Studio One 3?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Their just getting started. Now they have the control surface coming out. Then I'm sure in the future a notation page. One step at a time.

EvilDragon wrote:Reaper is perfectly usable. And extremely fast, once you mold it to your own workflow, rather than trying to fit your workflow into the one imposed on you.

See, since Presonus is marketing S1 with the sentence "More of everything—except the bloat", I wonder how come CPU usage is not really reflecting that. It's bad enough to feel bloaty. Seems to me that Presonus has a loooot to work on to improve S1 in that particular area...
It makes it easier for songwriters/producers to get our ideas out quick. Michael Jackson's nephew will tell you-
https://twitter.com/tarylljackson/statu ... 2174533637

So for producers/songwriters what are the benefits of using reaper over studio one? Is their a scratch pad like feature? How about a mastering suite? Soundcloud integration? Can I control reaper from my ipad? Is their a control surface for reaper? I don't know I haven't used reaper before.

I really don't care one least bit about Michael Jackson's nephew, nor anybody else's workflow. I care about MY workflow. I don't need Soundcloud integration, really (it's a nice bonus, but not a hugely important feature).

And sure there is control surface support for Reaper. You can use OSC, too, which means you can control it not only from an iPad, but from Android, too.

Then again, S1 is really easy to get into, without even reading the manual. So that's its plus side. Reaper's plus side is the amazing CPU efficiency, so you can load more plugins before your CPU starts crapping out. It all depends on what you want to do.

I really don't care one least bit about Michael Jackson's nephew, nor anybody else's workflow. I care about MY workflow. I don't need Soundcloud integration, really (it's a nice bonus, but not a hugely important feature).
it would be a cold world if anybody need the same things....
Personnaly i try reaper at the beginning and don't find satisfaction and never get back to it.I think it's maybe because of the GUI...As you said the more important thing is MY workflow , i found the last V3 (demo mode , not received my serial yet :( :-? ) is very turned to creative way.I love how presonus build the thing.If you add soundtoys / NI / waves..... plugins it turn to be a war machine.

EvilDragon wrote:I really don't care one least bit about Michael Jackson's nephew, nor anybody else's workflow. I care about MY workflow. I don't need Soundcloud integration, really (it's a nice bonus, but not a hugely important feature).

And sure there is control surface support for Reaper. You can use OSC, too, which means you can control it not only from an iPad, but from Android, too.

Then again, S1 is really easy to get into, without even reading the manual. So that's its plus side. Reaper's plus side is the amazing CPU efficiency, so you can load more plugins before your CPU starts crapping out. It all depends on what you want to do.
Yeah studio one cpu efficiency seems good over here. Then again I invested in a good computer. Yeah being that this is the first release they will have time to fix bugs and improve cpu effiency. Other than that not sure if reaper has a mastering suite, scratch pad or multi instruments or what's in this video-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4WeqKVyPpA

As a S1 user, I'm happy there are a number of nice improvements in v3.

However, I am surprised that people are installing a .0 release. You must like living on the bleeding edge. :P My policy with software is to wait a couple of months until most of the obvious bugs are squashed.

They're mostly running both. It installs independently with major versions and much like Reaper, doesn't invade the system, so there's no issue at all installing 3.0 and keeping 2.x installed.

But I agree with the premise. Any software that patches or updates an existing install or even shared appdata data folders and similar on Windows I wouldn't touch at x.0, but S1 doesn't do that. All of the install directories are separated, they never touch each other.

Actually, like Reaper, S1 only needs installing because the installer is a packed file. The app will run without even being installed if you just copy the main folder from an install to another system.

EvilDragon wrote:I really don't care one least bit about Michael Jackson's nephew, nor anybody else's workflow. I care about MY workflow. I don't need Soundcloud integration, really (it's a nice bonus, but not a hugely important feature).

If you don't know there is a function called transform (freeze). You can get more and more instruments/effects with it. Otherwise you can buy a 8-core cpu wich should do the job. Also bounce is your friend.

ps: Intel i7-4790k @4.0 ghz only cost 320$

Does S1 has Offline FX like Cubase? It is so CPU efficient.

tooneba wrote:Does S1 has Offline FX like Cubase? It is so CPU efficient.
yes it's called event fx already there in V2

Scottex wrote:
tooneba wrote:Does S1 has Offline FX like Cubase? It is so CPU efficient.
yes it's called event fx already there in V2
Thx. that's good.

Anyone got this problem on S1V3 ??

D/L the demo on my i7 laptop running Win7 64 bit and installed both 32 and 64bit version.

Started the 32bit, I found the screen was flickering like hell. After it loaded into the main screen the screen kept flickering. It happened on both version of V3. Anyone got this problem?

cowby wrote:Anyone got this problem on S1V3 ??

D/L the demo on my i7 laptop running Win7 64 bit and installed both 32 and 64bit version.

Started the 32bit, I found the screen was flickering like hell. After it loaded into the main screen the screen kept flickering. It happened on both version of V3. Anyone got this problem?
Do you have dual GPUs? I have a Dell e6420 with an integrated Intel and an optional nVidia adapter. It seems there is an issue with Studio One v3 and systems with more than one GPU. Presonus is aware of it.

Randy

randygo wrote:
cowby wrote:Anyone got this problem on S1V3 ??

Do you have dual GPUs? I have a Dell e6420 with an integrated Intel and an optional nVidia adapter. It seems there is an issue with Studio One v3 and systems with more than one GPU. Presonus is aware of it.

Randy
Thanks Randy, will have a check on my notebook though I am not an expert of hardware stuff. But I recalled that my ACER Laptop has got a nVidia chip adapter. Anyway, do you have any work around for this issue ?

Can anyone who has used both Cubase and Studio One extensively, post how they feel the workflow compares? Which one is faster for getting down ideas and such? Are the functions in Studio One adequate? I am a midi based library composer.

I have played with Studio One demo and it compares to Cubase which I use. It seems like a modern stripped down version that eliminates the bloat and fluff. I know it's relative to what type of music you're putting out but anything is helpful.
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”