NI just layered fancy presets?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

layzer wrote:PSSST....i'll let you in on a little secret. its not how much you pay for your synths
that make your music sound good, its the effects you run them through and your
mixing and mastering tools and ability to use them.

i did this as kind of a joke that you dont need 500 dollar vsts
to sound like you used 500 dollar vsts..... its done with all
freeware and older 32bit synths and all freeware effects and mastering tools.

https://soundcloud.com/layzerkvr/layzer-jam

yeah, theres no way i'm ever going to sound like this dude that used DIVA on his track
using freeware synths. not a chance.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=437931
Otoh according to your list you used Korg Legacy, Albino 3 and RMIV ( All commercial synths ) and only 2 freeware synths to make this track. Iirc the cumulated price of these plugs, as bought new in the old days, would approx be more than half of a plug in like Omnisphere, bought today.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
layzer wrote:PSSST....i'll let you in on a little secret. its not how much you pay for your synths

yeah, theres no way i'm ever going to sound like this dude that used DIVA on his track
Otoh according to your list you used Korg Legacy, Albino 3 and RMIV ( All commercial synths ) and only 2 freeware synths to make this track. Iirc the cumulated price of these plugs, as bought new in the old days, would approx be more than half of a plug in like Omnisphere, bought today.
Korg M1 = $50 new / used say $30
Albino 3 = $150 new? or $70 used ??
RM IV = $150 new or $50 used
----------------------------------------
Minimum $150 if purchased from the market place. Very good indeed but still not free ;)

xoxos wrote:of course, most readers will miss that "ni" is a rudimentary masonic semantic,
You are wrong, we are all perfectly aware of the fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIV4poUZAQo

-> shrubbery
Last edited by standalone on Wed May 20, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Hello Edward.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

@OP
What do you think of Image Line's presets?
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

EnGee wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

Korg M1 = $50 new / used say $30
Albino 3 = $150 new? or $70 used ??
RM IV = $150 new or $50 used
----------------------------------------
Minimum $150 if purchased from the market place. Very good indeed but still not free ;)
never said the song was made with all freeware synths, but freeware synths and freeware effects and mastering tools. AND older 32bit plugs that are not freeware. didn't mean to imply ALL freeware. :ud:
i dont think i would buy omni even for the $150... i've never bought into the huge sample library route for
making music. many have. this includes kontact and Alchemy. i grabbed dim pro on sale at $20. it has a 500mb install size. i never used it. so i uninstalled it.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

"it's just two layered sounds they say"

where's the respect? you bastards don't understand the work that goes into that.

first you need two sounds. two! not one. no one's talking about layering one sound, so where the hell do you think you're just going to "get" two sounds? assimilate that!

i cannot begin to overstate the importance of this first step. if you mess that up, you're screwed! it's all the way back to the start for you!

and after all of that, you can't just put them together, oh no. you need to have the right amount of the one sound *******and******* the right amount of the other sound. you think little dick newbies have got that kind of ability? hahahhaa gtfo.

look. buy the product, and shut up. you can't do better, or they would be paying you to do it, and obviously they're not, are they? i tell you all day long, i'm here, and i see an endless line of crud face tossers who think they can do it, and i'm telling you, none of you... you don't have what it takes.

that will be nineteen ninety five thank you.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I think software designers can't win.

If they include simple, useful presets, then customers complain that the synth is "dull" and "thin."

But if they include complex, evolving, one-finger-only presets, swimming in effects to show what the synth is capable of... then customers complain that the sounds aren't useful because they are too hard to fit into any of their songs.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

rod_zero wrote:For every NI product there is a better alternative from another developer.

That is a weird statement. For some NI will be the best, for others they won't. I think you forgot to add "for me" on the end of your statement.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

BBFG# wrote:
EnGee wrote::hihi: The biggest spam I have seen in KVR!
Looking at the join dates, I wonder if the accounts were hacked?
I just got notice from another forum I'm on, telling me there were multiple failed attempts in trying to log on there (I hadn't signed on there for a few months). IP address was from China though.

I'll take that back, checking both shows they signed up one day apart.
Or maybe it's the revenge of Edward :lol:

Who exactly is Edward, is it some kind of 'in' joke ?
Duh

Ben H wrote:I think software designers can't win.

If they include simple, useful presets, then customers complain that the synth is "dull" and "thin."

But if they include complex, evolving, one-finger-only presets, swimming in effects to show what the synth is capable of... then customers complain that the sounds aren't useful because they are too hard to fit into any of their songs.
What is the FUNCTION of a preset? You'll get different answers from different people. I think the problem lies with customers who rely on presets to do the 'idea' part of their music making - and then it becomes about taste just as your listening preferences are about taste. This kind of user is not really looking at a synth as a tool but more as an ideas machine - so if the presets don't fit their own tastes they're not happy - and they're not prepared to put the work in to use it as a 'tool'. For this kind of user there probably isn't ever going to be a solid solution (so why don't they just use romplers/workstation type instuments?).
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

OMG this thread is so DUMB!

bungle wrote:Who exactly is Edward, is it some kind of 'in' joke ?
Edward be some nincompoop who comes here to get revenge on IL about their software...he may not be the same as those spammers who showed up earlier...
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

WTF is this thread about anyway?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Instruments”