Computer Music/Radar's Best Soft Synths 2015

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Apostate wrote:
Urs wrote:
cron wrote:What's this? A poll in which u-he don't dominate? :o... I only half jest because u-he's stuff is great (I own and love Bazille), but going by their rep at KVR and the love they inspire here, I expected nought more than a landslide.
I think we're doing fine. Diva made the top ten, Zebra just missed them by a spot and ACE/Bazille might not be the right thing for the audience. Curious to see how Hive would have done :clown:
I'm curious as to how Nave would have done. Or Sytrus.
I think that Nave will be there next year, as the Syn'x 2. Xils 4 made a good place this year, and got the 5 stars.

I'm a bit surprised Largo isn't in the list, unless I missed it, but well, maybe it will come back next year. Diversion was a good surprise. No new Roland units as well, nor Korgs, its also a bit surprising but well, iirc it's CM readers who determined the global list, so maybe it only represents a particular subset of all synth users.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Wow, it's been a long time since I haven't posted here.

Guys, thank you so much for your support! We've kept our spot at #2 again :party:

We've been working real hard for SynthMaster Player for iPad and also for SynthMaster v2.7, so that's why we don't have much time to hang around at KVR forums. v2.7 will have real improvements for the oscillators and for the analog filters :hyper:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:Wow, it's been a long time since I haven't posted here.

Guys, thank you so much for your support! We've kept our spot at #2 again :party:

We've been working real hard for SynthMaster Player for iPad and also for SynthMaster v2.7, so that's why we don't have much time to hang around at KVR forums. v2.7 will have real improvements for the oscillators and for the analog filters :hyper:
Hi Bulent, congrats to you and the team on the #2 spot! I voted for Synthmaster and was very pleased to hear it made it so high. Competition is fierce so that's a true achievement. I'm hugely looking forward to 2.7. I know back in Nov 2013 (my gosh, has it been that long?) it was mentioned that the UI would be seeing an improvement for 2.7, is that still the plan?

Well, the GUI won't see a dramatic improvement (yet), we'll hopefully do that in v3.0

But, what's coming is:

1. New oscillator algorithms: Basic/wavetable oscillators are now more powerful with 16 new algorithms: (Lowpass, Highpass, LowShelve, HighShelve, BandPass, BandStop, Bend+, Bend-, Bend +/-, Sync No Window, Sync Half Window, Sync Cos Window, Sync Tri Window, Sync Saw Window, Pulse 1, Pulse2, Quantize)

2. Analog filters are now less CPU demanding: We are introducing 3 algorithms where you can lower/increase the nonlinearities in the algorithm. The low CPU mode surprisingly uses 50% less CPU than the older algorithm but it sounds the same in 95% of the cases (for poly sounds with low/medium resonance). For mono sounds we even added a high CPU algorithm with more nonlinearities so this will sound hopefuly more analog!

3. Export your own presets to SynthMaster Player for iPad: as many of you guys have heard we just released SynthMaster Player for iPad. With v2.7 , you'll be able to export your user banks to iOS!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

That sounds awesome. Point 2 in particular. Good luck finishing it up! :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:I think Sytrus simply looks too flimsy and ugly to be taken seriously. It has that cheap IL legacy look. I never used it, but my brother uses it all the time and likes it. They should ask the guys who did the Harmless and Harmor interfaces to do one for Sytrus.
I thought it was the same guy (gol)?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I think Sytrus simply looks too flimsy and ugly to be taken seriously. It has that cheap IL legacy look. I never used it, but my brother uses it all the time and likes it. They should ask the guys who did the Harmless and Harmor interfaces to do one for Sytrus.
Yes he is the same guy. He is also the developer of FL Studio. I really don't know how he could manage his time!

Sytrus has been released more than 10 years ago, right? I remember I was using 17" CRT monitor (which was common) with 1024x768 resolution and it was fine that time.

I hope there will be Sytrus 2 in the near future with a nice update to the GUI resembling the same vector design of FL Studio 12 (that would be awesome indeed). The sound is still great IMO, but even if just a slight enhancement would be more than enough 8)

EnGee wrote:
xx JPRacer xx wrote:
Yes he is the same guy. He is also the developer of FL Studio. I really don't know how he could manage his time!

Sytrus has been released more than 10 years ago, right? I remember I was using 17" CRT monitor (which was common) with 1024x768 resolution and it was fine that time.

I hope there will be Sytrus 2 in the near future with a nice update to the GUI resembling the same vector design of FL Studio 12 (that would be awesome indeed). The sound is still great IMO, but even if just a slight enhancement would be more than enough 8)
I live for that day, Sytrus is a MONSTER!
Ha ha suck it!

Lotuzia wrote:No new Roland units as well, nor Korgs, its also a bit surprising but well, iirc it's CM readers who determined the global list, so maybe it only represents a particular subset of all synth users.
Yes, but Roland's new "flagship" JD-XA sounds like crap for thousands. The filter aliases...inexcusably bad.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Gonga wrote:Yes, but Roland's new "flagship" JD-XA sounds like crap for thousands. The filter aliases...inexcusably bad.
Have you played the JD-XA in person: are you stating that the analogue filter in the JD-XA "aliases"?

atukao wrote:
Gonga wrote:Yes, but Roland's new "flagship" JD-XA sounds like crap for thousands. The filter aliases...inexcusably bad.
Have you played the JD-XA in person: are you stating that the analogue filter in the JD-XA "aliases"?
Well, in fact I confused it with the JD-Xi, which yes, aliases. But I think they have the same analog engine. The JD-Xi sounds like crap in this demo. The explanation I've heard is that the controls are digital. One poster stated that it was fixed in an update, but I'm skeptical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmxlbXqI6Zg
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Return to “Instruments”