Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

woodsdenis wrote:http://play.macprovideo.com/cubase-8-10 ... toolbox/18

With all the hype about the arranger track its very basic compared to above , also the ability to have other regions inside regions is there. Also the Cubase way is non destructive until you flatten it. It would not be worth drawing attention to this were it not for the the prominent "wow how amazing is this" position they gave this at launch.
They certainly have put a lot a great work into the GUI and other things but this feature isn't really groundbreaking at all.
Can you use Cubase's Arranger Track to navigate the way you can with S1 V3?

Uncle E wrote:
Scottex wrote:i don't know if some of you noticed but S1 v3 will skip some seconds (with some vsti) when transforming Multi-later instrument into audio
How about when you bounce or mixdown?
Yes the problems is still there when bouncing stuff or exporting musicloop. I should try mixdown export and internal recording. The problem seems related to some vsti like Kontakt and EzKeys.
Last edited by Scottex on Mon May 25, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Uncle E wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:http://play.macprovideo.com/cubase-8-10 ... toolbox/18

With all the hype about the arranger track its very basic compared to above , also the ability to have other regions inside regions is there. Also the Cubase way is non destructive until you flatten it. It would not be worth drawing attention to this were it not for the the prominent "wow how amazing is this" position they gave this at launch.
They certainly have put a lot a great work into the GUI and other things but this feature isn't really groundbreaking at all.
Can you use Cubase's Arranger Track to navigate the way you can with S1 V3?
Not a Cubase guru but it does what the Sone does and a lot more. The video explains a lot better than I could.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Hmm... Running relatively smoothly, but I've found that Waves 'meta filter' crashes the system every time I try to load it up.

Strange as it worked no hassles in V2. I hope that there's not too many more.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Now, hit me with a rythm stick, throw with tomtoes, reward with facepalms,
doing my Sunday walkthrough on a stem setup, the playback of sounds on V3 is different to my ears.

If I should find some words, I would call it playback on a higher resolution,
I can hear a nano portion of more details on tracks and instruments compared to V2.

And yes, I am sober.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Scottex wrote:
Uncle E wrote:
Scottex wrote:i don't know if some of you noticed but S1 v3 will skip some seconds (with some vsti) when transforming Multi-later instrument into audio
How about when you bounce or mixdown?
Yes the problems is still there when bouncing stuff or exporting musicloop. I should try mixdown export and internal recording. The problem seems related to some vsti like Kontakt and EzKeys.
Tried it just the same, S1 skipps some intruments at the beginning part. I know this is a new feature, but for now is just bad. Crashed few times and freezed my computer while doing this, never had those kind of problems with V2. I love bezier curve, but there is no reason for me to use V3: Presence XT instruments sounds bad and you can't import sample (what's kind of sample), The GUI is worser than before, is cluttered while before was tight and clear. Now is harder to read text and names. New Macro thing but can't link different paramenter vsti (like portamento, cutoff) without using Multi-layer. I love Studio One 2.5 and i'll come back to V3 when updates and bug fixes will be released.

What's strangest to me about that is that it's skipping two full bars. Usually rendering bugs have to do with the first note, or the first few ms.
Also, do all of the midi note events in the clip start where the clip does, or do they start before?
For instance, if the chord started on beat 4 of measure 3, and you dragged the clip start to beat one, measure 4, Studio One does not change the note start to the clip start, and so will sometimes skip the note.
Then again, if that were the problem, it should still play most of the "right hand" notes above the chord (it might skip the first one, depending on its start time. but the rest should play).
Again, precisely two full bars missing just seems pretty suspicious to me. Maybe some weird precount/preroll bug, or something to do with some kontakt prerender setting (if there is such a thing) somewhere?
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

kelldammit wrote:What's strangest to me about that is that it's skipping two full bars. Usually rendering bugs have to do with the first note, or the first few ms.
Also, do all of the midi note events in the clip start where the clip does, or do they start before?
For instance, if the chord started on beat 4 of measure 3, and you dragged the clip start to beat one, measure 4, Studio One does not change the note start to the clip start, and so will sometimes skip the note.
Then again, if that were the problem, it should still play most of the "right hand" notes above the chord (it might skip the first one, depending on its start time. but the rest should play).
Again, precisely two full bars missing just seems pretty suspicious to me. Maybe some weird precount/preroll bug, or something to do with some kontakt prerender setting (if there is such a thing) somewhere?
Yes all the midi starts at the same time and yes it's skipping two full bars. Kontakt is ok, also because EzKeys is skipped too. It's clearly a bug. Plus the bug with the heavy plugins (Multi Layer instruments goes off sync). But again if you don't use this feature everything is ok.

Can you monitor all takes while recording multiple takes? so you hear each take while recording more? great for loop type recording.

I got it yesterday ! Man this DAW is so good ! Love the feature they added that when you select multiple channels and loading in a plugin it opens on every channel ! Really good addition !
Im a singer/songwriter from austra
For my latest video click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE8Io-q_PzI

I've been using the Arranger track for automation. Loop through a verse, automate multiple tracks, like it, cool. Later if I want to make some changes to that section I throw it to the ScratchPad and make changes knowing I can easily revert in a non-linear way by just dropping the old one right on top of the changed one.

It's not a game changing feature to me, but still quite useful. More useful than anything v2 had to do any of that stuff, and I had written a collection of Automation Takes macros in v2 to help with some of that. This works better for me.

I ignored the hype about it and just found some things to use it for that's useful to me... in that product. When I use Nuendo I would of course use the Play Order track. Different products, different tools.

With it being new to that product, it will be interesting to see what if anything they do with it going forward.

Is anyone else having an issue with Mai Tai cutting out when going through presets or duplicating the track. Audio just stops, until I restart s1... strange

I like the Arranger function. Sure Cubase has a more complicated Arranger track, but most of the time in the heat of composing you may lay down the chorus before the verse and just want to shuffle the sections around while composing which Studio One does perfectly allowing you to drag the whole section and the others move accordingly. In Cubase you have to lay out sections, then schedule them and then flatten whilst in Studio One you just drag at will and you're done. Am I missing something?
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

edit: I had to rewrite this reply three times because I got an error message and was oblivious to the fact that the message got posted nonetheless - I decided to keep all three versions of my post just for the fun of it
ULAS wrote:Is there any difference between Studio One's "arranger track" and Reaper's "regions" ?
No, both are pretty much useless because they are inplemented in the same braindead way - they are bare of any underlying logic and instead only work based on timeselection - that?s the biggest problem with musical applications. The programmers boast about how they are musicians themselves, yet lack even the most rudimentary understanding of what is needed...

Now it's 2015 and shit still doesn't work - they keep adding features like there is no tomorrow, yet there is not much of a sign of comprehensive intelligence in any of them. Obviously the developers do not really understand what they code.
Last edited by jens on Tue May 26, 2015 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

edit: I had to rewrite this reply three times because I got an error message and was oblivious to the fact that the message got posted nonetheless - I decided to keep all three versions of my post just for the fun of it
ULAS wrote:Is there any difference between Studio One's "arranger track" and Reaper's "regions" ?
No, both are pretty much useless because they are implemented in the same dumb way -
they work based on a mere time-selection without even a hint of intelligence behind it -

one has to wonder if any of those DAW-developers really understand much about those features they keep implementing - they all keep bragging about how they are musicinas themselves yet evidence paints a very different picture so for one am not really buying it.

Of course the proper way would be a heuristic approach (i.e. one that would require actual intelligence on the coding side) - I'm not carefully editing a fade out into the next song-section on multiple tracks in order to achieve a smooth transition only to have it then f**ked up by a dumb wannabe-feature like this...
Last edited by jens on Tue May 26, 2015 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”