Subsonic Labs Volfram / Wolfram opinions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any Volfram users out there?

I've been playing with the CM Magazine version of it every once in awhile and am coming to like it. Their site don't seem to be updated that often though and their forum doesn't get much traffic... I was wondering if any of you have any experience with it. Do they still release updates? Are they responsive to support? Have you found the plugin useful?

Lemme know what you think. Thanks, guys! :tu:

Edit: For those of you who need it, here's a link to their site. Their videos are humorous. :ud:

I used the CM version for a good while and I think it's a very nice bit of kit - can get some real nice delays out of it. The phaser sounds nice too (which is rare in software as most of them sound like shit). Can't say much about any other aspects of your question as I don't have the payware version. The CM versions pretty full featured though - they may have shot themselves in the foot there.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Thanks for the response. I had similar thoughts. It sounds pretty great and doesn't look like it is that much different than the full version. I'm torn because I'd like to support them (to encourage updates, new plugins, etc), but also want to save money. :-P

It looks like the only differences are... an extra "Manipulator" and two more modulation routing options.

Hrm.. the more I think about it, the more I feel it is worth the $60. Think they're going to get my money soon.

I'd consider upgrading to the full version if it was cheaper. The CM version has its uses, but the full version isn't that much better as to justify forking out $60 for. Just my opinion, of course.

I love Volfram, great sound, fun to use , and the result is always unusual!
The full version allows huge stereo effects which are well worth 60$!!

Cheers,
David

Love it, should have been huge
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I bought the upgrade quite a while back after playing with the CM version too. I like the delay sounds, especially playing with the feedback. I was getting some sounds that I liked that were just on the verge of losing control with the feedback. I think it was worth the upgrade price.
AFAIK, it's a one-man operation, and that is the only product. For me, it made supporting him more satisfying. Also, I had a minor niggle with the VST3 version (don't recall what), and he fixed it in less than 24 hours. Nobody does that. I'm a fan of Volfram and the dev. :tu:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Thanks for the great feedback, everyone! The more time I spend with the CM version, the more I like it. Probably going to upgrade this weekend.

I hope the dev gets the urge to make more plugins.

Ended up picking up the full version and have no regrets. This is a pretty great-sounding plugin. I was especially pleased after stumbling upon the zoomed plugin view, too.

Nice job, Subsonic Labs! :clap: :tu:

Return to “Effects”