Studio One 3 - Presence XT

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is just a simple question which I can't seem to figure out myself and support has not answered yet:

After upgrading from V2 Producer to V3 Professional everything is working fine except I don't have the new sampler Presence XT. The equally new synth MaiTai is showing up fine as is the old Presence, it's just Presence XT that's missing and I can't find a seperate download link in my account at Presonus. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

For now i only test the demo. And there is presence xt. I think you should contact the presonus support, or maybe download and/or install it again. good luck
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

Thanks for the suggestion. I contacted them yesterday by creating a suppor ticket but so far no reaction. I was hoping to use Presence XT over the weekend and maybe the'll return by tuesday so I thought I'd ask here.

I'll try to redownload and reinstall.

In v3 Presence = Presence XT. Just load it

Are you saying you launch v3 and you have the old Presence - from V2? - showing and running inside of v3? Can you please show a picture of that?

Did you report that on the user forum? Link? There is no separate download link for any of the bundled instruments, they're all wrapped into the installer. If you see MaiTai you should have both.

It's almost too embarrasing to admit, but you're right. The instrument shows up in the list as Presence, but once it's started, it is actually Presence XT. I apologize für the stupidity, I really never actually used Presence in V2 so I assumed, it was the old one because of the name.

Thanks all for your quick help.

Can anyone who tried the included samples let us know how good they are?

Sounds quality might be subjective, but I'd very much like to know is it now the included content up to the samples from various dedicated samplers? Or at least close? Is it at least usable? Given that the previous content - samples/sounds - was not anywhere near the competition.

In a word, is it really possible to use only Presence XT in a production?

Thanks,
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

24MTS wrote:Can anyone who tried the included samples let us know how good they are?

Sounds quality might be subjective, but I'd very much like to know is it now the included content up to the samples from various dedicated samplers? Or at least close? Is it at least usable? Given that the previous content - samples/sounds - was not anywhere near the competition.

In a word, is it really possible to use only Presence XT in a production?

Thanks,
Really bad, it's a little bit better than v2 but not good enough compared to 3rd party library/vst.

Also i don't like how things are sampled. The lowest note are panned to hard left, while upper note to the hard right. There are only 2-3 notes in the middle and everything else is panned. Really unusable like this in some genres where you need more control on the pan.

Maybe they should have just used the instruments that are used in Notion.
I have my meals in a royal palace accompanied by the Royal String Quartet.

Thanks,

So, let's say compared with simple Xpand!2, Presence XT sounds are behind?
------------

24MTS wrote:Thanks,

So, let's say compared with simple Xpand!2, Presence XT sounds are behind?
sorry never tried it, if you have a demo link or something i can compare

24MTS wrote:Can anyone who tried the included samples let us know how good they are?
The XT Coee sounds are pretty good imo. Opinions on that (and anything and everything else really) will vary though.

You can hear some of that content via previewing it in the store tab of the browser. You can't hear everything in the 30 gb's but you can hear some of it. The only way to hear all of it is to buy it, v3 pro, or the content.

Scottex, here's a link to Xpand, what would you say? http://www.airmusictech.com/product/xpand2#.VWTOwFXtlBc

Lawrence, could you maybe post a video with some sounds? I know you are very balanced in your views and so I'd appreciate your opinion on this. BTW, what is with the 30 gb of content anyway? Is it 14 gb the samples for XT and the other 16 gb loops, sounds and alike? Thanks.
------------

24MTS wrote:Scottex, here's a link to Xpand, what would you say? http://www.airmusictech.com/product/xpand2#.VWTOwFXtlBc

Lawrence, could you maybe post a video with some sounds? I know you are very balanced in your views and so I'd appreciate your opinion on this. BTW, what is with the 30 gb of content anyway? Is it 14 gb the samples for XT and the other 16 gb loops, sounds and alike? Thanks.
better Xpand but Presence XT is more acoustic instrument oriented.

found this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILY1sNggnjw

Thanks, it looks interesting.

But now, just to confirm, is it that Presence XT that comes with Artist will NOT be able to load kontakt files for instance? What does it load then?

In the comparison table it says that only Professional Presence XT has support for these.
http://studioone.presonus.com/compare-versions
------------

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”