MPowerSynth beta released, available for an introductory price and you can even get it for FREE!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote:Oscillator section feels a bit left behind ( partials , unison , etc ..nice ) , just as in the freeware stuff., both nothing more, no wavescanning
Are you serious? You're unhappy with the oscillators?

It's true there's no wavetable scanning, but the Signal Editor is flat-out amazingly flexible. For instance, have you ever seen a waveform-level step sequencer before in your life? Really, spend some time with those tools, you might or might not find sounds you like down any one path, but I bet you won't be bored :) There's some ground-breaking stuff in there.

And as much as I like wavetable synths, you could argue that the organic waveshape changes you can do with algorithmic oscillators this flexible are more open-ended than sweeping linearly through a predetermined set of waveforms.

IMO the oscillators are the best part of this synth, and there are a lot of cool parts!

dwozzle wrote:
gentleclockdivider wrote:Oscillator section feels a bit left behind ( partials , unison , etc ..nice ) , just as in the freeware stuff., both nothing more, no wavescanning
Are you serious? You're unhappy with the oscillators?

For instance, have you ever seen a waveform-level step sequencer before in your life? Really, spend some time with those tools, you might or might not find sounds you like down any one path, but I bet you won't be bored :) There's some ground-breaking stuff in there.

And as much as I like wavetable synths, you could argue that the organic waveshape changes you can do with algorithmic oscillators this flexible are more open-ended than sweeping linearly through a predetermined set of waveforms.

IMO the oscillators are the best part of this synth, and there are a lot of cool parts!
Yes I have , I have some of the melda freebees ..all sharing the same concept of how to create new waveforms , be it by adding harmonics, scewing etc...
Sure it is flexible , but in the end we are still working with static waveforms t, unless I am overlooking something an we can modulate the waveform/skewing etc...parameters , if so ..let me know
Anyway , like I posted before ..the effect plugin mxxx is absolutely great .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Maybe a bug or so .
Trying to change the background colour , for a brief second the plugin shows the selected colour , then reverts back to it's original state.

Aha ...just found out how to modulate the main shape of an osc... :tu: , and this can give some pretty impressive results
Downside....cpu goes up ..way up.....even when the graph of the modulated osc is hidden.
:cry:
Eyeball exchanging

Is it true that the full release of MPowerSynth 9 is right around the corner? :)

gentleclockdivider wrote:Aha ...just found out how to modulate the main shape of an osc... :tu: , and this can give some pretty impressive results
Downside....cpu goes up ..way up.....even when the graph of the modulated osc is hidden.
Not surprising, it's the difference between precalculating the waveform and recalculating it constantly on the fly.

I have to say, I'm quite new to MPS, so it's 100% possible I'm not aware of everything it can do, or all the limitations it has. Between the oscs, filters, and fx, I've been able to make sounds that strike me as quite complex and full of motion, with a single oscillator, and without that sort of modulation, but it's somewhat true that they don't evolve in the same sorts of ways that wavetables or fully dynamic waveform modulation can.

Exactly how are you modulating the waveform? Maybe Vojtech can suggest optimally efficient ways to accomplish similar things?

Exactly! BUT in MPowerSynth 9 there are the new transformations (in addition to PWM) and these are really cool! ;)
Today/tomorrow ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

As far as I can see the pitch modulation only goes to 24 semitones , even when full range is selected in the mod.envelope tab ..
Any way to extend this range?
Octave range is not modulatable , any change that this will change ?
Eyeball exchanging

dwozzle wrote:
gentleclockdivider wrote:Aha ...just found out how to modulate the main shape of an osc... :tu: , and this can give some pretty impressive results
Not surprising, it's the difference between precalculating the waveform and recalculating it constantly on the fly.

I have to say, I'm quite new to MPS, so it's 100% possible I'm not aware of everything it can do, or all the limitations it has. Between the oscs, filters, and fx, I've been able to make sounds that strike me as quite complex and full of motion, with a single oscillator, and without that sort of modulation, but it's somewhat true that they don't evolve in the same sorts of ways that wavetables or fully dynamic waveform modulation can.

Exactly how are you modulating the waveform? Maybe Vojtech can suggest optimally efficient ways to accomplish similar things?
In the advanced tab I modify the waveforms , then modulate the main shape , but beware ...I have a feeling this is not meant to be modulated because of the high cpu load that it introduces.
ust dragging the main shape slider does not increase cpu load ( altough it is calculating right? ) , it's just when modulating this parameter the cpu load increases ...
Click on the symbol right of the moduation tab ,clikck 'click and learn ' then move a slider , then again cclick the mod.tab .
It is ust exactly this kind of process that makes it verry difficult because of the gui and imo not verry well thought interface , it took me some time to find out .
Vember audio surge , has the same approach ..and the gui is crystal clear for theese kind of things
Eyeball exchanging

Picth( or any other) modulation by 2 separate mod sources .;
Env+lfo
Not possible ....., unless I' am overlooking something
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider, it could really use dedicated topics, I don't even know what you are asking now and it definitely won't help anyone else...

Pitch range: yes, -24..+24, that's the range, cannot be changed, backward compatibility.

CPU load modulation: Some things are extremely hard to modulate. To save some CPU, click Settings/Settings and lower the modulator protection. Also if you are not using 9.00b3, please install it.

Multiple mod sources: Not possible sorry. But you can modulate modulator ranges and just about any parameter in any modulator.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Today/tomorrow ;)
Lovely! Congrats. I look forward to giving it a go (I've not tried the beta, so it'll all be new to me!) :D.

gentleclockdivider wrote:Vember audio surge , has the same approach ..and the gui is crystal clear for theese kind of things
Had very quick play with Surge tonight, has interesting features on paper, but if the factory patches are any indication, it's got nowhere near the richness and coolness of sound I hear in MPS (or Saurus, which I've also been playing with, and which rocks IMO). UI's too small too, like many older VSTs, but not as bad as some. Need more time with it, but that's my initial take on it.

There's a questionmark "?" just about everywhere in the synth you can click and get a GREAT description of what is going on and what you can do.
Some modulation of parameters are heavier than others. I think the skew ones belong to that category. But just about how many synths even offers you those parameters? The last one i had with that was my Novation Nova!!
I've been playing around with synths, both soft and hard (ok, that sounded bad) for 20 years and there's stuff in this synth i can't predict how it will sound. And i LOVE that!
This synth is like a modular the size of a big house. It can get a bit intimidating when you consider what you can do. Just the effects section has options larger than most synth heads can handle :D
I can't help but wonder wth this update will provide that already doesn't exist o.O

Edit: Regarding modulation. At the bottom there's 8 mod sections where you can click the little button (looks like a dropdown) and then click record. Take any parameter and drag them from the range you want to the range you want. Click the REC button at the modulation section and you'll see and hear the modulation. Pretty neat!
:hug:

MeldaProduction wrote:
Multiple mod sources: Not possible sorry. But you can modulate modulator ranges and just about any parameter in any modulator.
This :dog:
Eyeball exchanging

Is something holding back the v9 release?

Return to “Instruments”