Sonic Charge - Echobode

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Echobode RE

deft_bonz wrote: I couldn't enter the coupon when trying to pay via Paypal. But there was field, when paying with credit card. That worked for me.
There was field but it didn't accept the code .. Said it's not valid. Anyway it's too late now :P
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

ChamomileShark wrote:I think pitchshifters multiply all frequencies, frequency shifters add to them.
What's with the 200hz scale of range? That's common for lfo ranges for some synths.

ChamomileShark wrote:I think pitchshifters multiply all frequencies, frequency shifters add to them.

but anyway the upshot is pitch shifter will turn an A into a B - frequencyshifters will change the harmonic relationship in the sound so the timbre will change giving a shimmer to start, then more bell like tones and then vibrato type efects - think more like a ring modulator.
Yup.

Pitchshifting a signal with partials at 100Hz, 200Hz, 300Hz, 400Hz, 500Hz 'by 50Hz' (*) : results = partials at 150Hz, 300Hz, 450Hz, 600Hz, 750Hz (harmonic relationship maintained)

(* it probably wouldnt give parameters in Hz, though, more likely in percents)

Frequency shifting the same signal by 50Hz : results = partials at 150Hz, 250Hz, 350Hz, 450Hz, 550Hz (harmonic relationship borked).

See boxout at http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan02/a ... ts0102.asp
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

deft_bonz wrote:
penguinfromdeep wrote:I don't know why but that coupon code didn't work for me no matter how many times I tried! Damn son, but I bought it anyway at the full price! :x No matter, they deserve the full money anyway for this awesome plugin :love:
I couldn't enter the coupon when trying to pay via Paypal. But there was field, when paying with credit card. That worked for me.
I got it working for me in the end using PayPal, the trick is to take it on trust and go through the whole PayPal checkout process, the coupon code box then appears only after you have done so that.

aMUSEd wrote:
deft_bonz wrote:
penguinfromdeep wrote:I don't know why but that coupon code didn't work for me no matter how many times I tried! Damn son, but I bought it anyway at the full price! :x No matter, they deserve the full money anyway for this awesome plugin :love:
I couldn't enter the coupon when trying to pay via Paypal. But there was field, when paying with credit card. That worked for me.
I got it working for me in the end using PayPal, the trick is to take it on trust and go through the whole PayPal checkout process, the coupon code box then appears only after you have done so that.
Ok, it seems I quit the checkout process too early. It was okay for me since I could do it thru the "normal" credit card checkout.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I've been using the Rack Extension of Echobode for a couple of years now - it's fantastic. That said, this release has some additional features which really knock it out of the park. Fantastic work as always from Sonic Charge!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

This thing is brilliant. I agree that a step sequencer sort of modulation (like Tantra has) would be fantastic, but even with one simple LFO it's one of the most versatile effects around.

Spent 4 hours with the demo. Sounds gorgeous and musical, it's low on the CPU, has a lovely GUI (and a picture with the Lidstrom brothers) and a crazy low price. Will buy it for sure.

:love: you, Sonic Charge!

deft_bonz wrote:
Krakatau wrote:
Sendy wrote: But then Shimmer is a pitch shifter, not a frequency shifter
For my guidance, what's the difference between these two process ?

:)
One shifts the frequency, the other the pitch :borg: :borg: :borg:
In fact a good question. I also never bothered about the difference in detail. I just realize they sound different.

Any scientific expert here care to explain that?
I'm no expert (I just pretend) but frequency is nonmusical and pitch is musical. Pitch is exponential. If you want to go up an octave each time, you double the frequency. Frequency shifting is just adding to the frequency each time you go through the feedback loop, meaning you arrive at inharmonic numbers. Frequency shifting is very similar to ring modulation (in fact, Echobode lets you morph between them), and as we all know from Dr Who, ring modulation is a weird, clangy, inharmonic effect (unless you choose your input frequencies very cleverly).

What really makes this weird is that while pitch is exponential, we hear it as linear. Octaves sound equally spaced out to us. Frequency is TRUELY linear, and we hear it as micro-linear, it falls short of linearity to our ears and sounds sort of curled up and weird. When I learned this at college (I studied Music Technology), it BLEW MY MIND :)
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy's approach is the good one. You can dig a little deeper with the manual of Echobode if you want to. As for Permut8, the manual offers a good technical/theorical approach of the concept (not to mention the beautiful layout of the whole manual, as always...).
Here it is : http://soniccharge.com/public/Echobode% ... 0Guide.pdf

Something interesting to contemplate ;)

http://bigcitymusic.com/analogue-system ... cy-Shifter

Note this is "just" a Eurorack module - no case and no PSU.

Methinks the Sonic Charge option is a better idea :D
------------------------------------------
Gribs

I bought it. And now I can't stop playing around with it.

With or without the discount it's a no-brainer.

yes, great price. i might have to purchase the entire pack from soniccharge, piecemeal or not... as it is, permut8 and echobode are both fantastic.

Sendy wrote: What really makes this weird is that while pitch is exponential, we hear it as linear. Octaves sound equally spaced out to us. Frequency is TRUELY linear, and we hear it as micro-linear, it falls short of linearity to our ears and sounds sort of curled up and weird. When I learned this at college (I studied Music Technology), it BLEW MY MIND :)
Frequency is not the only thing the brain perceives as linear. Loudness and brightness work the same way. This probably helps the brain perceive a wider range of values. It's similar to when you have a graph with a huge range of values (e.g., the Y axis goes from 0 to 1 million) and you can't make sense of the data, you can change the scale of the Y axis to be log instead of linear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponential_growth
Many responses of living beings to stimuli, including human perception, are logarithmic responses, which are the inverse of exponential responses; the loudness and frequency of sound are perceived logarithmically, even with very faint stimulus, within the limits of perception. This is the reason that exponentially increasing the brightness of visual stimuli is perceived by humans as a linear increase, rather than an exponential increase. This has survival value. Generally it is important for the organisms to respond to stimuli in a wide range of levels, from very low levels, to very high levels, while the accuracy of the estimation of differences at high levels of stimulus is much less important for survival.

I really like that randomization also randomizes the preset name <3
However, i would really like the randomization to be available without using menu! (same thing for permut8 please!)
Even better would be if it was possible to trigger randomization via midi.

.2 ms, i suppose there's no way around reducing that, is there?

Thanks for the generous demo limitation. No stress when trying it out! Also big thanks for the voucher!

Edit: Is it possible to lock down Mix to 100%?
:hug:

Return to “Effects”