Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is anyone getting a sluggish playhead? There will be times where the graphics just stop in v3 in the arrangement and the music is still playing and a second goes by and the play head catches up to the sound for me. Very weird.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

qtheerearranger wrote:is anyone getting a sluggish playhead? There will be times where the graphics just stop in v3 in the arrangement and the music is still playing and a second goes by and the play head catches up to the sound for me. Very weird.
It was a bit like that in v2 but yes worse in v3, but for me it's not a second, about half that which is still bad.
Hopefully addressed in the update which will likely be before episode 7, which orbit 50 better hope is a good film.
:party: :x
Last edited by crashedthecar on Fri May 29, 2015 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Using vocalign automatically crashes it. Too bad, i use it a lot. Now i have to use v2 for vocal aligning.
musisikamar.com

crashedthecar wrote:Well my reasoning is, I feel like a dick already so I have nothing to lose.

So orbit sorry mate, the minute I have an opinion, how ever strong.. ....
How ever drunk.....
I'll pm you when it happens
Take a hit for the team.
That's what I'm here for bro. :hihi:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Cheers to you sir :hihi:

I've been playing with the demo and is there a quick way to get to your bus channels without having to look for it in the mixer? Kind of annoying that it doesn't show up in the arrange window.

Why doesn't the import file menu item include midi as a file type? I'm trying to import a track from another host but miid files are greyed out.

aMUSEd wrote:Why doesn't the import file menu item include midi as a file type? I'm trying to import a track from another host but miid files are greyed out.
Use the browser and just drag 'em in, or open the midi file with studio one.
It'll ask if you want to keep it all in one track, or split by channel, etc. I'm not sure it's ever imported midi via menu.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Yeah I found that out in the end, but it still seems a strange omission from the file import.

aMUSEd wrote:Yeah I found that out in the end, but it still seems a strange omission from the file import.
Yup, i've gone looking for it there too.
I do like the reverse, though. Being able to drag clips out for export is a lovely thing.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

chk071 wrote:@ Uncle E: Anything new on the VST support for Artist front? :)
They haven't given me an answer. I'm beginning to take their silence as a "no". :(

It's on the website, $79.

Robert Randolph wrote:Is any one else annoyed that there's still a half-second lag when clicking an an empty space to move the playhead? (locate when clicked in an empty space).

No matter how many hundreds of times I've clicked... it still throws me off. No other DAW I know of does this.
Interestingly, there is no lag when clicking on the time ruler or and empty space with no track on the arrangement view.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:Is any one else annoyed that there's still a half-second lag when clicking an an empty space to move the playhead? (locate when clicked in an empty space).

No matter how many hundreds of times I've clicked... it still throws me off. No other DAW I know of does this.
Interestingly, there is no lag when clicking on the time ruler or and empty space with no track on the arrangement view.
Yep.

It's one of those random... "Can't have your cake and eat it too" things.

If you double click on a track, in empty space, it creates a midi clip or an audio part. So (logically) it has to pause for x millseconds or whatever to make sure it's not a double click, before it locates. Not excusing it, just explaining - why - it does that because I asked them that same question about 4 years ago. To stop it would (I guess) require removing the "double click to create a new clip" function so it would locate immediately.

I know some midi mouse editor guys like that function though, so if it was removed they'd probably object because they can just double click twice (create, edit) and be in the midi editor editing a brand new midi clip.

For now, Control+Click to locate immediately or use the "Locate Mouse Cursor" action whose default mod escapes me at the moment. I suppose a good FR might be to optionally switch off "double click to make a new clip" so that conflict wouldn't exist and clicking would always immediately locate.

Hope that helps a little.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”