Roger Nichols Plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Compyfox wrote: The code was "recovered" or rather "went back" to a German developer. His company is called "AXIS PLUGINS", and he's selling Inspector XL under the name "Inspektor (XL)" now. However, the system is now "Subscription based/ELicenser". Though if you buy one license, you get a bundle of all plugins by the company, but if you stop the subscription fees - your plugins stop working.

If that is absolutely no problem for you - go over to AXIS Plugins.
Yes, that's the guy I was talking about. He was the main developer, and when he broke with the CEO of the company, RND was no more...
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:...when he broke with the CEO of the company...
I sure wonder why... :roll:
(actually, I'm not... but this is a long story with "previous customer support")
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Seems like proper GUIs for digital, so unlike modern glossy imitation (I'm about Inspector, not iphone-themed stuff).

:nutter: worst GUI i've ever seen !

Cupid Stunt wrote:Hi, couple of months late here, but found this page during a google search.

I have only just started migrating from my G5 to my Mac Pro and the two plug that i have come so attached to are by RND, Inspector XL and Splizer.

I have '32 Lives' as a bridge for logic X and have OS X 10.10. iv tried fiddling with the component file, but don't seem to have any luck (i am useless with Tech tho).

Is there anyone who can get these plugs to work with thee newer systems? I am so stuck with out these plugs!!!

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

cheers
I have them working on my Mac Pro in Mavericks, using 32 Lives to bridge to Logic X. The only one that crashes is splizer. I bought them second hand (thanks Marconi) :)

I already had the Elemental Audio version of InspectorXL and the EQs back when EA was still in business. Those still work too but Inspector shares the same name so it defaults to the RN version.

Does anyone still have these plugins that could email or wetransfer them to me?

I owned Inspector XL and Frequalizer (though this shows up on my iLok as "FIREQ" which I think was their later name for it. I'm mainly looking for the Frequalizer since I now use SIR Tools RTA which is better anyway for that part (though I did like the stereo viewer in Inspector XL).

Anyone have Frequalizer or "fireq" ???????

I have the Elemental Audio versions of the plugins. it was call Firium, the other EQ was Eqium.
I was pretty disappointed when they were bought out. I had invested in the plugins and now they are unusable. Never updated to 64 bit.

Elemental Audio working fine here in Bitwig on Win 10 64bit :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:32 pm Elemental Audio working fine here in Bitwig on Win 10 64bit :)
The brilliance of windows.. This is why I gave up Mac.. On windows I can use things that are 15 years old and they work. I do miss the RND plugins, I owned a couple of them but can't find the installers anywhere (and to be honest, I only ever had the Mac ones anyway).
It taught me a lesson.. I now download and backup all installers of my plugins on both platforms so that sort of thing can't happen again. I really must also say that I preferred the original plugins just the way they were. I don't think anything else like neodymium has ever been released. If anyone knows of anything please let me know, it would be much appreciated. Tks.
Windows 10 Pro|Intel 9960X @ 4.4 GHZ|128GB Corsair|16TB SSD|AMD 5700XT|Gigabyte Designare|Avid HDX x2|Antelope Orion 32HD x2|Pro Tools 2019.12

trmupstage wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:22 pm
I was pretty disappointed when they were bought out. I had invested in the plugins and now they are unusable. Never updated to 64 bit.
Apparently the developer passed (not Nichols).
Also purchased these (the whole set), they haven't worked in Cubase for years due to lack of updates.
Too bad, they were interesting plugins.
Now there are many more options available.

SteveWZ wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:39 pm
trmupstage wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:22 pm
Apparently the developer passed (not Nichols).
Also purchased these (the whole set), they haven't worked in Cubase for years due to lack of updates.
Too bad, they were interesting plugins.
Now there are many more options available.
Roger Nichols passed away in 2011.
Windows 10 Pro|Intel 9960X @ 4.4 GHZ|128GB Corsair|16TB SSD|AMD 5700XT|Gigabyte Designare|Avid HDX x2|Antelope Orion 32HD x2|Pro Tools 2019.12

They work here on Mojave in Cubase (and Logic and Studio One) with the help of 32Lives.

EA’s Neodymium was special and I don’t think there’s anything that’s like it.

macmuse wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:02 pm They work here on Mojave in Cubase (and Logic and Studio One) with the help of 32Lives.

EA’s Neodymium was special and I don’t think there’s anything that’s like it.
I'm looking at once called POWAIR by sound radix and it seems to be the best alternative to Neo thus far.. I can set compression for targeted signal levels. Granted, not 4 "bands" of it like Neo but it's a good plugin nonetheless and I am definitely going to buy it.

fmr wrote: Mon May 25, 2015 3:01 pm
Compyfox wrote: The code was "recovered" or rather "went back" to a German developer. His company is called "AXIS PLUGINS", and he's selling Inspector XL under the name "Inspektor (XL)" now. However, the system is now "Subscription based/ELicenser". Though if you buy one license, you get a bundle of all plugins by the company, but if you stop the subscription fees - your plugins stop working.

If that is absolutely no problem for you - go over to AXIS Plugins.
Yes, that's the guy I was talking about. He was the main developer, and when he broke with the CEO of the company, RND was no more...
As I see the thread has been necroed recently, that's not correct. The guy running axisplugins is Bastian Schnürle who appears to have done development/support etc during the period after ElementalAudio was taken over.

The original people behind ElementalAudio were Brandon Ware and his wife - afaict they are out of the plugin business.

Having paid twice for the plugins (the second time to use them under iLok) I was soured by the entire episode.

If somebody is interested, I still have a "Finis" license on my iLok for sale ?

Return to “Effects”