Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah plays nice with Kore too. I love the new multi instrument, rather like a Kore itself but built into S1. I wish it was so easy to set up controllers in Bitwig.

aMUSEd wrote:How do you get rid of a thumbnail once you have made one?
Go to your [user data] folder (whatever folder you have setup in Locations, where your \Songs & \Projects folders are), and delete them. The ones you make go there in a \Snapshots folder, organized by vendor. Delete the pngs I guess.

xbitz wrote:guys, this drag and drop based macro control assigning with MUX is simply amazing
That's pretty nice. A couple of random workflow tips...

1. You actually might be able to right click on any of those controls and assign them directly to macro knobs without drag and drop... not sure though. That might only work with VST3, but as you see below you can assign things directly to macro controls from the plugin UI, even when the macro window isn't open...

2. Control Link is in every plugin window, just open it. No need to travel all the way to the top left of the screen like in your gif to get the hand icon to drag, it's on every plugin window already.

3. Last but not least, when your working you often don't need to go digging for parameters to automate or assign. Control Link keeps an active list of the last X# (10 I think, not sure) parameters you touched, no matter what track they're on... so what you're about to go digging for in another part of the app to automate or assign to something is often already there where you are in any open plugin window...

Edit: Yeah, the plugin context menus aren't supported in VST 2.x, you have to drag it or assign it manually in the macro editor..

Ordered and immediately received from JRR my upgrade from Prod. 2 to Prof. 3. I can't register the dang thing though. Keep getting the invalid username/password message. No idea what I'm doing wrong. I read the help, opened a ticket, tried typing it in manually instead of copy and pasting...It shows up in my account, but when activating...no dice. :scared:

EDIT: ok. So, it's registered, but I can't activate it. Support already replied and said it's registered and now I just have to activate it...but THAT'S the problem. Is it that I need to wait for an activation code from JRRShop? I mean, they already sent me a registration key...

donato wrote:Ordered and immediately received from JRR my upgrade from Prod. 2 to Prof. 3. I can't register the dang thing though. Keep getting the invalid username/password message. No idea what I'm doing wrong. I read the help, opened a ticket, tried typing it in manually instead of copy and pasting...It shows up in my account, but when activating...no dice. :scared:

EDIT: ok. So, it's registered, but I can't activate it. Support already replied and said it's registered and now I just have to activate it...but THAT'S the problem. Is it that I need to wait for an activation code from JRRShop? I mean, they already sent me a registration key...
Did you try launching the program? Mine activated automatically when I first launched. Didn't ask me for anything.

Is there any difference between Studio One's "arranger track" and Reaper's "regions" ?

S1 can see the parameters through ReWire too (hoooly cow) which can be automated instantly with drag and drop :wheee: and :clap: again

"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

audientronic wrote:
donato wrote:Ordered and immediately received from JRR my upgrade from Prod. 2 to Prof. 3. I can't register the dang thing though. Keep getting the invalid username/password message. No idea what I'm doing wrong. I read the help, opened a ticket, tried typing it in manually instead of copy and pasting...It shows up in my account, but when activating...no dice. :scared:

Did you try launching the program? Mine activated automatically when I first launched. Didn't ask me for anything.
If by launching, opening the program, of course! Then after emailing support they sent me some links to authenticating Studio One v. 2 then closed my case and won't respond. Pathetic support. I realize I'm probably overlooking something, but how about some legitimate help? Instead, this guy Gary Hasenbeck send me all these links to how to register V.2., which is fine, if I wanted to register v.2 and it were 2011. The forms are different, it's not the same. He didn't listen to me at all. Kinda mad I spent this money even if it is my fault I can't figure it out. Rude customer service. Not cool, Presonus.

billcarroll wrote:Studio One v3 is one of the best updates to a DAW I've ever seen.
Except that the update is mainly focussed on EDM/DJ users and their needs and wishes.

Crucial improvements to other features, requested by lots of users over years, were unfortunatley neglected, for example:

- Updates to the Midi editor functionality (still no random values possible)

- Updates to the coloring of the tracks (still not possible to compose individual colors)

- Updates to the Project page/editor (still not possible to insert effects when mastering a project).

All in all, I'm a lot less overwhelmed than most of the people here. The update might suit a certain group of people, but doesn't help others at all. I don't need something like Note FX or a bitcrusher, but I certainly miss other features that are available in various other DAWs.

audientronic wrote:

yes. and i really didn't like the condescending and unhelpful support by Gary Hasenbeck from presonus who helped answer and "close" my case. great job by sending me S1 v.2 upgrade links. what a joke. i am a huge Studio One supporter, but I can't stand it when I get bad support from anyone. I'm so angry now I'm thinking of just selling it and going Logic or something.

i don't know if some of you noticed but S1 v3 will skip some seconds (with some vsti) when transforming Multi-later instrument into audio

I noticed this bug with Kontakt and EzKeys

ULAS wrote:Is there any difference between Studio One's "arranger track" and Reaper's "regions" ?
Not really, from what I can see.

Let me ask this here as well:

I could need some feedback on this issue as I don`t know if it is a bug or related to my gfx drivers:

having the mixer console on a second monitor,
the entire mixer dissapears when zooming around within arranger, can anyone confirm this ?

I also noticed anything else on the second monitor like S1 analysis tools
do react notably when working in arranger, some kind of correspondending flickering when doing something.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Omkar wrote:Let me ask this here as well:

I could need some feedback on this issue as I don`t know if it is a bug or related to my gfx drivers:

the entire mixer dissapears when zooming around within arranger, can anyone confirm this ?

do react notably when working in arranger, some kind of correspondending flickering when doing something.
I dont have this problem. The only problem i have with the mixer on a second monitor is that the faders/meters wont remain how i stretched them after adding new channels. This doesnt happen when the mixer isnt detached.

SeeingInMidi wrote:
Omkar wrote:Let me ask this here as well:

I dont have this problem. The only problem i have with the mixer on a second monitor is that the faders/meters wont remain how i stretched them after adding new channels. This doesnt happen when the mixer isnt detached.
Thanks for reply, looks like an issue with nvidia driver.

I tried to replicate your problem but found everything stays in place.
The added tracks (audio/midi) are empty though, do you have something on insert/send ?

*edit*
Playing around further, I can confirm the problem, haven`t streched the fader section before.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”