Kore 2 template for Omnisphere 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's a template I just put together for controlling Omnisphere 2 in Kore 2:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... mplate.ksd

The first page is a 'Performer' control with params mapped for the ORB, global filter and Grain position

The rest map the zoom views in most cases allowing greater depth of control via the Kore hardware

What I haven't mapped:

Harmonia - in my previous Omnisphere 1 template I tried to map the Harmonia controls but felt they took up too many user pages for this to be really useful as there are so many knobs and buttons; I think most of the time Harmonia adjustments are made beforehand with a mouse then saved as presets for fast switching, so it doesn't make much sense to map these as performance controls

FX - too many to justify this, I wanted to keep this template relatively compact and usable, too many user pages would just make it impractical to use.

I have mapped layers A and B, but only 1 part; again duplicating this for all parts would impact on usability, most of the time I use single presets, not multis anyway. If you need other parts mapping you can use mine as an example of how to do them.

OK in the interests of usability I have also created a lighter performance template with just 12 user pages (the full one above has 29). This is intended strictly for playing/performance where users do not want to have to jump between lots of user pages but also don't need such detailed mappings, so it has just the main controls mapped, not (all of) the zoomed ones. In some cases I have had to prioritise which ones to add/leave out.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... mplate.ksd

Thank you for your efforts and sharing the templates, aMUSEd. Still love to use Kore when possible. :)

To use this, would you not also need an Omnisphere template or preset file that has all the controls enabled for automation? If you've made a template with all available controls enabled, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that (for Bitwig and automap control)

Echoes in the Attic wrote:To use this, would you not also need an Omnisphere template or preset file that has all the controls enabled for automation? If you've made a template with all available controls enabled, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that (for Bitwig and automap control)
I've tested this and it remembers the automation settings between systems so you shouldn't need an Omnisphere automation template as well, presumably a ksd counts as something equivalent to a project.

However I can try and save one for you to use elsewhere, I didn't map everything (as stated, not Harmonia or FX) and there are a few things (eg Granulator on/off) that should be automatable that appear to have been forgotten (hopefully Spectrasonics will fix that).

Just tried this - looks like it's not actually possible to export automation templates from Omnisphere, I assumed it would be, I guess it just gets saved in the project (or in this case, Koresound). The Omnisphere 'template' that you can save using the Utility menu appears to be just for midi learnt params, but as you know Kore is using host automation, not midi learn, so exporting one of those would not, presumably, be of much use.

Might be worth making this a FR, I think it would be useful to be able to share such templates.

aMUSEd wrote:Just tried this - looks like it's not actually possible to export automation templates from Omnisphere, I assumed it would be, I guess it just gets saved in the project (or in this case, Koresound). The Omnisphere 'template' that you can save using the Utility menu appears to be just for midi learnt params, but as you know Kore is using host automation, not midi learn, so exporting one of those would not, presumably, be of much use.

Might be worth making this a FR, I think it would be useful to be able to share such templates.
Saving a template also saves the host automations being enabled, I'm pretty sure. At least if they haven't changed anything from V1 in that regard. I've saved a template in V1 and been able to pull it up in a fresh instance with all controls enabled. I haven't done that for V2 yet though, so I figured if you've already done everything but harmonia, that would help, I could add that to it after.

It is too bad about the missing controls. I really wish they'd the waveform selector as a parameter as well so that am encoder could change through them rather than always having to select from a huge multi-tiered menu.

OK well it would be interesting to test this out, here are the templates for the full (ish) and reduced versions:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5646041/Archive.zip

see if they contain automation as well as midi assignments (well they won't have any midi)

Now I've had more of a play with this I've adjusted the full template a little, I'm finding it's easier to work if I have the A and B pages side by side so I have uploaded a version with that arrangement.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... v2.ksd.zip

aMUSEd wrote:OK well it would be interesting to test this out, here are the templates for the full (ish) and reduced versions:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5646041/Archive.zip

see if they contain automation as well as midi assignments (well they won't have any midi)
Thanks man, will check tonight.

Return to “Instruments”