FL Studio 12 Released!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Caine123 wrote:Scott with all respect im a user 6 or 7 years now and will spend more time with FL12 but only cause about 2% statistically from youtube or wherever dont like it or feel the new colour scheme (and it's a drastic change + all laid out for touchscreens which some might not use...) it is pretty arrogant to say you give a shit practically about them...... i would love to customize the layout/gui a bit to old school setting instead of BEING FORCED to like all choices you do......
First, please don't accuse me of arrogance and then fill a paragraph with, frankly rude, assertions about what I intended to say.

Second, the GUI has been carefully designed to take up about the same amount of space for non-touch applications. I don't know where you think it's been skewed for touch. Yes it can be rescaled to work with touch, and can have optional buttons/controls, but no-one forces you to use them. If I put FL Studio 11 and 12 side by side, they are almost identical in spacial extent.

The main changes to the GUI are related to the shift to a vectorial interface. This is independent of touch, although it allows us to accommodate it in ways not previously possible, but again it's optional.

Third, no-one is forcing you to use anything. FL Studio 11 still works. We make no apologies for redesigning the FL Studio UI to take us into a future where 4K+ monitors, touch (and probably virtual reality control) is going to be the norm. We had a 10 month beta-test process involving over 700,000 downloads of the beta. We engaged the user base in ducussion and aksed for feedback on the design.

Regards Scott.
Last edited by Image-Line on Mon May 25, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote:
Caine123 wrote:Scott with all respect im a user 6 or 7 years now and will spend more time with FL12 but only cause about 2% statistically from youtube or wherever dont like it or feel the new colour scheme (and it's a drastic change + all laid out for touchscreens which some might not use...) it is pretty arrogant to say you give a shit practically about them...... i would love to customize the layout/gui a bit to old school setting instead of BEING FORCED to like all choices you do......
First, please don't accuse me of arrogance and then fill a paragraph with, frankly rude, assertions about what I intended to say.

Second, the GUI has been carefully designed to take up about the same amount of space for non-touch applications. I don't know where you think it's been skewed for touch. Yes it can be rescaled to work with touch, and can have optional buttons/controls, but no-one forces you to use them. If I put FL Studio 11 and 12 side by side, they are almost identical in spacial extent.

The main changes to the GUI are related to the shift to a vectorial interface. This is independent of touch, although it allows us to accommodate it in ways not previously possible, but again it's optional.

Third, no-one is forcing you to use anything. FL Studio 11 still works. We make no apologies for redesigning the FL Studio UI to take us into a future where 4K+ monitors, touch (and probably virtual reality control) is going to be the norm.

Regards Scott.
i understand where you wanna go with FL Studio and playability but FL11 wont be supported anymore afaik?
am working at a first full project in fl12 to hopefully like it more and more. so far i found some tweaks i really like so no hope given up here. i was just kinda upset about the statistic you wrote here and it sounded to me rude to fl users who dont like fl12 maybe, pardon me if i misunderstood u. i dont want to argue cause hey im a fl user since my beginnings and i dont want anything new still.

Performancewise i used an old 32 bit project (updated) in FL12 and it worked well, in FL11 is sometimes crashed etc. hmmmmmmmmm 1:0 FL12 :P
Last edited by Caine123 on Mon May 25, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:i was just kinda upset about the statistic you wrote here and it sounded to me rude to fl users who dont like fl12 maybe
...and before you got upset, did you consider the context of my post?

Anyhow, look back to FL Studio 1. I am sure the change to FL Studio 3 upset people too.

But, change seems sort of necessary to keep an app alive and relevant, don't you think?

Regards Scott
Last edited by Image-Line on Mon May 25, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote:
Caine123 wrote:i was just kinda upset about the statistic you wrote here and it sounded to me rude to fl users who dont like fl12 maybe
...and before you got upset, did you consider the context of my post?

Anyhow, look back to FL Studio 1.

Changed seems sort of necessary to keep an app alive and relevant, don't you think?

Regards Scott
well from FL1 yes, is there a DL for it still? ;) but the patternlook was still a bit living through FL11 :P

imma make some questions on IL forums today for some tweaks i seem to have overlooked so far. i keep pressing F1 though :P but some options when you set up your fl11 time ago cannot be remembered.

Edit:
Performancewise i used an old 32 bit project (updated) in FL12 and it worked well, in FL11 is sometimes crashed etc. hmmmmmmmmm 1:0 FL12 :P
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I'd very much prefer it if the developers of FL Studio redesigned it back to Fruity Loops 1 UI. Since then the software has become bloated and all the extra functionality like automation or piano roll nobody uses anyway.

Image-Line wrote: Like most change, in the first hour it's frustrating, if you give it a few days you will probably see it differently.

Regards Scott
Hi Scott.

A kinda unrelated question:
Why don't you create separate installers for each version (32bit and 64bit)... the setup is getting huge, sometimes it's difficult to download on slow networks...
I think it would be better IMHO.

Cheers.

Tonberry wrote:I'd very much prefer it if the developers of FL Studio redesigned it back to Fruity Loops 1 UI. Since then the software has become bloated and all the extra functionality like automation or piano roll nobody uses anyway.

Regnas wrote: A kinda unrelated question:
Why don't you create separate installers for each version (32bit and 64bit)... the setup is getting huge, sometimes it's difficult to download on slow networks...
Cheers.
There's thread discussing the topic here. The Dual installer is not the cause as they share a lot of files.

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 0&t=140576

Regards Scott

Tonberry wrote:I'd very much prefer it if the developers of FL Studio redesigned it back to Fruity Loops 1 UI. Since then the software has become bloated and all the extra functionality like automation or piano roll nobody uses anyway.
:?: :o
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Uninstall the software you are no longer interested. Reinstall when you feel like to use. Is it really hard for people nowadays? :hihi:

tooneba wrote:Uninstall the software you are no longer interested. Is it really hard for people nowadays? :hihi:
:lol:
....but...but...but....then what would they complain about? :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

u forget something NEW = has to be better :P

trimph1 wrote:....but...but...but....then what would they complain about? :hihi:
It's like a universal law - the more spoilt people are with riches, the more bitchy they become, demanding and expecting more. While it looks whiney as @#$^, it's imprinted in our DNA for a reason, this creates a demand which developers fill so we can become more spoilt and find more reasons to complain, like why the hell is there no option to turn the software upside down for people with peculiar workflows? Which is discriminatory and offensive, come to think of it.

It had a different name at version 1, didn't it? I think I have the first version. The telephone buttons look familiar.

Image-Line wrote:
Regnas wrote: A kinda unrelated question:
Cheers.
There's thread discussing the topic here. The Dual installer is not the cause as they share a lot of files.

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 0&t=140576

Regards Scott
Well, life is hard.

I hope in the future you can change your minds and create a separate installer for the data and for the plugins...

Anyway, thanks for answering.
Cheers....

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”