Amiga Music Recording

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wildfunk wrote:Some Amiga audio software from my collection ;)

:hyper:

Anybody working with the FPGA incorporation of the AMIGA which was mentioned at the former page?
My current FPGA audio project:
http://www.96khz.org/htm/audiovisualizerrt.htm

Music-X for all my midi/sampler/analog stuff that was released on vinyl back then.
Music-X was awesome, it had both linear and non-linear workflow and could do nested sequences, ghost tracks things and even live triggering of sequences :)
All thanks to the nifty "play sequence" command you could insert into any track.
Think "scratch pads" way before Studio One :P
And similar to Chunks in Digital performer.

Played around with Bars and Pipes, but never wrote anything on it

Protracker for all my demo scene mods
You think I would like Renoise as a result, but I can't get a handle on it...

Pytchblend wrote:I've got quite a few tracks made with OctaMED on Amiga-formatted floppys. Shame my PC won't read them :(
It's an interesting predicament to be in; data being stranded by an ever widening technology gap. Most computers haven't featured parallel ports and floppy drives in years. I managed to migrate all my Amiga mods and documents because I took them with me through each computer transition. Amiga 500 floppies -> Amiga 500 HD -> moved to SCSI HD in Amiga 2000 -> copied to SCSI ZIP disks -> copied via IDE ZIP drive to HD on Windows 95>98>2000>XP -> Mac OS9>OSX.

I've got quite a few tracks made with OctaMED on Amiga-formatted floppys. Shame my PC won't read them :(

Years and years of soundtracker, protracker, and OctaMED here. When I had to say goodbye to Amiga I packed all of my HDs and most of my floppies to tar files; now I'm really happy I can use all of them in WinUAE :)

- Mario

I used to track in Protracker back in the day with this guy Ian. He was nuts then, he hasn't changed much now. I used to write loads of chip music back in the day and I think they're still on the ampsuite website with thousands and thousands mods. I misss the old days. Logic Pro X just isn't the same. :D

I loved dragging the markers around in AudioMaster IV... works best on long samples :)

Pytchblend wrote:I've got quite a few tracks made with OctaMED on Amiga-formatted floppys. Shame my PC won't read them :(
You might want to visit http://eab.abime.net - there's a bunch of dedicated Amiga fans there that could help you get those files to your PC.

A (pricey) hardware alternative is the Kryoflux FDD controller - it's designed for archival backups of all kinds of disk formats.

I bought a MIDI interface and TechnoSound Turbo 2 back in the day through Amiga Format promos. Still have the MIDI interface and the manual for TST2 but I dunno where the TST2 interface is. Must have a rummage around sometime and see if I can find it. I recently added a 128MB CF card "hard disk" to my A1200.

It would be nice to get it up and running again for games and some music making. Although last I tried, most of my floppies were having read issues. Don't know if it's the disks or the drives that's at fault. Fortunately, I transferred most/all of my mod files to PC long ago. But I didn't do the same with my sample floppies.

There is a tool for reading Amiga floppies on PC, but it requires two floppy drives to work. If you're handy with a soldering iron, it's also possible to mod certain PC drives to make them read Amiga disks.
Last edited by sprnva on Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AegisPrime wrote:You might want to visit http://eab.abime.net - there's a bunch of dedicated Amiga fans there that could help you get those files to your PC.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”