Cost of soundbanks - often expensive

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NatLife wrote:It's a strange but all my high prices bank selling well, this one (BASS sounds) selling worst) So as someone said before - "it's no difference between coast of the bank".
It's not the price only, it's different presets for different synth, it's handful of bass-es only for Serum, unlike your other one for same which offers way more.

Hive is very hot thing right now and worth exploiting until the market get's over saturated, which you kinda did and that gives you clear advantage in forming a price, you get way more attention and there's way less competition. :tu:

So you really can't compare that easily having only price in mind, it's the market, supply and demand applies :tu:

Passing Bye wrote:
NatLife wrote:It's a strange but all my high prices bank selling well, this one (BASS sounds) selling worst) So as someone said before - "it's no difference between coast of the bank".
It's not the price only, it's different presets for different synth, it's handful of bass-es only for Serum, unlike your other one for same which offers way more.

Hive is very hot thing right now and worth exploiting until the market get's over saturated, which you kinda did and that gives you clear advantage in forming a price, you get way more attention and there's way less competition. :tu:

So you really can't compare that easily having only price in mind, it's the market, supply and demand applies :tu:
Why? I have a complete Serum bank with a 18 pound coast, that was sold in 20 times better than BASS soundpack with a 10 pound coast. Serum bank i released already after when was released around 10 banks for this synth from other producers.
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

He's just pointing out that there are a lot of factors involved. Your sample size is so small that you can't conclude that the cost was the only or even the main factor.

Maybe (like me) people are less likely to buy a bass only bank.
Maybe some that bought one of your other banks didn't like them and so they didn't buy your newest one.
Maybe your first packs were so amazing that they didn't need any other presets ever.
Maybe less folks are buying presets his week because of the start of summer.
Maybe it's just coincidence.

Who knows? It just seems you're jumping to conclusions.

jsp1979 wrote:He's just pointing out that there are a lot of factors involved. Your sample size is so small that you can't conclude that the cost was the only or even the main factor.

Maybe some that bought one of your other banks didn't like them and so they didn't buy your newest one.
Maybe your first packs were so amazing that they didn't need any other presets ever.

Spot freaking on :tu: :clap:

jsp1979 wrote:He's just pointing out that there are a lot of factors involved. Your sample size is so small that you can't conclude that the cost was the only or even the main factor.

Well, it's just hypothesis from my small experience here. Because i saw same message before from another producer, who said that high prices bank sells better.
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

NatLife wrote:

Well, it's just hypothesis from my small experience here. Because i saw same message before from another producer, who said that high prices bank sells better.
Honestly, I'm beginning to think that's right. I notice a pattern where if I jack my prices up, more people buy it. I've always had the assumption that if you sell lower, you make the same money and more people would use them.
Last edited by Xenos on Wed May 27, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Well guys, you can always jack you prices up and if that fails on you, it's sales time :party:

But I guess you follow your gut feeling and you know deep inside is that possible or not, again, there's so much factors and one should really took all into account, especially the reason why you jacked your prices up that time, because it's not like you rolled the dice and went with it, there was plenty going on for you to do that :tu:

I'm not saying lower prices more money, some stuff sells because they are expensive, it's market, everything depends from case to case, so much factors are at stake.

Passing Bye wrote:Well guys, you can always jack you prices up and if that fails on you, it's sales time :party:

But I guess you follow your gut feeling and you know deep inside is that possible or not, again, there's so much factors and one should really took all into account, especially the reason why you jacked your prices up that time, because it's not like you rolled the dice and went with it, there was plenty going on for you to do that :tu:

I'm not saying lower prices more money, some stuff sells because they are expensive, it's market, everything depends from case to case, so much factors are at stake.
Marketing psychology is something I've long overlooked. In real life, I'm a bit of a bargain hunter and know where I can find quality goods for low prices. Unfortunately, I feel that the low prices at my store have affected my sales negatively, and some experimentation with the prices proved it. Given I've been in "business" for 7 years and improved my skills significantly as a sound designer since that time, new products will adopt the "mainstream" pricing strategy instead of the "bargain basement" one. There's still room for some "econo line" products, though, such as for highly experimental and riskier ideas, or sets for low-priced synths I happen to like.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Xenos wrote: Marketing psychology is something I've long overlooked. In real life, I'm a bit of a bargain hunter and know where I can find quality goods for low prices. Unfortunately, I feel that the low prices at my store have affected my sales negatively, and some experimentation with the prices proved it. Given I've been in "business" for 7 years and improved my skills significantly as a sound designer since that time, new products will adopt the "mainstream" pricing strategy instead of the "bargain basement" one. There's still room for some "econo line" products, though, such as for highly experimental and riskier ideas, or sets for low-priced synths I happen to like.
You should, especially if you are doing something more mainstream for folks that aren't worried about scoring a bargain that much :tu:

Xenos wrote:
NatLife wrote:

Honestly, I'm beginning to think that's right. I notice a pattern where if I jack my prices up, more people buy it. I've always had the assumption that if you sell lower, you make the same money and more people would use them.
That does make some sense. In some markets one can raise prices and still get more customers. Depends on those factors mentioned and then some.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Question. Is a soundbank capped at 128 presets?
Barry

Thats the old fxb size. Most synths now have their own preset system, so you can make a bank any size.

Kriminal wrote:Thats the old fxb size. Most synths now have their own preset system, so you can make a bank any size.
:) :)
Barry

Xenos wrote:
Passing Bye wrote:Well guys, you can always jack you prices up and if that fails on you, it's sales time :party:

Marketing psychology is something I've long overlooked. In real life, I'm a bit of a bargain hunter and know where I can find quality goods for low prices. Unfortunately, I feel that the low prices at my store have affected my sales negatively, and some experimentation with the prices proved it. Given I've been in "business" for 7 years and improved my skills significantly as a sound designer since that time, new products will adopt the "mainstream" pricing strategy instead of the "bargain basement" one. There's still room for some "econo line" products, though, such as for highly experimental and riskier ideas, or sets for low-priced synths I happen to like.
From the first banks i saw same situation. I just had a little example of Serum bank's. High prices bank sells much better. After when i puted a twice lower price - sells was bad. For 32 preset's i can not rise up the price twice, but just maybe on 2-3 pounds not more. Anyway from this little expirience i don't see a reason why i must lower my prices. Maybe as u said - for low-priced synths it can be a lower prices.

If I get a paid musicjob and I know what kind of music I am going to write or produce, I already know which Presetdesigner I will look up for his/her newest soundset.

Unless you create your own presets, which is sometimes impossible because of tight deadlines, that is the way to stay up to date with sounds. So I don`t care about the price, I care about inspiration and new sounds. :phones:

The problem with older synths/presets, you don`t know which presets were already taken by someone else. :dog:

So either you buy a new VST or a new Soundset (for me that`s like a new synth).
The soundset is the cheaper option.
That is probably also the reason for the popularity of Sylenth1.
There are always new Soundsets for it, so it is always modern.

Return to “Soundware”