Polyphonic Guitar to MIDI VST/AU "MIDI Guitar"- BETA TEST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rich_h wrote: Mine sits on my Variax so I already have my Frankenstein guitars :) Although that could set me off on a whinge on how hard would it have been for Line 6 to have incorporated a 13 pin socket on the damn guitar. But I won't. :D

They were dumber than that. It should've been a USB port.

neshel wrote:
rich_h wrote: Mine sits on my Variax so I already have my Frankenstein guitars :) Although that could set me off on a whinge on how hard would it have been for Line 6 to have incorporated a 13 pin socket on the damn guitar. But I won't. :D

They were dumber than that. It should've been a USB port.
That would have required additional software though. Adding a 13 pin socket would have been relatively trivial as all it would have required is some basic buffering circuitry to split the outputs from the pickups.

Making it USB would have tied it to a computer, whereas with the 13 pin you could use it with any compatible device.

'Tied' it to a computer? USB is assloads by the trillions more ubiquitous than 13-pin.

The FTP does NOT have be "tied to a computer" to drive hardware synths.

It can be used standalone with a breakout box like Kenton's MIDI USB Host.

http://www.kentonuk.com/products/items/ ... host.shtml

Also Fishman showed their own USB2MIDI breakout box/foot controller at Winter NAMM.

the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Nice. They should create a new thread for the new release and all.

I've been following this thread since its beginning and its so close now...
Latest blog post with some insights:
http://jamorigin.com/midi-guitar-2-release-notes/

Anyone on the mailing list get an email?

Website stares we should have received an update,
I've received nothing
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Anyone on the mailing list get an email?

Website stares we should have received an update,
I've received nothing
I received an email earlier today about it. I would guess you should get one in then near future.

I also received the email for MG2.......very excited about this as my biggest issue was that MG1 couldn't keep up with my faster playing leads etc...

Hopefully, this version will evolve into a solid midi guitar solution. I for one am very happy to see JamOrigin working on improving this!! :tu:
Make music :harp:

Got the email too. Can't wait to try it. I couldn't find it / missed it, does it still work with Windows XP?
"What we play is life" - Louis Armstrong

MG is a fantastic piece of audio software. I've been using it for nearly a year and find it invaluable and inspirational. I can't wait to check out MG-2.

On Macbook Pro mid 2012, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 Yosemite 10.10.3 ~ MG 2.0 Beta 1 crashes after accepting the EULA on both 32 and 64 bit versions. MG 1.0.0 runs fine. Use it everyday as a standalone front end to both Protools 11 and Reaper 5x beta.
Last edited by jas on Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

worked fine here.
3.5 Ghz intel i5 imac running yosemite 10.10.3.
2.3 milliseconds latency @ 64 samples
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Seems to work great here, VERY responsive, Win7 32. But my interface is a guitar preamp, and I can't separate the guitar sound from it. There used to be a slider in the gui for guitar volume. Also, I'm using Reaper (in this case 3.76) won't recognize it, so I can't load it in the chain......

Return to “Instruments”