Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh, yes. Demo users can't log into The Exchange afaik.

xbitz wrote:S1 can see the parameters through ReWire too (hoooly cow) which can be automated instantly with drag and drop :wheee: and :clap: again

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Holy shit indeed, that rules!

EnGee wrote:
donato wrote:
RockinMillie wrote:
donato wrote:Ordered and immediately received from JRR my upgrade from Prod. 2 to Prof. 3. I can't register the dang thing though. Keep getting the invalid username/password message. No idea what I'm doing wrong. I read the help, opened a ticket, tried typing it in manually instead of copy and pasting...It shows up in my account, but when activating...no dice. :scared:

EDIT: ok. So, it's registered, but I can't activate it. Support already replied and said it's registered and now I just have to activate it...but THAT'S the problem. Is it that I need to wait for an activation code from JRRShop? I mean, they already sent me a registration key...
Try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxTCfaZVQaE
Thanks, but I'm on a Mac.
I tired it in Windows 8.1 and delete my credential, but it is the same! I can start S1V3 but can't login in any online service like Exchange or SoundCloud ..etc, while in S1V2 I have no problem. Anyway, I noticed a mess! In my account I have another Registeration number for S1V3 demo! Anyway, I don't care a lot now because it is just a demo.
Engee and donato, have you both looked at this ?
http://support.presonus.com/entries/688 ... ail-Error-
Why won't you delete this account as I have requested Ben ?

beatmangler443 wrote: Yeah it's ahead if you looking for features. For music producers looking at DAW to make music why pick DP and Cubase over studio one? I don't know pro tools expert said this is the best daw for music production. You ever notice real working music producers find studio one easy to use. Might wanna watch the live stream on their site to hear why so many people use it? My perspective is for music producers, not film work/ tedious engineering etc.
S1 is pretty good, and stable, and on mac/pc - so a good candidate to replace ProTools for many. Also saw comments on Avid DUC forum that some did.

Did you use external midi gear?
To me that's where it turns me off - they really overcomplicated midi config stuff, in my view.

Unless [echo] button is on - midi track does not record any midi controllers whatsoever - just midi notes. So made a fake VST instrument target, with volume turned down.
With VST instruments you always have this on, but they missed out on external gear when designing this.

And there are numerous things you have to tell about target midi port - everything is off by default. So easiest workaround is to do as above.

And the decision to cut out VST support for anything but top Pro version, really makes me wonder where Presonus are going.
The same path that Avid now do, trying to force their userbase to many things?

What was announced as new and epic - was already around - apart from the actuall content shipped, it might be good value to many. The parallell fx chain, or whatever it was called, and multi instrument thingy - all covered in Metaplugin and with more flexibility(with crossover filter and all) - apart from S1 browser which is convenient to some degree.

And we mentioned Arranger stuff already.

Still no track templates in S1v3 - one of the most timesaving features I know about, reusing different setups in a swift manner in new projects. They got this weird, in my view, MusicLoops(or similar) where you must have audio on it that does not really work for this keeping naming on multi out instruments.

And notation fully integrated - not there either. I expected Notion at least, not to rewire audio from Notion into S1, but actually get notation done in an easy way.

But as Presonus said, they cannot target every group of users every update - and that seems reasonable.

But they have some mileage before matching competition as I see it.
S1v3 is not flooring anything - and some oddities regarding upgrade path - to stay up to date is too expensive if it's not your main daw. Cubase Elements upgrade 7->8 was €20, that you can do just to stay current.

But workflow in S1 is way ahead Cubase at least. But total for me, Sonar is better choice - no midi quirks using external gear and all stable for me - but only windows is a downside for many I guess.

And Presonus use marketing argument - no subscriptions - but that is the very thing that makes me feel Cakewalk means business - end of next week we get the monthly update, now 4th this year. For me even Sonar Artist is sufficient - and what is $49 annually to stay current and these monthly fixes(and about 25-50 improvements/fixes every time). And entry level Sonar Artist is not cut down that severely like Presonus or Steinberg do - and nobody but Presonus did the VST cutout thingy, really weird.

RockinMillie wrote:
EnGee wrote:
donato wrote:
RockinMillie wrote:
donato wrote:Ordered and immediately received from JRR my upgrade from Prod. 2 to Prof. 3. I can't register the dang thing though. Keep getting the invalid username/password message. No idea what I'm doing wrong. I read the help, opened a ticket, tried typing it in manually instead of copy and pasting...It shows up in my account, but when activating...no dice. :scared:

EDIT: ok. So, it's registered, but I can't activate it. Support already replied and said it's registered and now I just have to activate it...but THAT'S the problem. Is it that I need to wait for an activation code from JRRShop? I mean, they already sent me a registration key...
Try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxTCfaZVQaE
Thanks, but I'm on a Mac.
I tired it in Windows 8.1 and delete my credential, but it is the same! I can start S1V3 but can't login in any online service like Exchange or SoundCloud ..etc, while in S1V2 I have no problem. Anyway, I noticed a mess! In my account I have another Registeration number for S1V3 demo! Anyway, I don't care a lot now because it is just a demo.
Engee and donato, have you both looked at this ?
http://support.presonus.com/entries/688 ... ail-Error-
Thank you! That did it for me :) I can now log in Exchange, Shop (this is new!) and SoundCloud :tu:

But Exchange has only "Extensions" which only has 4 packages, three of them are language packages. Where are the other pitchnames, presets, macros ...etc? Do you see them in Version 3? (I just see them in Version 2).

Been trying out the demo for a few days. To be honest, don't find S1's workflow any faster than Cubase or Logic for music production. Certainly isn't replacing Pro Tools for what people use PT for (mixing and post). Given all the options out there today, you have to really deliver something clearly better than the competition - don't think S1 has hit the mark there. Same thoughts as with S1 2.5 - close, but no cigar (if anything, I would say S1 is further away now than 2.5 was since Cubase and Logic have introduced substantial updates since then).

But, if it works for you, party on!

5Lives wrote:But, if it works for you, party on!
Thank you, patronizing stranger.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

standalone wrote:
You're welcome Sensitive Sally.

5Lives wrote:
standalone wrote:
You're welcome Sensitive Sally.
Don't forget to try Dub Turbo, it's amazing for experienced producers like you.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

lfm wrote:Still no track templates in S1v3 - one of the most timesaving features I know about, reusing different setups in a swift manner in new projects. They got this weird, in my view, MusicLoops(or similar) where you must have audio on it that does not really work for this keeping naming on multi out instruments.
They added the ability to create proper instrument track templates for multiout instruments in v3 (they just didn't include it in any marketing materials for some reason).

To do this (first time):

1. Load your multi-out VST (I did this with BFD3 yesterday)
2. Set up your outputs, effects, pans, volume, channel names, etc.
3. In the plugin UI select the new option called "Store Instrument+FX Preset"
4. Name your preset and save

The next time you need that instrument template, the new preset appears as a normal preset in the browser for that instrument. So all you have to do is:

1. Click and drag your preset from the browser into the arrange window

All outputs, effects, levels, pans, etc. are now loaded. So for instruments, it works great and does everything anyone would need. Pretty brilliant implementation IMO. Now, I'm not sure why they didn't do a better job communicating this new feature and a few more I've come across, but hey, it's there now.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: They added the ability to create proper instrument track templates for multiout instruments in v3 (they just didn't include it in any marketing materials for some reason).
Good info, thanks.
Yes, it's a biggy for me too, very handy, if using 7 stereo outs and then busses on that inside a track folder etc. It takes nearly 10-15 minutes to do every time with naming and all.

General track templates are even more useful though. You can include busses and setup for many things like multimike setups etc. I got this already in Sonar Artist. don't know if S1 improved copy between projects - that might do the same thing.

I would have stayed up to date on S1, if decent upgrade scenario. Now not to loose any functionality I had to spend €240 or so - a bit too much to have as a fire exit if bumping into showstopper problems. And it's basically new sounds you pay for.

Daw with best native and quickest setup from scratch of multi out VST instruments, layered and various combinations with arpeggiators etc - is probably Mixcraft. Really good - every instrument even if only one stereo out, gets it's own stereo out in a folder - and a chain preset cover that for next time you need it. It's like Presonus look quite a bit on that doing v3 with the multi instrument stuff.

standalone wrote:
"Volle Kanne, Hoschi!" :hihi:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I've been trying the demo these last few days and it's been fun. I really enjoy v3 more than v2, feels much more intuitive.

I pick DAW based on the mood i get when i use it, and so far it's been great. Now i need to sell some stuff first before upgrading.
musisikamar.com

Hey, it's a DAW. It works... Really, some people act like we would stop using A or B based on their review. I need more time to make music, not more software to make music with. :roll:

I absolutely adore this DAW; and I honestly couldn't be more excited by the possibilities of this new release. 8) That said, there are sizable CPU issues that I am desperate to get sorted out . Over the last two days, I have done a number of things — too many to mention here — including the "audio power" suggestion on the PreSonus forum. I have disabled several services in Windows 7, tweaked the bios, and monitored the CPU meter while doing several different tasks. This is a tough, if not impossible, nut to crack! :? I would isolate it to an issue with my audio interface — in this case, an RME FireFace 800 — or something to do with Windows 7, my motherboard, etc. However, these issue show up on significantly different systems, including Mac, as well :shrug:

I have a ridiculous amount of love for this DAW. That is why I am willing to stick it out and sort through these issues; however, for any other software I would probably give up. Anyone who has ideas about how to make S1 v3 more stable, I am very grateful for any contribution you can make. Here are my specs:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H 1155 MB
16 GB Kingston HyperX RAM
Intel i7 3770k 3.4Ghz
RME FireFace 800 into Texas instruments PCI FireWire card
Windows 7 SP1 with all updates to-date
Black Viper "Safe" tweaks to Windows services
Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard
Cisco wireless Internet via USB

Many thanks for any constructive input/advice!
Rich

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”