PG8X (inspired by the JX8P): new beta version uploaded

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

Sometimes you can judge the quality of a synth in strange ways........I just sat down to have a quick play with the latest version, looked up and two hours had passed as if in the blink of an eye........ :o

This synth has a wonderful character to it and a quality of sound that is very pleasing. Now with the new GUI it's an even more pleasant experience. More fun than should be legal.......... :hihi:

Many thanks to Martin........ :tu: :hug: and ENV1 as well............. :hail:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

DrewDale wrote:updated my two soundbanks into one set of 64 patches, these load from patch #1 - #64 and are in both PG8X and Sysex file format, a pdf listing the patches is also included in the zip.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgg4ln2lgzuow ... k.zip?dl=0
Thanks for the patches and I'll bump this to the next page. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

DrewDale wrote:updated my two soundbanks into one set of 64 patches, these load from patch #1 - #64 and are in both PG8X and Sysex file format, a pdf listing the patches is also included in the zip.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgg4ln2lgzuow ... k.zip?dl=0
thanks Drew, great patch banks and gonna have a play with this updated version :clap: :hug:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Is it just me or does this synth sound even better with this GUI? :lol: :hihi:

A very good new GUI on a very good vst, thank you Martin and ENV1 :clap: time really flies playing around with this, it just gets better and better. Thanks for the patches DrewDale, very good sound creation. :clap: I am inspired to make some patches of my own, I hope to share on here. :)

That new GUI looks good indeed !
I will have some time playing with it, I used to enjoy my band's JX8P some years ago ;)

Just updated the betas:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5oop1vf8vpl ... eezxa?dl=0

Fixed the alignment of the membrane buttons (as spotted by Env1), and fixed a bug in the slider, which made the slider jump a bit, when releasing the mouse button.

Also implemented EvelDragon's idea of keeping the VCA level when randomizing a patch.

Cheers,
Martin

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: It looks great and it sounds great!

Demo: PG8X+Guitar+Bass. Patch: "Arc Strng"
https://soundcloud.com/iu-gob/pg-8xguitarrabajo_demo
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

I found a couple more:

- The throw of Portamento Off/On is 1px too short. Its position is OK when in the down position, but it is 1 pixelrow too low when in the up position. (Which means it needs to be moved up 1px and an extra pixelrow of throw added at the bottom.)

- The throw of VCA EnvMode, MonoTrigger, LFOSync, AutoWrite, SendSysex Parameter and SendSysex Program also is 1px too short. Their positions are OK when in the up position, but they are 1 pixelrow too high when in the down position. (Which means they only need an extra pixelrow of throw added at the bottom.)

- MonoTrigger and GlobalGain are currently also 1 pixel too far to the right.

Great work on this! Congrats.
Downloading now.

Have a nice day :)

ENV 1 did a magnificent job on that GUI. Did you consider widening the GUI to squeeze everything on 1 page instead of the 2 sub menus?

I think Polyphony should be always visible and should default to 6 voices.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:ENV 1 did a magnificent job on that GUI. Did you consider widening the GUI to squeeze everything on 1 page instead of the 2 sub menus?
I'm fine with that, personally.
electro wrote:I think Polyphony should be always visible and should default to 6 voices.
I don't! :)

I've never been a "fan" of artificial voice limitations - the hardware is one thing, as you need the hardware for each voice. But for software synths, artificially limiting the voices to something small is needless restrictive, imo.

By all means, include a setting that makes it faithful to the original, but don't force people to endure this is they don't want to.

Pads really need Poly 12 so I'd rather it default to that.............(or 32 :hihi: )

One thing I've noticed is that some controls don't update when a new patch is selected........mostly on the setting page.

electro wrote:Did you consider widening the GUI to squeeze everything on 1 page instead of the 2 sub menus?
As a matter of fact, i did. (See this older WIPshot, where most of the items that are now in panels are directly on the UI.)

But Martin found this too big and too cluttered, so we ultimately went back to the smaller/paneled variant.

Teksonik wrote:Pads really need Poly 12 so I'd rather it default to that.............(or 32 :hihi: )

One thing I've noticed is that some controls don't update when a new patch is selected........mostly on the setting page.
Can you be more explicit in which ones these are?

Some settings parameters are, indeed, global, and not stored per patch. Once I finish the plugin and the documentation, things will be more obvious.

Martin

Return to “Instruments”