Waves Codex...Not So Bad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Codex Wavetable Synth

Apostate wrote:
Robmobius wrote:I like it... I think it sounds pretty good and is very easy to use. Bought it for $99 when it was on sale.

Serum is better imo. Codex is definitely worth the intro price. But If the new price is $200 then I'd stay clear.
Currently 200, which I believe is more expensive than Serum (BWA!).

Uhhh...no thanks.
200! Yeah, that sucks... I'd say you'd get it for less then half that in the KVR market place. :wink:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:
Apostate wrote:
Robmobius wrote:I like it... I think it sounds pretty good and is very easy to use. Bought it for $99 when it was on sale.

Serum is better imo. Codex is definitely worth the intro price. But If the new price is $200 then I'd stay clear.
Currently 200, which I believe is more expensive than Serum (BWA!).

Uhhh...no thanks.
200! Yeah, that sucks... I'd say you'd get it for less then half that in the KVR market place. :wink:
And I'm becoming convinced that around $60 US is a good price...I hesitate to pay as much for it as I did Helix, I mean for me Helix is Helix...better overall.

But let me spend some more time with Codex (which I'm doing all morning, apparently). I might change my mind. The presets are actually pretty darn good, I've found, and I've already picked up the programming (not very difficult at all, though of course unquestionably limited in certain respects).
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote: Ingonator has Codex up for sale, I might have to take him up on it...for a slightly lower price. I think it's worth having, but then I am a WT synth fanatic.
I indeed got it for sale at the market place for 65 € (= around 72 $) at the moment. The official price is 200 $ (= 182 € at the current exchange rate). I admit i got it for less than the 99 $ introduction price (around 90 € at the moment) but my offer is still good IMO.
For calculation for the market place usually not the lowest price that was ever available should count but the current price and base on that my offer is a bargain...
Anyway even if i got Codex for a very good price myself i still loose money with my current offer compared to what i paid.

I also wanted to sell Waves Element but the WUP is expired which is needed to sell the plugin. For purchasing 1 year additional WUP (= Waves Update Plan that is needed for selling) i would have to pay 40 $ (around 36 €).
If i would forward the very low price i paid myself to the new owner (the current price is 200 $ as for Codex) and include my own necessary payment for the updated WUP i would actually give Element away for free so i decided to keep it...

Same about Synth Squad which i sell with one soundset. With the fee of 39 € i earn close to nothing with my current offer for it (85 € including the soundset). Actually what i get after paying the fee is not much more than the official price for the included soundset which is 35 € at the moment...

The point is that i usually offer very fair prices when selling plugins but at some point there is also a limit for me where i have to stop reducing the prices.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun May 24, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Apostate wrote: Ingonator has Codex up for sale, I might have to take him up on it...for a slightly lower price. I think it's worth having, but then I am a WT synth fanatic.
I indeed got it for sale at the market place for 65 € (= around 72 $) at the moment. The official price is 200 $ (= 182 € at the current exchange rate). I admit i got it for less than the 99 $ introduction price (around 90 € at the moment) but my offer is still good IMO.
For calculation for the market place usually not the lowest price that was ever available should count but the current price and base on that my offer is a bargain...
Anyway even if i got Codex for a very good price myself i still loose money with my current offer compared to what i paid.

I also wanted to sell Waves Element but the WUP is expired which is needed to sell the plugin. For purchasing 1 year additional WUP (that is needed for selling) i would have to pay 40 $ (around 36 €).
If i would forward the very low price i paid myself to the new owner (the current price is 200 $ as for Codex) and include my own necessary payment for the updated WUP i would actually give Element away for free so i decided to keep it...

Same about Synth Squad which i sell with one soundset. With the fee of 39 € i earn close to nothing with my current offer for it (85 € including the soundset). Actually what i get after paying the fee is not much more than the official price for the included soundset which is 35 € at the moment...
The price you're charging for Synth Squad is flat out unbelievably low; I'm amazed no one has bought that from you. If it weren't for the fact that SS just continued to crash my computer after days of trying I'd seriously consider buying it. Let's see how things go over the next week, I doubt Codex will still be unsold by then, but my financial fortunes will change for the good soon, so I'll probably end up buying it here this Summer anyway.

I spent too much already on synths in the past couple of months. Good thing I'm in a financial place where I have all the time in the world to learn how to use them ;)
Ha ha suck it!

FWIW i am not selling Codex because it is bad but because i alraedy got lots of other wavetables synths which also includes the Waldorf Nave plugins (and all other Waldorf plugins). Overall i want to focus on a smaller amount of plugins in the future.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I think Codex is really cool. I, like Ingo, felt like I had my wavetable bases covered, but I still bought it because Waves plugins are great and Codex is no exception. No regrets whatsoever buying it. Sounds really great!

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Who plays synth in the morning? You should try again at night.

Astralv wrote:Who plays synth in the morning? You should try again at night.
Who plays synth in the morning? I do. Morning, noon, and night. Whenever I choose.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
Who plays synth in the morning? I do. Morning, noon, and night. Whenever I choose.
I'm up at 6, start at about 6:30 and usually don't stop until 10:30 at night.

Yeah, I need a support group.

wagtunes wrote:
Apostate wrote:

It's one synth at a time...
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Apostate wrote:

It's one synth at a time...
But I don't know of any Quantizer with 12 steps :P
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Bought and sold it for $55.

Fleer wrote:Bought and sold it for $55.
Wow! That was a steal...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:
Wow! That was a steal...
Yeah I would have jumped all over that, especially after having gotten into it over the past couple of days. I really like the oscs on Codex.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
Robmobius wrote:
Wow! That was a steal...
Yeah I would have jumped all over that, especially after having gotten into it over the past couple of days. I really like the oscs on Codex.
Yeah man... I think it sounds really good and really easy to program too. I think it got a lot of flak because everyone compared it to Serum, but after that dies down, there was a lot of praise creeping through KVR. :)

Return to “Instruments”