on..

A couple of the changes are..different. but not bad. It's almost like it goes to a different song then comes back to the main part. I liked it!

sbj wrote:Very nice :)

Some beautiful sounds you brought together here and I like, that the different
sections are well...different, but still in the same ball park.

The transitions could be a little more developed I think. Especially at 2.24 it seems to me
it sort of stops, before it picks up again. I would prefer an extra element fading in
and thereby, glueing the sections more together.

Didn't prevent me from enjoying the track though :wink:

Cheers :tu:
Thanks for the feedback!

When I get some time I think I will experiment with the changes.
I will keep in mind your good idea about the fade.

Thanks again!

I really liked it. The melody, the sound design, the overall atmosphere of the song - everything is made just right, very emotional and evocative. Great work!

Maybe the trasition to the breakdown in the middle of the song is a bit too abrupt.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

seismic1 wrote:The change at 2:02 is very good. It sits well with what has gone before. The change that happens between 2:26 and 3:02 is more difficult harmonically, but I don't think there is anything wrong with that. It adds interest in a good way, and I liked the timing/length of it too.

I have been experimenting with abrupt changes for several years now.
I don't think I have mastered it yet, its one of those difficult challenges so I appreciate your support.

Harmonic VS dis-harmonic content is the key.

I think for listeners who are used to these kind of changes it works, for those who aren't, I need to make it more subtle.

This is a very good musical lesson for me.
I hope to progress with these changes by making them smoother.

Thanks for the feedback!

Camer138 wrote:Nice track.. reminds me of something I can't put my finger on..

A couple of the changes are..different. but not bad. It's almost like it goes to a different song then comes back to the main part. I liked it!
Thanks Camer138,

I am experimenting with different changes and plan to do version 2 (after Game of Thrones).

I think it will make it smoother..... :)

Thanks for the feedback. :)

This is very smooth man. Feeling this definately.

recursive one wrote:I really liked it. The melody, the sound design, the overall atmosphere of the song - everything is made just right, very emotional and evocative. Great work!

Maybe the trasition to the breakdown in the middle of the song is a bit too abrupt.
Thanks for the feedback!

I think the transition will be worked and a new version released.

Feedback is GOOD!

Thanks again... :)

Very cinematic....seems as though it was written with a film in mind.As a purely cinematic venture,the changes seem fine as is...but as a song,then something more cohesive,would be in order.

Overall....a very evocative and soothing piece!

I agree with AlesisVi61 in that it has cinematic qualities written all over it, but what I really enjoy about this track is the slight haunting underlay it seems to illustrate (at least for me). Nice work!

DJ Dope-Needlz wrote:This is very smooth man. Feeling this definately.
Thanks Mr.Needlz.. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”