Studio One 3 - Performance in one Gif

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

24MTS wrote:
Robmobius wrote:
Ah right my mistake... 64 bit.
You have to admit, that was funny! :) :lol: But all in good spirit, don't get upset.
Ha ha... Brilliant. I do surprise even myself sometimes. Too much speed reading again... :clown:

Fear not tho', I'd need more then that to get me upset. :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

hivkorn wrote:Do you have repaired your permissions ?

Same soundcard (44vsl) but under 10.8.5 and not cpu spike.Maybe it's a 'Yosemite bug' .It's strange I have a 2013 Imac and i have less than you and you more latency than me (i have 3 ms of latency)...I think something is wrong with Yosemite and S1v3.

FWIW, I am running S1V3 and Yosemite and have not encountered the problems shown by the OP.

-M

mholloway wrote:
hivkorn wrote:Do you have repaired your permissions ?

Same soundcard (44vsl) but under 10.8.5 and not cpu spike.Maybe it's a 'Yosemite bug' .It's strange I have a 2013 Imac and i have less than you and you more latency than me (i have 3 ms of latency)...I think something is wrong with Yosemite and S1v3.

FWIW, I am running S1V3 and Yosemite and have not encountered the problems shown by the OP.

-M
I need to mess with my pc's bios... maybe its a cpu issue

TeddyMadison wrote:

Hackintosh, i7 3770K, 16GB memory, SSD's, Not the most amazing computer but more powerful than any iMac or macbook pro.
Maybe this is the problem?

I would go and buy win 8.1 and let the PC fly if I were you! Or go and buy iMac ;)

I still remember when i own mac. S1 would crash repeatedly for no reason. It's just not that stable on that OS. Looks like presonus haven't fix that problem.
musisikamar.com

EnGee wrote:
TeddyMadison wrote:

Hackintosh, i7 3770K, 16GB memory, SSD's, Not the most amazing computer but more powerful than any iMac or macbook pro.

I would go and buy win 8.1 and let the PC fly if I were you! Or go and buy iMac ;)
Its dual boot, Meaning I can boot into windows if I want. But im 100% switching to Windows 10 once that comes out... Looks really good, will do a fresh install of everything

Robmobius wrote: I'd need more then that to get me upset. :tu:
That is good! :tu:

TeddyMadison wrote:
EnGee wrote:
TeddyMadison wrote:

Its dual boot, Meaning I can boot into windows if I want. But im 100% switching to Windows 10 once that comes out... Looks really good, will do a fresh install of everything
Exactly this! :)
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

TeddyMadison wrote:
trusampler wrote:Just curious here, whats your audio interface?

That's terrible performance.
44VSL... Made by Presonus too.

Did you try higher device block sizes?

I guess, it's the same thing as audio buffer size in ASIO devices. Usually, increasing this improves virtual instruments performance (at the expence of higher latency).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I'm running Studio One v2 and v3 on OSX Yosemite and it doesn't crash for me. Am I doing something wrong?

rich_h wrote:I'm running Studio One v2 and v3 on OSX Yosemite and it doesn't crash for me. Am I doing something wrong?
S1v3 runs fine here.

Unfortunately, when I try to use it things then go awry.
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more...

TeddyMadison wrote:This is why V3 is un-usable for me, atleast until this is patched. Ableton is known for silly cpu usage yet ive never had this problem before.

Also the crashes... Making this gif, V3 crashed 3 times. Mainly when opening Mai Tai.

http://recordit.co/aSzQmKLBLg (<- Gif, Too large to upload here)
I have similar specs to yours, running Windows 7, using the i7 3770K with 16GB RAM. I noticed you are running the "Chillwave pad" in Mai Tai; using that preset, pressing four or five keys simultaneously, I can virtually crash my whole system (the CPU explodes). Also, any hope of using note FX with Mai Tai is quickly destroyed by 100% CPU--try a few arpeggiator presets to see what I mean. At first, this really bummed me out. Now I'm just starting to become angry at how unstable and CPU-hungry this release is. Wtf?! :x

Btw,what motherboard and audio interface are you using? Are you using a USB, PCI, or FireWire interface?

blueman wrote:
TeddyMadison wrote:This is why V3 is un-usable for me, atleast until this is patched. Ableton is known for silly cpu usage yet ive never had this problem before.

Also the crashes... Making this gif, V3 crashed 3 times. Mainly when opening Mai Tai.

http://recordit.co/aSzQmKLBLg (<- Gif, Too large to upload here)
I have similar specs to yours, running Windows 7, using the i7 3770K with 16GB RAM. I noticed you are running the "Chillwave pad" in Mai Tai; using that preset, pressing four or five keys simultaneously, I can virtually crash my whole system (the CPU explodes). Also, any hope of using note FX with Mai Tai is quickly destroyed by 100% CPU--try a few arpeggiator presets to see what I mean. At first, this really bummed me out. Now I'm just starting to become angry at how unstable and CPU-hungry this release is. Wtf?! :x

Btw,what motherboard and audio interface are you using? Are you using a USB, PCI, or FireWire interface?
This is exactly it, Playing big chords on Mai tai with more demanding presets kills my CPU, I have to turn my sample rate down to the lowest just to allow one instance of Mai tai... Motherboard is Gigabite UD5H, Presonus 44VSL usb.

Im going to try out the focusrite forte tomorrow, Maybe it will handle vst's better.

rich_h wrote:I'm running Studio One v2 and v3 on OSX Yosemite and it doesn't crash for me. Am I doing something wrong?
Try running Mai Tai with the Chillwave pad preset, Then play a 4+ note chord or run your mouse through the keys, and tell me your results?

I'm also running v2 and v3 on a Mac under Yosemite, with no issues. However, Mai tai does spike the cpu pretty hard. I think it's just that plug.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Btw mai tai is really cpu intensive. Which is why despite liking it in the beginning, i decided not to use it afterall. Other synth is much more generous with cpu.
musisikamar.com

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”