Vertigo synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vertigo

George wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I know I can do that but as I said I can't easily edit the layer and play the keyboard at the same time as moving the MW, I only have 2 hands, why isn't it possible to solo layer 2 like you can solo layer 1?
Getting confused. Can't mod wheel be set to max and left like that? On the worst case you can set it on Vertigo GUI.
Not with my controller, it always snaps back, but I just tried in the gui and that doesn't (assumed it would). OK that will do thanks

Loving the browser, long needed. Hoping you will make the gui resizable like Discovery.

btw the arrows are upside down for moving between presets (also so tiny I can hardly click them)
Last edited by aMUSEd on Thu May 28, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aMUSEd wrote:Loving the browser, long needed. Hoping you will make the gui resizable like Discovery.
Thanks, there are two bank downloads updated to work with 3.5 at http://www.discodsp.com/banks/ in case you didn't got them.

Resizable GUI is set for 4.0 :)

George wrote:Resizable GUI is set for 4.0 :)
Thank you for the info.
Is there any other hint about new features planned for v4 (and not planned for v3xxx), and the ETA ?
It's been a long time since Vertigo (which is an amazing synth) got updated, so before paying for an update, i would like to know if it should be a matter of months or years until v4, and the price/new features ratio will be worth the cost ?
(I know, it's a bit asking a lot ;))

Well, biggest feature I can talk is a full rewrite including scalable GUI. ETA can't be said because it depends of several factors (like sales). My advice regarding purchasing is: if you are not satisfied with the current feature set, then don't buy. I don't really want to keep talking or promising everything to finish delivering nothing like happened with other popular developers.

A BIG thanks to George (@ discoDSP) for your helpdesk support (via email) today. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:A BIG thanks to George (@ discoDSP) for your helpdesk support (via email) today. :tu:
You're welcome :)

why is the download limit so restrictive? i tried to download the R3.5 with a download manager, it downloaded a HTML page, so i tried with regular Firefox download but got told the file download limit has been reached. i understand the purpose behind this, but the way it's done is just plain punitive to legitimate users.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Members Area page has a banner that clearly warns about not using download managers. It was setup like that to prevent abusive behaviours that happened on the past. Please contact us with your purchase details to reset the limit. It usually takes effect in less than 1 hour, thank you.

ah, sorry, am half asleep, didn't notice the message... it should probably be made red and bold or something :)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

No problem :) Got your e-mail and limit has been reset already. Hope you enjoy Vertigo 3.5 now :)

George wrote:R3.5 is a paid update. Downloads/support from any previous versions are ended.
Usually paid upgrades are when versions go from 3.0 to 4.0, it is not often I see that one have to pay for a x.5 update

Will the 3.5 -> 4.0 also be a upgrade one needs to pay for?

I think I got my Vertigo 3 synth files back up'ed, but it would nevertheless be good to have a reminder by mail about this happening, before it happens.

Even Camel Audio allows customers to download their files after they have ceased trading.

Numanoid wrote:Will the 3.5 -> 4.0 also be a upgrade one needs to pay for?
No. Vertigo always had paid upgrades on x.5 releases.

This is a good sounding synth, but what a CPU hog. Now that we all seem to have enough power, is this synth now more usable?

Vertigo uses up to 256 oscillators, so the high CPU usage is justified. We did a lot of optimisations over the time and it has been using less and less, but still can be considered high compared to the average synth.

Hi George
Sorry, I still Can't save my Vertigo settings in daw project.
I.e. before save project you need save your own settings to new Vertigo preset, otherwise after re-open project you got last loaded preset settings from the Vertigo library.
I have this behavior at least in Studio One v2 and Live 9.
Vertigo R3.5

(PS Excuse Me for importunity :lol: , but tool is very interesting and would like to resolve it.)

Return to “Instruments”