How to use VST spectrum analyzer in LMMS?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is my first post here, so hello all! I am fairly new to the world of digital music and while most things are easy enough to figure out with a little effort, I am a bit stumped on this one. I was wanting to tinker with some harmonic analysis stuff and downloaded a spectrum analyzer VST plugin. While I can get it up in LMMS using VeSTige I can't figure out how to get a signal into it. Any ideas?

Thanks! :)

Hello :wink:

Insert it as an effect on master or any other channel in mixer :tu:

Thanks for the reply, Passing Bye. :) I tried to do that, but it doesn't show up in the "add effect" menu. Am I putting it in the wrong place maybe? Currently I'm dropping the .dll in ../program files/LMMS/plugins.

If that is your plugin folder, than it should be on the bottom of insert effect list, I'm not using LMMS or have any experience using it, but I'm on Linux right now and I gave it a go and it seems to work :tu:

Which particular VST plugin are you trying to insert, so I can try with same one?

Voxengo SPAN is working :tu:

Be sure to point out to correct path in settings for vst plugins path (edit>settings>paths>vst-plugin-directory) and directly to the VST folder, have every .dll in that folder, no extra folders, because it seems that LMMS doesn't look further than that. :tu:

Ah, that's what it was. I had looked at the wrong path in the settings menu. D'oh! It's working now. Thanks for the help! :)

Jacobian_Matrix wrote:Ah, that's what it was. I had looked at the wrong path in the settings menu. D'oh! It's working now. Thanks for the help! :)
Sure, glad you worked that out :wink:

Return to “Effects”