Entire Emulator II "Universe of Sounds" library coming soon for Kontakt

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please release it for Halion 5 too.

Yeah, good luck with that. With Kontakt being the most widespread sampler format out there, IMHO it doesn't make a lot of sense to release for anything other than perhaps MF3, since it's the only one that can have fully scripted GUIs etc.

@the professor : this last evildragon post made me think : why did you go the kontakt route ? Although it's the most widely used rompler it's also the only one that do not have a decent copy protection. For a library that do not seem to have hardly scripted patches, wasn't uvi better, with their unhacked ilok protection & their better licencing prices ?

Phwaaaaooooooorrrrrrrr!!!!

That is all.

What will the main difference be between this EMU II project and UVI's Emulation II + Drumulation??

budweiser wrote:@the professor : this last evildragon post made me think : why did you go the kontakt route ? Although it's the most widely used rompler it's also the only one that do not have a decent copy protection. For a library that do not seem to have hardly scripted patches, wasn't uvi better, with their unhacked ilok protection & their better licencing prices ?
I agree the copy protection is a pain. It's in place for their Player, of course, and we're looking pretty seriously at releasing this as a Player instrument; but it's a shame copy protection doesn't extent properly to Kontakt. But then again, for our small-to-tiny instruments, Kontakt doesn't require any licensing price at all; which makes it viable to release tiny niche instruments on a platform that has excellent scripting capabilities (which we like using). So that's why we're Kontakt fans despite some of the downsides :)

bjarke wrote:What will the main difference be between this EMU II project and UVI's Emulation II + Drumulation??
Speaking as objectively as I can about a competitor's product ( :lol: ) I think there are two main differences:

1) One library recreates the entire OMI Universe of Sounds library, with the full consent and collaboration of its author and copyright holder – in other words, the provenance and authenticity of the sounds is proven. The other library has descriptive names for its patches that hint at their provenance but doesn't actually come out and say it; it remains whimsically vague on where, exactly, its samples come from. Are they original (and if so, licensed from whom?) or are they recreations (and if so, where's the authenticity?) :wink:

2) One library costs $199 for about 5Gb of sounds, while the other costs $149 for about 20Gb of sounds (covering significantly more instruments along the way) 8)

We'll leave you to work out which is which in each case :D On a personal note, though – and this may be entirely a personal preference thing, so YMMV – I felt that one library slightly swamped its sounds in effects, which made their character feel a bit mushy. We've been determined from the start to avoid that, so although there are effects and treatments available if you want them, one hit of the Vintage button removes all the Kontakt shenanigans from the signal path and gives you the original sound of the EII. We think that's worth having :)

the professor wrote: We've been determined from the start to avoid that, so although there are effects and treatments available if you want them, one hit of the Vintage button removes all the Kontakt shenanigans from the signal path and gives you the original sound of the EII. We think that's worth having :)
Hallelujah !

synaesthesia wrote:Phwaaaaooooooorrrrrrrr!!!!

That is all.
We hear you. (And in our heads, oddly, you sound like Patrick Stewart.)

Oh, will this be for Kontakt only? :-(

Yup!

sfd wrote:Oh, will this be for Kontakt only? :-(
Not necessarily. We're looking very seriously at releasing it for Kontakt Player, which would allow everyone to get in on the fun, whether they have Kontakt or not.

The two options we're looking at are:

1) Releasing for Player right off the bat; or
2) Releasing for Kontakt initially and then releasing for Player further down the road.

If we go for option (2) we'd be considering offering a free upgrade to Kontakt purchasers so they can have the Player version if they want it – that way, there's no downside to being an early adopter. The two versions would be priced the same (because we already announced the price and we don't want to go back on that). We're talking to NI now about licensing costs etc, and we'll keep you posted :)

the professor wrote:
sfd wrote:Oh, will this be for Kontakt only? :-(
Not necessarily. We're looking very seriously at releasing it for Kontakt Player, which would allow everyone to get in on the fun, whether they have Kontakt or not.

The two options we're looking at are:

1) Releasing for Player right off the bat; or
2) Releasing for Kontakt initially and then releasing for Player further down the road.

If we go for option (2) we'd be considering offering a free upgrade to Kontakt purchasers so they can have the Player version if they want it – that way, there's no downside to being an early adopter. The two versions would be priced the same (because we already announced the price and we don't want to go back on that). We're talking to NI now about licensing costs etc, and we'll keep you posted :)
That sounds fair.
Exept for XP users. Since The latest version of the _Kontakt Player can not be installed on XP. The previous one works fine with XP but I guess your instrument will not work on any other version of Kontakt / Kontakt Player then the latest one - or?

Yes, latest versions of Kontakt Player won't work on XP.

Time to move on, though. XP is almost 15 years old now. Kontakt 4 will work on it, though, but NI won't encode in Kontakt 4 format anymore. So you'd either have to own the full version of Kontakt 4 to run this amazing E-MU lib, or you'll have to go to W7 and use the Kontakt Player version, if you don't want to buy the full version of Kontakt. Either way, you have to purchase something - IF you want to use this library (and unless you don't own full Kontakt already)...

Well, bad luck for me. I'm happy with my XP tha tI use for my music only. If there was a lot of software tha tI wanted that required Win7 I might considering upgrading. But at the moment this is not the case.

So, I've to do without. Unles you'll release it in WAV format some day in the future. We'll see...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”