KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to see return of original post date/name too.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I don't know why it would be, but the scrolling has slowed down again on mobile, notably on the recent posts page. Again, the rollovers appear to be the problem. Please kill em. They serve no real function with a mouse pointer, especially with sublinks, and they're totally inappropriate on touch devices.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

The site has been having some slow downs over the past couple of days, both on my phone and my laptop

I've just updated the Latest Posts page, including some options.

Ben [KVR] wrote:I've just updated the Latest Posts page, including some options.
Awesome! All of my niggles just went away! Thanks, Ben! :tu:
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

Yeah, it's faster again. Still jerky from rollovers but functional again.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I've moved the max topics per page preference to the cookie options too (so you can set it differently in different browsers / devices).

This is generic comment concerning some the of changes made to the KVR interface.
I don´t understand why some previous, very well working simpy functions such as e.g. the PM mail has been changed
to a mess. Now, after the "development", when I try to reply to the pm I´ve got quoting the message I´ve received,
if I press "quote", the the "reply" dissapears but there are "submit", however, the submint won´t send your reply message.
The previous version was very clear, this new if a mess.
How to reply by quote in the new "better" version? - I´m sure there are an answer but something really wrong with the interface
because in 15 minutes the user don´t get it working.

An other comment concerning the pm function: few days ago I saw that someone asked why it takes
so long for the KVR to send a pm. The thread starter had later realized, that this confusion was because of the "sent messages" folder is empy until the receiver has read the message, so far the message shows in the outbox. I think no wonder that the person was confused: of course the folder "sent messages" should be labeled "read messages", you have sent the message although the receivers hasn´t read it. H.

For the last 48 hours or so, I've been experiencing lots of intermittent Page Not Found errors, and general slowness. Other sites are responding normally.

Edit: It seems to be affecting the Music Cafe particularly badly, other forums seem more responsive.

I never thought I would care about KvR on mobile but I'm posting this from my Kindle HD. Everything looks good to me :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Login doesn't work for me on my iPad Air 8.2 in safari. I click on the login/register button, the dialog opens, I then hit the username field, then my iPad keyboard pops up very quickly, but then then page gets redirected immediately to the KVR-Registration page. Tried it several times, always the same.

Works well in opera coast, so it might just be buggy old Safari. Haven't updated to 8.3 yet, will try it eventually...

It looks like the page scrolls up when the touch triggers the keyboard to slide up and the touch/click ultimately lands on the register link rather than in the username field...

I've tweaked it so the login box is fixed at the top on iOS so the scroll shouldn't happen.
fese wrote:Login doesn't work for me on my iPad Air 8.2 in safari. I click on the login/register button, the dialog opens, I then hit the username field, then my iPad keyboard pops up very quickly, but then then page gets redirected immediately to the KVR-Registration page. Tried it several times, always the same.

Works well in opera coast, so it might just be buggy old Safari. Haven't updated to 8.3 yet, will try it eventually...

Seems like breadcrumb display of the subforum order on the very top is gone now. It just shows a link to the current subforum, there's no "..." and "Forum" links as it was before.

Ben [KVR] wrote:It looks like the page scrolls up when the touch triggers the keyboard to slide up and the touch/click ultimately lands on the register link rather than in the username field...

I've tweaked it so the login box is fixed at the top on iOS so the scroll shouldn't happen.
Fixed, thanks!

Problem: On a touch screen, the "posted by" is too close to the thread title when browsing the forums.

Result: I end up accidentally clicking on the hyperlink to view the profile of the thread creator when I want to open the thread.

Suggestion: Find some way of preventing this. Two suggestions might be:

1. Remove the posted by hyperlink (so it would be static text)
2. Move the location of the poster's name so it's not directly underneath the thread title

Return to “Site Stuff”