PG8X (inspired by the JX8P): new beta version uploaded

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

Thanks for the update ... :tu:

He,

for me i do this skin because it feels like the hardware ;)

This skin is just for my personal use ok so please don't kill me i love how it looks like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martin_l wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Pads really need Poly 12 so I'd rather it default to that.............(or 32 :hihi: )

One thing I've noticed is that some controls don't update when a new patch is selected........mostly on the setting page.
Can you be more explicit in which ones these are?

Some settings parameters are, indeed, global, and not stored per patch. Once I finish the plugin and the documentation, things will be more obvious.

Martin
Yes I have to go out for awhile but when I return I'll try to make a list of all the parameters that don't change on the GUI after patch change. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

martin_l wrote:Just updated the betas:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5oop1vf8vpl ... eezxa?dl=0
Betas? This things sounds like the finished product now :love:

I have never owned the hardware equivalent so can't compare the emulation, but as a VA in itself it sounds brilliant!

It's got a really interesting sound character - for an "analog" (albeit DCO) synth, it can get very DX7-ey, and it can get very PPG Wave 2.x-ish as well, as well as a more Roland-ey JP6 kinda sound.

And yeah, just like the hardware, it's not great for bass - the envelopes are possibly the most sluggish I've come across. Really interesting sound character, definitely doesn't sound like many other instruments.

for bass you need unison (yellow)!

More synth bass you can't get :)

If is possible to upload it to an another host. I hate Dropbox

You don't have to use the Dropbox app to download...

EvilDragon wrote:You don't have to use the Dropbox app to download...
+1 it's a nag screen

When the login box appears, close it, and click on the link to download again. Worked for me

Lovin this synth. Easy to program. Incredibly flexible for a simple design. The MIDI learns are sweet. Love the Unison mode.

I nominate this for the next OSC.

Numanoid wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:You don't have to use the Dropbox app to download...
+1 it's a nag screen

When the login box appears, close it, and click on the link to download again. Worked for me
You don't even have to do that. Just click on the bottom line in the nag screen: "No thanks, just continue to download" and your download will start.

No sweat and nothing to get all worked up about.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

A'lovin' this thing :love:

Just putting the init patch through something like Reflex free, creates a beautiful pad :tu:

Well, I just discovered an interesting bug. I think it's easily duplicated as I can recreate it with 100% accuracy.

Create a patch with MIDI CC 1 modulation on the filter cutoff. Save the patch and also save the bank.

Unload the VST.

Reload the VST.

Bring up the patch or the whole bank. Doesn't matter which.

Play the patch and attempt to use the mod wheel to raise the filter cutoff.

The slider doesn't move.

If you right click on it, the MIDI assignment is still there, yet it doesn't work. You have to click on Write (for the assignment) to get it to engage again. If you have other patches in the bank with this assignment, it will make them work as well so you don't have to do this for each patch. Just one of them.

I haven't tested if resetting MIDI CC 1 for filter cutoff will be enough to get other mod wheel controlled items (like raising up the level of a DCO) to work as well. Am going to test that next. If not, then every item you assign CC 1 to will need to be "relearned".

I don't know if this is a Cubase bug or if this is duplicatable on other DAWs.

** EDIT ** Okay, just created a patch with CC 1 assigned to DCO 2 level in the mixer and it doesn't reassign the CC1 for the filter. So you need to reassign every CC 1 assignment for each parameter that you use it for.

Also, when raising the mod wheel, I am now getting ccc's appearing across the screen where the patch name shows and the VST logo also pops up. After stopping, the patch name disappears until I navigate to another patch and then go back to it.

I just tested and my patch doesnt remember cc1 assignment as well.

Great sounding synth btw!!!! Thanks!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Hello!
Looks and sounds pretty nice, great work :)

This log file is new for this version with new gui, right? Who does need this?
Well, i am asking, because i am pretty sure it lags my portable host and it grows very fast too ;) Is it possible to disable it?

Cheers

Return to “Instruments”