FL Studio 12 Released!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Image-Line wrote:
Regnas wrote: A kinda unrelated question:
Why don't you create separate installers for each version (32bit and 64bit)... the setup is getting huge, sometimes it's difficult to download on slow networks...
I think it would be better IMHO.
Cheers.
There's thread discussing the topic here. The Dual installer is not the cause as they share a lot of files.

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 0&t=140576

Regards Scott
Well, life is hard.

I hope in the future you can change your minds and create a separate installer for the data and for the plugins...

Anyway, thanks for answering.
Cheers....

trimph1 wrote:
tooneba wrote:Uninstall the software you are no longer interested. Is it really hard for people nowadays? :hihi:
:lol:
....but...but...but....then what would they complain about? :hihi:
Well,
Theres always 'getting ripped off on lifetime updates' to fall back on.
ImageImageImageImage

Finally grabbed it. I wanted to say thanks for the new (to me anyway) About screen reg, that was dead easy. :tu:

P.S. Did the FL Studio 12 installer also put "Pluto TV" on my system? I see it in the task bar now after the install. If so... please stop doing that. If not, apologies.

Regnas wrote:I hope in the future you can change your minds and create a separate installer for the data and for the plugins...
We'll that's what we plan to do.

For now we wanted all installations to have both versions.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

LawrenceF wrote:P.S. Did the FL Studio 12 installer also put "Pluto TV" on my system? I see it in the task bar now after the install. If so... please stop doing that. If not, apologies.
I hope not. Can you run the installer again and check each step?

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Pluto TV? You're the first person to ask that, if that came from the FL Installer the forum would blow up.

Fidelitymusic wrote:Pluto TV? You're the first person to ask that, if that came from the FL Installer the forum would blow up.
Actually that kind of stuff has happened before that IL installer had crapware included. I think it was intentional before as it got IL some extra income. I haven't noticed it on recent installers though.

And obviously you have to be extra careful when downloading from mirrors like Softpedia as they tend to inject crap into the installers. It's always better to download from the Google Drive link provided.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
Fidelitymusic wrote:Pluto TV? You're the first person to ask that, if that came from the FL Installer the forum would blow up.
Actually that kind of stuff has happened before that IL installer had crapware included. I think it was intentional before as it got IL some extra income. I haven't noticed it on recent installers though.

And obviously you have to be extra careful when downloading from mirrors like Softpedia as they tend to inject crap into the installers. It's always better to download from the Google Drive link provided.

It's been a while since I noticed anything like that, and it was never along the lines of some TV application.

I personally like the FL installer including all the plugins too. If you do decide to make a separate installer for all that stuff, please make it optional. It's easy to manage product updates if you own a lot of the plugins by just installing the latest version of FL instead of tracking and checking in to see what is and isn't out-of-date.

If you go down that road, IMO it would be a good idea to have a full installer (with all plugins and whatnot) and a "lite" installer (with only essential files). I doubt I would be the only one to appreciate that. :)

Image-Line wrote:
Regnas wrote:I hope in the future you can change your minds and create a separate installer for the data and for the plugins...
We'll that's what we plan to do.
Good news.

Cheers.

robotmonkey wrote:Actually that kind of stuff has happened before that IL installer had crapware included. I think it was intentional before as it got IL some extra income. I haven't noticed it on recent installers though.
We have never made or relied on any significant money from 'crapware' installation.

Open candy served two purposes

1. To count the number of installations, it's one way we know installs are over 30,000 per day (often 45,000 plus). This is independent from downloads and customer downloads.

2. File hosting. Open Candy hosted the file at a time when it was prohibitively expensive to do so, but we have our own server now and Google also allows us to host a copy on their servers too. So this is now moot. FWIW: The FL Studio installer requires in the order of 12-15 TB per day (12,000 to 15,000 GB). That used to cost a significant amount of money, about the price of a car every month. These days it's no longer an issue.

Apart from a few hiccups in the past, Open Candy is set to opt-in and we vet what products appear.

FWIW: If you are a registered customer the installer will detect your FL Studio license and skip the Open Candy page on the wizard. It has been this way for a couple of years.

Regards Scott

Scott, i used FL12 more and more now and it seems to have less or no issues with some projects i marked in the past i had issues in FL11 with.. but checkout this topic

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 1#p1022671

i dont and cannot understand such DRASTIC changes :(

this is CRUCIAL for a DAW and it shouldnt be like that. i wanna use FL12 now as i stated why but this is a massive problem for me as described in the topic! it's not only gotten worse with Submixes but like telling someone not to write with his right hand but suddenly left hand.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Image-Line wrote:FWIW: If you are a registered customer the installer will detect your FL Studio license and skip the Open Candy page on the wizard. It has been this way for a couple of years.
That explains why I've not seen it. I read the thread and kept wondering if I had somehow missed the option.

Sensible solution, I feel.

forget it.

CC4 wrote:forget it.
I hate to tell you this bro, you were kind of rude and obnoxious to begin with. You get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. You were pointed to the information you asked for, but you got all... well you know. Just a word of advice dude. That's all. :wink:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”