Emulating this guitar sound

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It plays throughout the entire track, acts as the main melody. I imagine it's an electric guitar that's been recorded. I have an acoustic guitar but not an electric. Any synthesizers or VSTs out there that could give something similar?

Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im81ZKEJaw4

I think guitars are honestly THE hardest instruments to emulate. Even high-end sampling packs, like Vienna Symphonic etc., don't even come close in my opinion (unless we're talking about acoustic guitars). If you're really trying to emulate that sound, it might be easier (and less expensive) to find someone that plays. Not really sure what your resources are like, but if you do find a player, just load yourself a nice clean guitar preset on an amp sim, and throw some reverbs/delays. Other than that, I don't really have much experience with guitar emulation being that I'm a guitar player and would never use any of them being that I can just lay a track down myself lol. If you wanna upload whatever you're working on, I might be able to help you with that.

Honestly.....record a guitar.

As said above, it's not even worth it.

And considering what you are trying to emulate (and the music, the vibe, the sound) is actually an electric guitar.....whh would you go for a cheap ripoff??

Record a guitar. (then put shitloads of reverb and delay on it:D)
Sound Engineer / Musician / Producer......but I'm always learning.

I hear ya. It was kind of a vain hope anyway. I don't have an electric guitar but I might consider renting one or even buying one in the future. I might settle with recording some acoustic for now and messing around with a few effects and see what kind of sound I can get. I know it won't be anything like an electric but it's really the next best thing given the circumstances.

Thanks for the help!

Duncster94 wrote:I hear ya. It was kind of a vain hope anyway. I don't have an electric guitar but I might consider renting one or even buying one in the future. I might settle with recording some acoustic for now and messing around with a few effects and see what kind of sound I can get. I know it won't be anything like an electric but it's really the next best thing given the circumstances.

Thanks for the help!
2 things you can do in the mean time.

1. Get to know a player. They'll love the chance to record some stuff anyway.

2. Have a dig around for chill/ambient/chillwave/etc sample packs. They'll usually have some guitar loops and sounds that you can use either just as place fillers to get your skills and ideas up or maybe as keepers.
Sound Engineer / Musician / Producer......but I'm always learning.

That's a pretty track. Nice.

Bearing in mind that's a pretty clean sound with lots of processing, I reckon recording your acoustic could be well worth a go. If it doesn't have a pickup then you could think about one of those cheap contact mics (or even build one yourself with a piezo element for next to nothing). EQ and compress (for that 'plucky' attack) as desired and you could have a workable starting point. Add a nice 'tape' delay and subtle reverb and you should be pretty much there.

Return to “Sound Design”