Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

I'm more positive, I doubt they bought it for no reason. They didn't touch the sampler or Sculpture in the last Logic version update so I'm hoping they will in the next. A super instrument with multiple sample based and synthesis engines derived from Camel tech (and physical modelling too?), with advanced performance capabilities and an iOS controller, plus Redmatica based sample instrument building and management would be fantastic. We can only dream :)

aMUSEd wrote:I'm more positive, I doubt they bought it for no reason. They didn't touch the sampler or Sculpture in the last Logic version update so I'm hoping they will in the next. A super instrument with multiple sample based and synthesis engines derived from Camel tech (and physical modelling too?), with advanced performance capabilities and an iOS controller, plus Redmatica based sample instrument building and management would be fantastic. We can only dream :)
Thanks for the smile, that would be extremely cool 8)
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Apostate wrote:Am I naïve to hope that there will at least be some kind of Alchemy-esque synth coming from the Apple merger? Perhaps one even better? Or are we Alchemy enthusiasts out of luck entirely?
As much as I detest Apple and have lived through their crap since the Apple III, don't hold your breath.
That's a shame. I guess my next synth is either going to be a Camel account in full, or Omnisphere. And after hearing your specific praises regarding Omnisphere, I'm leaning way more toward that. Plus, I just might already indeed own outstanding "parts" of what makes Alchemy great, including pretty much all the aforementioned other synths.

However, though I only have the Camel player, I must admit I've had a lot of great times programming that synth. I love the sound, the way it looks, and the multiple program options. Great synth, a terrible shame if I lost the option to buy someone's account.
There is still time, before they close their doors: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p6128935

;)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

aMUSEd wrote:No none of them can replace it at the moment, parts of it yes, but not the whole of it (which is what I was saying). Also none of them have Alchemy's performance features which I love. Omnisphere probably comes closest but lacks the spectral and additive engines, although it at least has The Orb which partly touches on Alchemy's performance features (but still falls short).
yeop sounds accurate too :neutral:

aMUSEd wrote:I'm more positive, I doubt they bought it for no reason. They didn't touch the sampler or Sculpture in the last Logic version update so I'm hoping they will in the next. A super instrument with multiple sample based and synthesis engines derived from Camel tech (and physical modelling too?), with advanced performance capabilities and an iOS controller, plus Redmatica based sample instrument building and management would be fantastic. We can only dream :)
sure and thats the reason why i will buy an overpriced mac ... :hihi:
if crapple only would open their policy, that you can install any OSX in virtualbox legit, but no they are total puzzies about that.

wagtunes wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Okay, I have to ask. What is it that Alchemy did that no other synth on this planet can do? I find it almost impossible to believe that this ONE SYNTH was one of a kind and nothing else can duplicate its sonic output.

Who here who has used Alchemy extensively can describe in detail the architecture so I can see what pieces are missing from all the other "complex" synths.
There are many plugins that can do parts of what Alchemy can do, some of them better (for those specific parts e.g Padshop for granular, possibly Harmor for raw resynthesis quality). I think it's the total combination of features, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, plus the fantastic performance features, and the true spectral and additive morphing, which at the time was state of the art in software (only really bettered by the likes of Kyma), the excellent resynthesis and (probably what sold it for lots of people) an outstanding series of addon banks by Camel and third parties (particularly Simon Stockhausen's) that made it into a platform for innovative sound design drawing on its multiple synthesis engines, impressive modulation capabilities and performance features (which no other synth had apart from NI Kore 2, which for me it was a natural partner for).
Correct me if I'm wrong. But it sounds to me like what you're saying is that at the time it was unique and blew everything else out of the water as far as versatility but today, maybe not so much?
Actually no I'm not saying that at all, I'm saying there are a few synths that can do some of what Alchemy can do as well as or better, but the whole is far greater than the sum of its parts. Alchemy is still irreplaceable and it's a major tragedy that it's not longer around or that most people won't get to see what Alchemy 2 would have been like. I think it inspired and facilitated some of the best and most innovative and brilliant sound design I have come across that still takes my breath away and that I can get lost in for hours, particularly some of Simon's best work, but also a wealth of other amazing third party and Camel made/commissioned libraries. I only hope that Apple do make good use of the talent that CamelAudio contained to create something that betters it and makes up for that loss (at least for some).

aMUSEd wrote:
Actually no I'm not saying that at all, I'm saying there are a few synths that can do some of what Alchemy can do as well as or better, but the whole is far greater than the sum of its parts. Alchemy is still irreplaceable and it's a major tragedy that it's not longer around or that most people won't get to see what Alchemy 2 would have been like. I think it inspired and facilitated some of the best and most innovative and brilliant sound design I have come across that still takes my breath away and that I can get lost in for hours, particularly some of Simon's best work, but also a wealth of other amazing third party and Camel made/commissioned libraries. I only hope that Apple do make good use of the talent that CamelAudio contained to create something that betters it and makes up for that loss (at least for some).
Cool post, I hope so too. Believe me, I'm really bummed that I'm stuck with only a player version of Camel, I can get lost in that plugin for hours on end.
Ha ha suck it!

Mainly made with Camel Audios (... or Apple's) Alchemy synth! Somewhere in the future i will remember this beautiful time after the :evil: destroyed this great tool!

https://soundcloud.com/c-a-k-a-g-e/gala ... he-journey

Sorry if said already, but here's my thought how this is going to continue:

...year or two of (at least partial) silence.
Then new version of Lo(I'm not Garage Band, trust me!)gic will appear and inside it will be either a re-branded and re-skinned version of Alchemy 2 or they find a way how to make some CA's algo-driven native time-stretching/mangling inside the DAW itself.
Either way it will get some amazingly cheesy name and it will be marketed as a brand new totally life-changing technology.
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

Strange: a new update (v 2.3.18) for Alchemy Synth Mobile Studio just pushed through iOS updater today. Who's doing this and under what direction?
It's the music that makes the science worthwhile.

maybe crapple allowed to continue the iOS version?

k-tronix wrote:Strange: a new update (v 2.3.18) for Alchemy Synth Mobile Studio just pushed through iOS updater today. Who's doing this and under what direction?
You can now restore again your inn app purchases. I often loved it more to use on my iPad (and iPhone) because the remix pads are so brilliant on the touch screen. I would trough away most of my plug-ins for Alchemy 2 :cry: Would be great if apple at least make a Sculpture 2 (still one of a kind instrument) with Alchemy 2 under the hood and an more advanced ESX24 sampler included.

+1

the "all sounds pack" seems to be free, but if i click to download there's a message about 48,99 euro.

whats up with this, is it free now or not?

You can't buy any new packs anyway so not sure why they are showing.
Instant human just add coffee

Return to “Instruments”