Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

Well, I've got it all installed, and authorized, but so far Omnisphere can't find my STEAM folder. I'm going to try re-installing everything as Administrator, although that didn't work when I tried updating the patches for Trilian; it is showing the patches as version 1.3, but I've installed 1.4 several times now.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

I downloaded and installed today- installed all updated patches inc trillion and Bob mood library - everything worked and running :-) ran installer in admin, that was it (win7). Holiday tomorrow in the UK- great timing!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

elassi wrote:
Caine123 wrote:Image
It's all based on missing rights to write files in this directory.

People should really notice that they have to run the installer as administrator. Or, in other words: Spectrasonics should have written it in the setup doc (some vendors do as I recall).

Now, to your problem: You could make the directory writable for "all users" (change the permissions that is) to overcome this issue. Open the Win explorer, go to the directory in question, right-click and select "Eigenschaften --> Sicherheit --> Berechtigungen".
mate i installed everything as admin :)!
BUT, i NEVER had to install as admin any software before! this is ridiculous from spectrasonics and seems to give some people probs on windows.....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:
elassi wrote:
Caine123 wrote:Image
It's all based on missing rights to write files in this directory.

People should really notice that they have to run the installer as administrator. Or, in other words: Spectrasonics should have written it in the setup doc (some vendors do as I recall).

Now, to your problem: You could make the directory writable for "all users" (change the permissions that is) to overcome this issue. Open the Win explorer, go to the directory in question, right-click and select "Eigenschaften --> Sicherheit --> Berechtigungen".
mate i installed everything as admin :)!
BUT, i NEVER had to install as admin any software before! this is ridiculous from spectrasonics and seems to give some people probs on windows.....
Same here. Everything has been installed as admin, but when I open up Omni 2, I get this message: "Installation was not completed properly. Omnisphere patch data needs to be upgraded to version 2. Review installation procedure and install version 2 data."

It seems like it's looking in the wrong place for my STEAM folder, even though I directed it to the right place during installation. If I click on the "check for updates" button, the website says my patches and soundsources aren't up to date. But they are... If I had hair, I'd be pulling it out now.

roger_milford wrote:
LarsErik wrote:So anyone got the Trilian library working in Omnisphere 2?

I can see the presets but when trying to load a preset I get: "Cannot load SoundSource "<name of soundsource>" because Directory "trilogy Library" not found.

Loading the Trilian plug-in everything works just fine, so yeah.. something is wrong.
I have it working fine this side, the Trilian interface loads no problem into the Omnisphere 2 shell.
Simple question I know but did you run the installer to update Trilian ?
Yup.. didn't help.

bmrzycki wrote:
stikygum wrote:Are there any places to buy the downloadable Omni 2 upgrade for $230? The Spectrasonics site has the download for $250, but do any retailers offer the download upgrade version?
Yep.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Omnisphere2up
https://www.jrrshop.com/spectrasonics-o ... pgrade-box
I think you're wrong, or maybe misunderstood. I want the download version not a boxed version they have to ship to me. Is the only way to get a download version through Spectrasonics? Btw, I contacted jrrshop directly and they said they only can sell the boxed version. Starting to sound like all retailers can only sell the boxed version.

Ok, I've got it working. I have my STEAM folder on an external drive, and following the instructions on Spectrasonics' website ( [url]file:///F:/STEAM/Omnisphere/Documentation/Reference%20Guide/get_started/page04.html[/url] ), I put the shortcut to the folder in Program Files\Spectrasonics; it's supposed to be in ProgramData\Spectrasonics, according to the installer. No problems, and Trilian now shows the proper versions for all its components.

Two things I noticed are missing; there doesn't seem to be a Visualizer in Omni 2, and one of the wavetables Eric Demonstrated in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhkMBMQYETk, OB Sync Series, isn't anywhere I can find. Other than that, everything seems to be in good order. Unfortunately, I need to get to bed. Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow to put it through its paces.

DocAtlas wrote:Ok, I've got it working. I have my STEAM folder on an external drive, and following the instructions on Spectrasonics' website ( [url]file:///F:/STEAM/Omnisphere/Documentation/Reference%20Guide/get_started/page04.html[/url] ), I put the shortcut to the folder in Program Files\Spectrasonics; it's supposed to be in ProgramData\Spectrasonics, according to the installer. No problems, and Trilian now shows the proper versions for all its components.

Two things I noticed are missing; there doesn't seem to be a Visualizer in Omni 2, and one of the wavetables Eric Demonstrated in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhkMBMQYETk, OB Sync Series, isn't anywhere I can find. Other than that, everything seems to be in good order. Unfortunately, I need to get to bed. Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow to put it through its paces.
Edit:

The manual page I linked to in my previous post was from Omni 1; in Omni 2's manual, it does give the right instructions. I had gotten the link fro earlier in the thread; maybe Spectrasonics had a good reason for putting the Steam folder shortcut in a different place for version 2.

stikygum wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:
stikygum wrote:Are there any places to buy the downloadable Omni 2 upgrade for $230? The Spectrasonics site has the download for $250, but do any retailers offer the download upgrade version?
Yep.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Omnisphere2up
https://www.jrrshop.com/spectrasonics-o ... pgrade-box
I think you're wrong, or maybe misunderstood. I want the download version not a boxed version they have to ship to me. Is the only way to get a download version through Spectrasonics? Btw, I contacted jrrshop directly and they said they only can sell the boxed version. Starting to sound like all retailers can only sell the boxed version.
What JRR or Sweetwater ships is a cardboard envelope with a serial number and nothing else: no DVDs, no coupons, no manuals. If you purchase from JRR or Sweetwater they will ship you the physical envelope. Once you receive it you open t up, logon to spectrasonics.net and type in the code.

This will enable you to download the upgrade.

If you are patient and willing to wait for physical shipping you will save $30 over the exact same software that you can purchase directly from the spectrasonics techshop.

Their auth bot isn't the smartest thing on earth, got omni1 three weeks ago and authorized it on 3 tablets.
Got my v2 download yesterday, and when I tried to auth the update on the second tablet it tells me that it's my 5th request in a short period, which means no omni2 and even better no omni at all.

It's raining, I have the day off, these bots are real snail killers :D

DocAtlas wrote:Two things I noticed are missing; there doesn't seem to be a Visualizer in Omni 2, and one of the wavetables Eric Demonstrated in this video, OB Sync Series, isn't anywhere I can find.
That OB Sync wavetable isn't in the most obvious place, but it's there - Digital Wavetables / Sweepers. Looks like the visualiser has gone, but personally I think I'll get over it :)
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Anybody know if the VIP update can be downloaded to a machine other than your DAW? I tend to keep my DAW offline, and use an old XP machine for downloading, but the download manager stalls at exactly the same place, and doesn't then restart even after a number of hours. (Maybe an XP issue and yes the old machine is due to be replaced very shortly, but for most downloads it works fine, so haven't got round to it yet!! :oops: )

I can use another Win8 laptop for the download, but at my download speeds, :( the download will take over a day, so thought that I would save myself more delays by checking that the download can be done to another non DAW machine? (Just in case the download had to go on the DAW with Omni1 installed etc..)

Thanks for any input :)
Last edited by Itron on Mon May 04, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

noiseboyuk wrote:
DocAtlas wrote:Two things I noticed are missing; there doesn't seem to be a Visualizer in Omni 2, and one of the wavetables Eric Demonstrated in this video, OB Sync Series, isn't anywhere I can find.
That OB Sync wavetable isn't in the most obvious place, but it's there - Digital Wavetables / Sweepers. Looks like the visualiser has gone, but personally I think I'll get over it :)
Thanks, that's not where I would have thought it would be. I must have been too tired last night; I went through every wavetable and couldn't find it. I see where it is now.

I can manage without the visualizer, but it was cute. I have oscilloscope plugins if I really need to see what I'm hearing.

Itron wrote:Anybody know if the VIP update can be downloaded to a machine other than your DAW? I tend to keep my DAW offline, and use an old XP machine for downloading, but the download manager stalls at exactly the same place, and doesn't then restart even after a number of hours. (Maybe an XP issue and yes the old machine is due to be replaced very shortly, but for most downloads it works fine, so haven't got round to it yet!! :oops: )

I can use another Win8 laptop for the download, but at my download speeds, :( the download will take over a day, so thought that I would save myself more delays by checking that the download can be done to another non DAW machine? (Just in case the download had to go on the DAW with Omni1 installed etc..)

yes, you can do that (in fact i did it, too). the downloader downloads the files and extracts them into four different folderes. the first one is for the update of the omni plugin, the second one is for the installation of the additional data, the third and fourth folder are for trillian and the moog expansion pack, respectively. you can copy these folders to an external harddisc (or usb stick) and then install it on your offline daw machine.

Gosh wrote:
Itron wrote:Anybody know if the VIP update can be downloaded to a machine other than your DAW? I tend to keep my DAW offline, and use an old XP machine for downloading, but the download manager stalls at exactly the same place, and doesn't then restart even after a number of hours. (Maybe an XP issue and yes the old machine is due to be replaced very shortly, but for most downloads it works fine, so haven't got round to it yet!! :oops: )

yes, you can do that (in fact i did it, too). the downloader downloads the files and extracts them into four different folderes. the first one is for the update of the omni plugin, the second one is for the installation of the additional data, the third and fourth folder are for trillian and the moog expansion pack, respectively. you can copy these folders to an external harddisc (or usb stick) and then install it on your offline daw machine.
Many thanks for your quick and thorough reply, keeping fingers crossed that the download works this time using a Win8 laptop for the download. :)

Return to “Instruments”