Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hope it's before the weekend
I hope too !!!!! there's a lot of stuff i want to do with V3 during the week end!

GOD :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: I HATE THIS SENTENCE:
This license needs to be manually generated. You will be contacted immediately when it becomes available.
Last edited by hivkorn on Fri May 22, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Uncle E wrote:
24MTS wrote:I hope Uncle E is talking about something else, like "a special version of Artist that includes VST support". This I'd be interested in, for the right cost.
I'll try. It might be too early to be expecting something like that but I think they'll eventually understand the necessity of it. The lack of MP3 support is inconvenient but at least there are workarounds. I imagine that the lack of VST support is a show stopper for most people.
Exactly. :tu: Thanks for your commitment.

hivkorn wrote:
has Presonus ever responded to the high CPU complaints
what do you call high cpu ? I play with DEMO since 2 days , i don't noticed a big cpu usage....nothing less or more than V2
i think the high cpu load people are talking about refers to the new synth.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

kelldammit wrote:
hivkorn wrote:
has Presonus ever responded to the high CPU complaints
what do you call high cpu ? I play with DEMO since 2 days , i don't noticed a big cpu usage....nothing less or more than V2
i think the high cpu load people are talking about refers to the new synth.
Not for me. I haven't even opened the new synth and V3 has higher CPU use in OS X 10.10.3.

It's about 1 buffer size worse, for lack of a better metric. Projects that play fine at 128 samples in V2 will barely play at 256 in V3.

It's only like this on 2 of my 3 systems. It's rather odd.
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more...

chk071 wrote:
Uncle E wrote:
24MTS wrote:I hope Uncle E is talking about something else, like "a special version of Artist that includes VST support". This I'd be interested in, for the right cost.
I'll try. It might be too early to be expecting something like that but I think they'll eventually understand the necessity of it. The lack of MP3 support is inconvenient but at least there are workarounds. I imagine that the lack of VST support is a show stopper for most people.
Exactly. :tu: Thanks for your commitment.
Double exactly! :) And triple thanks for commitment and good intention! :tu: Much appreciated.
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

KingClarkie wrote:@Compyfox
I'm flattered! You interrupted your endless anti-Steinberg rant for me! :love:
Brain: "LOL!"
Reality: *straight face*

So I'm "anti-Steinberg"... am I "pro-Presonus" now?
Or am I just a generally disappointed user of the current host generation(s) and question a lot of the comments made in here so far?

Who knows...
Last edited by Compyfox on Fri May 22, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

hivkorn wrote:GOD :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: I HATE THIS SENTENCE:
This license needs to be manually generated. You will be contacted immediately when it becomes available.
Fortunately, it's now been changed to a license. :)

I'll PM it to you in case you didn't get it.

I get it . :) and i said YOU RULEZ,thx to work hard to make us happy.JRRSHOP RULEZ.

[quote="kelldammit"
Robert Randolph wrote:i think the high cpu load people are talking about refers to the new synth.
Not for me...It's only like this on 2 of my 3 systems. It's rather odd.[/quote]

What are the other two systems? MAC, PC...? Are you using the same audio interface for all 3? There MUST be a common denominator to explain the variance? It could be USB vs. FireWire; one brand of audio interface over another; or even different peripherals, cards, or other hardware.

blueman wrote:[quote="kelldammit"
Robert Randolph wrote:i think the high cpu load people are talking about refers to the new synth.
Not for me...It's only like this on 2 of my 3 systems. It's rather odd.
What are the other two systems? MAC, PC...? Are you using the same audio interface for all 3? There MUST be a common denominator to explain the variance? It could be USB vs. FireWire; one brand of audio interface over another; or even different peripherals, cards, or other hardware.[/quote]

I'm already ahead of you.

All 3 systems are OS X 10.10.3. Same firewire interface.
Two are fairly barren (macbook pro, mac mini), almost clean installs except they have VSTs installed. One of those two performs the same between v2/v3 (macbook pro). One is my main system with tons of applications, plugins, extensions, garbage etc.. (iMac). It does not perform the same between v2/v3

I have almost no intention of switching to studio one as my main daw, but I'm still very curious as to what is causing this. I've been trying to narrow it down as much as possible.
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more...

Did not follow the whole thread here, but I found this:

http://www.delamar.de/musiksoftware/studio-one-3-28505/

Studio One v3 is one of the best updates to a DAW I've ever seen. The GUI update is exactly what I was hoping for and more.

Surprisingly, the new Presence XT sounds really damn good. The Presence XT sound library is very useable if not excellent so far, and extensive. Presence XT was a great addition I didn't expect. Haven't really spent time with Mai Tai yet, but that's next.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

How do you get rid of a thumbnail once you have made one?

guys, this drag and drop based macro control assigning with MUX is simply amazing

S1+MUX :clap: (this is what I always wanted in FL Studio inside Patcher but .... )
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”