Roger Nichols Plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still available? If it's not,how can i use?

I'm still using Inspector free. 32-bit only but so useful!
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Karten wrote:I'm still using Inspector free. 32-bit only but so useful!
Yes,i'm using,too.It's little helper!But i wonder other ones.Website not working.I checked and didn't find anyway to buy.So...Are they free,now?Or what?How we can use other plugins?

No they are not free.
Roger Nichols passed away a few years ago and his company (RND) was bought over by another (while he was still alive, I think) but all plugins were eventually discontinued.
I think you can buy them second-hand (they are iLok protected) but no longer new.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Karten wrote:No they are not free.
Roger Nichols passed away a few years ago and his company (RND) was bought over by another (while he was still alive, I think) but all plugins were eventually discontinued.
I think you can buy them second-hand (they are iLok protected) but no longer new.
Thanks for info.I know he passed away...

Hmm...I guess second hand is hard to find,right?BTW is there 64Bit?

I still have a Finis license (iLok).
If someone is interested to buy, let me know?
M.

Ive got the the pre RN Elemental Audio plugs, serial number :tu:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Ive got the the pre RN Elemental Audio plugs, serial number :tu:
Those weren't iLok'd? Its so long now, I don't even remember!

The installers for the last iLok'd versions are little weird in that it's better to install them as 32-bit OR 64-bit plugins. Trying to install both is messy as the installers don't like to install both as they complain the other is already installed. I installed the 32-bit versions for legacy purposes and they work jbridged in 64-bit, but I don't use them for new projects because everything they do can be done with more recent supported plugins.

B.A.Tech. wrote:Still available? If it's not,how can i use?
I own the entire collection, great and innovative plugins.

Unfortunately, they have not been updated for years due to the company closing.

They completely crash Cubase, so currently I am not using them.

These days, there have been many excellent plugins released so there really are many things that can replace them.

Roger Nichols was a tremendous recording engineer whose recordings still sounds fantastic today.

Hi, couple of months late here, but found this page during a google search.

I have only just started migrating from my G5 to my Mac Pro and the two plug that i have come so attached to are by RND, Inspector XL and Splizer.

I have '32 Lives' as a bridge for logic X and have OS X 10.10. iv tried fiddling with the component file, but don't seem to have any luck (i am useless with Tech tho).

Is there anyone who can get these plugs to work with thee newer systems? I am so stuck with out these plugs!!!

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

cheers

can anyone help?

There's an off chance that there were separate installers for the PowerPC version and Intel version. Or you have an old installer which only does PowerPC. If you'd install a plugin that only works on PowerPC, there's no way it will run on current Macs, even with 32Lives.
Not sure if this is the issue, but your migration from PowerPC to Intel could indicate this.

The plug-ins were already Universal Binary for a long time (which means the installer will work no matter if the Mac was Power PC or Intel based). But they are basically not compatible with modern versions of Mac OS X. They may work in some hosts, but are very unstable, and they simply crash others.

BTW - Roger Nichols was giving his name only, and some user insight, but was never involved in the development process. Things got nastt after a couple of yearts, the main developer and the CEO of the company broke apart, and that's why the plug-ins basically disappeared from the scene, even before Roger Nichols passed away (he even broke apart with the company himself). Anyway, the plug-ins started as Elemental Audio, and that's when they were really interesting, and very good priced. When the other guy joined with Roger Nichol to from RND they went Pace, and the price doubled. However, very little was added since.

The developer has a new site where he is developing some plug-ins that are more or less in the same vein.
Fernando (FMR)

Cupid Stunt wrote:can anyone help?
I can at least shed some light on the "history" of these plugins.

First - they were "Elemental Audio", which were not really copy protected (serial at most).

Then they got bought up by "Roger Nichols Digital", and turned into C/R - existing Elemental Audio users had to pay again in order to keep on running their software. A couple of years later, Roger Nichols passed away, and his company got disbanded. Various reasons as to why can be still found on the web (actually, read above).

The code was "recovered" or rather "went back" to a German developer. His company is called "AXIS PLUGINS", and he's selling Inspector XL under the name "Inspektor (XL)" now. However, the system is now "Subscription based/ELicenser". Though if you buy one license, you get a bundle of all plugins by the company, but if you stop the subscription fees - your plugins stop working.

If that is absolutely no problem for you - go over to AXIS Plugins.

I won't go into further detail what I think about this, or my personal experience with the company (FR's, Support as former user, etc).

If this plugin route is a problem for you, take a look at the competition. A combination of "Melda Production MAnalyzer" (comes with FFT, 1/3rd octave FFT and if you upgrade to "Pro", then also Spectrogram), "HOFA 4U Goniometer" and "ToneBoosters EBU Loudness" get's you just as far - and doesn't cost you an arm an a leg.

Else... all-in one solutions like DMG Audio Dualism (highly recommended and great support!) or NugenAudio Visualizer (small GUI, a bit outdated these days) if you're after a suite and are on a budget.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Hi,
First - they were "Elemental Audio", which were not really copy protected (serial at most).
Then they got bought up by "Roger Nichols Digital", and turned into C/R - existing Elemental Audio users had to pay again in order to keep on running their software.
I don't recall having to pay for the ilok copy from the EA copy....I remember having 'both'.
rsp

EDIT: I stand corrected.
Just found the invoice... yep I had to pay $20 additional to get the ilok versions.

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”