How often do you go back to legacy presets when new factory presets come out?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So the two releases I have in mind specifically are Sampletank 3 and Rapture Pro.

Rapture Pro will have a 'classic' library and a brand new one.

Sampletank 3 allows you to import all the Sampletank 2 patches, but the new library has great versions of all the bread and butter stuff plus a ton of new things. I'm glad I was able to import all the old ST2 libraries, but to be honest, I don't use 'em anymore because the ST3 stuff sounds far superior.

So the ability to load the old stuff is a nice security blanket that allows you to still load old projects, but it doesn't seem like I would ever really need to go back otherwise.

And I'm thinking the same thing about Rapture Pro. If all the new factory presets are 'improved,' why would I go back, generally speaking, to the old stuff?

I'm sure I can come up with other examples, but these two have been on the radar recently.

Thoughts?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Depends on the synth and the patch. For one thing, I rarely use presets unless it's something that absolutely fits what I want to do and don't want to spend the time creating it myself.

If an update comes out and that preset is still the same and nothing has really replaced it, or if the "upgraded" one doesn't have the sound I want, I'll still use the old preset.

Age just doesn't factor into it. If it sounds good and I can use it for what I want to do, I use it. It's that simple.

Return to “Instruments”