FL Studio 12 Released!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Someone here is having problems with the old "Pattern play/Playlist" play switch (that's not here anymore)?

alvfaria wrote:Someone here is having problems with the old "Pattern play/Playlist" play switch (that's not here anymore)?
It's here on the Transport Panel...

Perhaps start with this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40x-WoAe3NM
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Teksonik wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:there must be a list of the colours currently used, and it must be editable, so why not let the users create alternatives? Then we'll all be happy.
Indeed why not ? Because IL doesn't care one bit about making existing users happy. That's the downside of Lifetime Free Updates. Once you buy FL Studio your opinion or wishes no longer matter.
Oh come on now. The downside of lifetime free updates? Image-Line! You evil developers! Supplying us with lifetime free updates without meeting every user recommendation for every major update!

To serve as a counterpoint to what you're saying, I've been a FL user for years and I love the DAW and Image-Line as a company.

FL Studio 12 is great.

This may have been asked before, but is there any way to set up a keyboard shortcut to create an automation clip of the last tweaked value (for VST plugins)? Going at that from the top bar is a slight bit inconvenient and if there is a way to do it faster that'd be nice.

Just as a note here guys, I've used Bitwig and Ableton. Reaper. That might be all. Of all of those, I like the FL interface the most. Not every user wants it to look different. Understand that your opinion is always going to be mostly, just yours, and that if you are so miff'd by the way the interface is in FL these days, you can always use the DAW that's GUI you like so much.

Just use what you're into, don't try and smush your idea of what a perfect DAW is together. If you love the way Bitwig looks, just use that. I love the way FL looks, I'll keep using it! :)

KingTuck wrote:
Just use what you're into, don't try and smush your idea of what a perfect DAW is together. If you love the way Bitwig looks, just use that. I love the way FL looks, I'll keep using it! :)
this is KVR. Stop talking sense.

:wink:

Bitwig just looks like tootsie roll. Image

I'm not dissing tootsie roll though.

KingTuck wrote: Oh come on now. The downside of lifetime free updates? Image-Line! You evil developers! Supplying us with lifetime free updates without meeting every user recommendation for every major update!
Yes downside. As an existing FL user you have no value to IL since you've already paid for the product. Free means nothing if an update has no value. I've said it many many times before I'd much rather pay for updates that bring something I need or want than get free updates that bring absolutely nothing and even take away things people actually do like.
KingTuck wrote:This may have been asked before, but is there any way to set up a keyboard shortcut to create an automation clip of the last tweaked value (for VST plugins)? Going at that from the top bar is a slight bit inconvenient and if there is a way to do it faster that'd be nice.
Custom keyboard shortcuts ? In FL ? That's called a "feature request" good luck getting them to listen.......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:As an existing FL user you have no value to IL since you've already paid for the product. Free means nothing if an update has no value. I've said it many many times before I'd much rather pay for updates that bring something I need or want than get free updates that bring absolutely nothing and even take away things people actually do like.
Dammit, I've been spending way too much time helping existing users on our forums, I didn't realize they have no value to us.
KingTuck wrote:That's called a "feature request" good luck getting them to listen.......
We do read those, but whether or not to implement them remains our choice. You're not saying that we should implement everything that people ask for, are you? (insert image of Homer's car here)

There are a lot of requests that do make sense of course, but there are various reasons we don't implement those. They may not fit in with the idea we have of what FL should do. We may simply lack the time. Maybe some other reason I can't think of right now.

Anyway, you can say anything you want, I won't stop you. You have the right to be wrong after all.

It doesn't write my music for me dammit, and I requested that years ago!

And why doesn't the update sing me to sleep with a swee soft lullabye every night?

This update that gives me free effects and a synth, aside from the vector-based GUI (which has been requested a lot over the years) and various other improvements like a more flexible mixer with more fx slots per mixer channel, and the ability to save presets of the plugin in the database....it just adds no value to ME PERSONALLY because I wanted a free cake with it.

Waaaaaa :cry:
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

reflex wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Because IL doesn't care one bit about making existing users happy.
That's simply not true. We won't do everything any user asks, however.
It simply is true for me. I've been an FL owner since back at version 3 or 4 and I've never had a feature request granted although I suppose the new clunky and awkward plugin "management" system could qualify as "adding multiple extra plugin folders".

For example I've been asking for multiple soundcard outputs from the Master for years and years....a feature that took another DAW developer less than a day to implement.....and I still can't do it in version 12 even though all the real DAWs I use can easily accomplish this task without clunky workarounds.
reflex wrote:Dammit, I've been spending way too much time helping existing users on our forums, I didn't realize they have no value to us.

Oh really ? Is this an example ? I've been asking for custom key bindings and midi control for a long time and here's the latest result directed to you at the FL forums
Teksonik wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Any chance of getting Midi control of the View Buttons on the toolbars? I like to be able to assign a button on my midi controller to open/close the Mixer, Playlist, and Piano Roll.
Yea....I didn't think so..........
No response....not even an acknowledgement that you even understand the request. Thanks for the "help"

Let's put it bluntly.......FL Studio is going to be developed the way Gol sees fit not how the people who actually use the program want it to develop. Other developers are quite responsive to user input and understand that sofware should conform to the user not the other war around. At Imageline the main developer not only doesn't listen to user input he is often rude and condescending to the user base. He is arrogant, pompous, and not the least bit concerned about anything but getting his ego stroked.

I don't remember anybody asking for the Block workflow to be removed. I don't remember anybody asking for skinning to be removed. In fact I do however remember many people asking for full skinning in the past....for the ability to customize FL to look and function the way that's best for them not the way someone who doesn't even use the program dictates.

That's why I don't use Fl for anything other than creating audio content in other DAWs. As a DAW FL has always fought the stigma of being a toy. Now with the new Candy Crush FL 12 interface all you've done is reinforce that stereotype..........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Let's put it bluntly.......FL Studio is going to be developed the way Gol sees fit not how the people who actually use the program want it to develop. Other developers are quite responsive to user input and understand that sofware should conform to the user not the other war around.
Tell me one developer who implements every single users wish. There is none. Because it's not smart to do so, otherwise you'd end up with a mess instead of a DAW. It's important to have your own ideas about your product, and in the end, success will prove you right or wrong. And i would say FL Studio is not the worst in terms of that. I'm pretty sure the devs would consider your proposals, if they thought it would fit into their plans (or if they even read it, maybe they didn't). If you take u-he for example, they're very present in these forums. But from 100 user suggestions, they take over 1 exactly as it was proposed into their software, if they think it fits into their plans. Otherwise they make up their mind, and if it doesn't fit into the way they want their software to be, they dismiss it. Fair enough. I proposed something to Urs about Hive too, he explained why he thought it was no good idea for him, and it was fine and understandable why he chose not to do so. :shrug:

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:It doesn't write my music for me dammit, and I requested that years ago!

And why doesn't the update sing me to sleep with a swee soft lullabye every night?

This update that gives me free effects and a synth, aside from the vector-based GUI (which has been requested a lot over the years) and various other improvements like a more flexible mixer with more fx slots per mixer channel, and the ability to save presets of the plugin in the database....it just adds no value to ME PERSONALLY because I wanted a free cake with it.

Waaaaaa :cry:
Typical sycophant response. Ooooh "free" plugins with version 12 ? You mean the plugins I paid for in the past are now free to new users ? How nice. :roll:
The_Hidden_Goose wrote:various other improvements like a more flexible mixer with more fx slots per mixer channel,
More flexible ? How many times have you seen people ask for more than 99 mixer strips ? (not me I don't need than many). And still in FL 12.....99 mixer strips......oh I'm sorry 103 because you can use the sends. How many DAWs even restrict the number of strips you can have ? None I've ever worked with but then those are real DAWs.

Ok I'm not going to waste any more time with the bleating FL sycophants. Enjoy your toy............ :tu:

chk071 wrote:Tell me one developer who implements every single users wish.
I can tell you two that have implemented several of mine. That's why I use their DAWs and that's why I'll continue to support them.

FL has become a mess because of it's lack of user input and because of the myopic vision of one not very talented developer.

I'm out............................ :wheee:
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was helped by reflex many times with my stupid questions so thx :) , personally I only miss some quick control assignment feature from the new Patcher , otherwise not bad at all

so the same feature as was implemented for the input control selector

the last tweaked one, in this case the input control selection part would be skippable and the whole process would be much more comfortable :wink:
Last edited by xbitz on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Teksonik wrote:It simply is true for me. I've been an FL owner since back at version 3 or 4 and I've never had a feature request granted although I suppose the new clunky and awkward plugin "management" system could qualify as "adding multiple extra plugin folders".
So you did indeed get one feature request implemented. Maybe not exactly in the way you envisioned it, but it was implemented.

You also have to realize that, in the end, you are one user among hundreds of thousands. There's just no way to give every single user a personalized treatment in any way. We make choices in what we do, whether they're right or wrong.
For example I've been asking for multiple soundcard outputs from the Master for years and years....a feature that took another DAW developer less than a day to implement.....and I still can't do it in version 12 even though all the real DAWs I use can easily accomplish this task without clunky workarounds.
You can use Asio4All for that.
Oh really ? Is this an example ? I've been asking for custom key bindings and midi control for a long time and here's the latest result directed to you at the FL forums
Custom key bindings and midi control are not a priority for us, that's true. I don't see those happening any time soon.
No response....not even an acknowledgement that you even understand the request. Thanks for the "help"
As I said before, we do read a lot of the feature requests. But we usually don't reply to them. I guess we could do better there, so point granted. That's not to say we'll reply to every feature request from now on, there are some practical issues with that as well.
FL Studio is going to be developed the way Gol sees fit not how the people who actually use the program want it to develop.
Different people have different requests and priorities. Somebody has to make the decisions and often that will be Gol.

To be a bit crude: if you don't like it, you can always develop your own sequencer.
I don't remember anybody asking for the Block workflow to be removed. I don't remember anybody asking for skinning to be removed.
Both were (more or less) necessary to allow the program to progress.
In fact I do however remember many people asking for full skinning in the past....for the ability to customize FL to look and function the way that's best for them not the way someone who doesn't even use the program dictates.
Yes, it has been requested a lot. It's not something we'll implement. Sorry.
That's why I don't use Fl for anything other than creating audio content in other DAWs. As a DAW FL has always fought the stigma of being a toy. Now with the new Candy Crush FL 12 interface all you've done is reinforce that stereotype..........
You can use any program you want and you should definitely use the one(s) that help you make your music. If FL is not one of those, then I'm sorry but it's the way it is. You can request new features and we'll implement them if we think they're good features. You can leave FL and come back later to try it again, or just never use it again.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”