Looking for a VST synth with fat bass

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

arkmabat wrote:I've noticed that good bass, especially phat bass, is a result of a something like a normal sine wave type bass combined with a nice midrange patch.
Yes, that is also the classic sub-oscillator configuration...

sounds very good, but i stick it in the leads and pads catagory for its strength, like synth1
except with much higher CPU demand.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Tomag wrote:what is "op" ?
Original poster

U-he ACE is real great for bass.

Sawer generates some un-digitally sounding bass without hassle. It's not that complicated deep synth.

MiniMonsta 8)

For really fat bass sounds best plugins taht i own myself seem to be e.g. U-He diva, NI Monark and TAL Bassline-101. Wayoutware TimewARP 2600 could be graet too.
Besides that i also got a real analog Waldorf Pulse 2.

Anway i als ogot good results from other synths with using external effects like e.g. the fre Klanghelm IVGI saturation and additionally an EQ like e.g. PSP NobleQ to boost the low end.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Poly-Ana, Minimonsta, poly-six, Ultra-Analog
A well-behaved signature.

Pretty much any synth is capable of fat bass if your mixing skills are very good. Case in point - I mix a lot of top 40 style pop - some of which has very heavy and fat sounding bass. I haven't got a clue what synths my clients use but I always get the low end how they want it. Study technique rather than focusing on a specific synth and you will get to where you want to be far quicker.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

The synth filter helps alot....

Well the video says its nexus.

Sylenth can do it too is right.

Its a matter of how good you are with sylenths or buying the right expansion pack.

The packs are mentioned in the video too. Someything like volume 2 bass.

Yiu have 3 sic synths.

I have rapture. Sometimes some of the oscilators are wrak in certain areas. Like badsy or midsy highs.

Zeta 2 is a workhorse. Sounds cool. Its adfitive though surprisingly.

Sylenth1 is my trance synth atm.

Synthmaster has many strong bass oriented oscilatots. Dont gat the small player. Player.

Play her at will. Playa.
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

VB-1 :hihi:

do_androids_dream wrote:Pretty much any synth is capable of fat bass if your mixing skills are very good. Case in point - I mix a lot of top 40 style pop - some of which has very heavy and fat sounding bass. I haven't got a clue what synths my clients use but I always get the low end how they want it. Study technique rather than focusing on a specific synth and you will get to where you want to be far quicker.
Yep, the question itself has a typical newbie flavour but of course there's nothing bad about "wrong" questions as long as you get the right answer to improve your skills.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:Pretty much any synth is capable of fat bass if your mixing skills are very good. Case in point - I mix a lot of top 40 style pop - some of which has very heavy and fat sounding bass. I haven't got a clue what synths my clients use but I always get the low end how they want it. Study technique rather than focusing on a specific synth and you will get to where you want to be far quicker.
Yep, the question itself has a typical newbie flavour but of course there's nothing bad about "wrong" questions as long as you get the right answer to improve your skills.
Of course it is possibe to get fat basses from most synths by using external effects or other techniques but there are some synths that deliver such sounds easily without such "tricks". I mentioned a few in my lats post here.

Another option besides e.g. using external EQs are synths that alraedy include a nice EQ at the synth engine.

Since there are more and more new ones available recently and also getting cheaper an option is always to use a real analog synth for basses.
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon May 25, 2015 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Of course it is possibe to get fat basses from most synths by using external effects or other techniques but there are some synths that deliver such sounds easily without such "tricks". I mentioned a few in my lats post here.
Well, I disagree that it's 'tricks'. No synth in the world is going to give you low end like in the youtube demo in the op without a lot of production techniques employed.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Return to “Instruments”