Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Redux

Discount for Renoise owners?

Redux is already included in Renoise, aint it? :?

there appear to be features of Redux (example: certain modulation approaches) that are not yet offered by Renoise.

Just watched the video.

Looks perfect for glitch based stuff and beyond! :love:
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

dformd wrote:there appear to be features of Redux (example: certain modulation approaches) that are not yet offered by Renoise.
I expect that such features would also be baked into the next Renoise update.

Would be like going over the river after water, if owning Renoise, you had to buy Redux too to get all the features.

Owning Redux as a separate VST plug is a big advantage in itself. As you could then share it between several DAWs, much easier than Rewire

Any info on the release date....two months gone..still waiting.
B Ray - Embrays - RAY
Valhalla Delay - 120 Presets, D16 Repeater - 80 Presets, Soundtoys Effectrack 150+ Presets, PA Unfiltered Audio BYOME - 100 Presets, Venomode Phrasebox - 100 Presets - https://gumroad.com/embrays

Really looking forward to Redux. Use renoise as main DAW. The sampler is awesame, does what it should, straight forward, no fuzz.

This could very well be a dumb question:

I am looking for a sampler that will give me variations on brief and long audio samples. I have my eye on Slayer http://twistedtools.com/shop/reaktor/s-layer/which quickly does this that is if one want it without mangling the samples. Yes one can use fx and various means to mangle a sample.

In any case this Redux looks very interesting. There are times when I want to mangle the samples so this will be one way to do this.

I have never tried a tracker so for me will Redux be a sampler to avoid? It seems to me it is much more than a sampler and can be use to compose or improvise music. Can Redux be used for sound design?

Redux is a VST version of Renoise, so downloading Renoise's demo should give you a good idea of what Redux can do, and how it works as a tracker.

From what I've seen Renoise/Redux is capable of creating full new instruments from samples, similar to Kontakt or Ableton Racks.

Hmmm... I'm a current Renoise license owner and should qualify for the discounted Backstage price, but when I go to checkout the discount isn't being applied. Anyone else?

Edit: Looks like it's been fixed. Bought! :)
Last edited by mgpqa1 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Woohoo :)

Definitely looking forward to playing with this when I get home. I keep meaning to spend time learning Renoise but always turn to Logic. Hopefully this will scratch the tracker itch.

Been looking for a sampler for ages,seems Redux is what i was looking,

Its a pretty slick sampler on first impressions,4 filters(2 moog,1 K35,1 diode),drag and drop samples,nice effects (20+) & modulation,plus eight macros

Return to “Instruments”