Sonic Charge - Echobode

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Echobode RE

spirit wrote:Looks to me like it'll do everything Ubermod does - the difference is I can instantly understand what's going on.
Ubermod IS NOT a frequency shifter ..maybe you mean freq.echo .
Ubermod is a verry advanced delay , that can do pitch shifting when using huge amounts of delay modulation + a lot of other extras ..
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I was thinking this was more like Shimmer. But then Shimmer is a pitch shifter, not a frequency shifter, so it lets you dial in intervals which Echobode can't do. That doesn't stop it sounding freaking gorgeous and making me buy it almost instantly. Sonic Charge's effects are pretty much no-brainer buys.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:I was thinking this was more like Shimmer. But then Shimmer is a pitch shifter, not a frequency shifter, so it lets you dial in intervals which Echobode can't do. That doesn't stop it sounding freaking gorgeous and making me buy it almost instantly. Sonic Charge's effects are pretty much no-brainer buys.
I was initially likening it to Intelligent Devices "Slip-N-Slide", but don't feel 'it' to be any where near as predictable/intuitive as what Echobode brings to the table, though that isn't a "bad" thing perse'... but then, there is always a uniquely predictably random factor to anything Magnus comes up with. 8)

Agree with "pretty much a no-brainer", as I've always admired his enthusiasm and expertise.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Midi learn would be awesome. Hint, hint... :wink:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Just wonderful :)

Big thumbs up for this one!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

skin tight!

yeah... instant buy for only 33 bucks. no brainer after watching the video.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Theres a major flaw with this. Its just too much fun to play with.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

I don't know why but that coupon code didn't work for me no matter how many times I tried! Damn son, but I bought it anyway at the full price! :x No matter, they deserve the full money anyway for this awesome plugin :love:
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

penguinfromdeep wrote:I don't know why but that coupon code didn't work for me no matter how many times I tried! Damn son, but I bought it anyway at the full price! :x No matter, they deserve the full money anyway for this awesome plugin :love:
I couldn't enter the coupon when trying to pay via Paypal. But there was field, when paying with credit card. That worked for me.

Sendy wrote: But then Shimmer is a pitch shifter, not a frequency shifter
For my guidance, what's the difference between these two process ?

:)

I think the frequency shifter is sort of like a self oscillating lfo but not sure myself. That's what it sound like atleast...

I think pitchshifters multiply all frequencies, frequency shifters add to them.

but anyway the upshot is pitch shifter will turn an A into a B - frequencyshifters will change the harmonic relationship in the sound so the timbre will change giving a shimmer to start, then more bell like tones and then vibrato type efects - think more like a ring modulator.

anyone compared it in tone to freqecho yet?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Krakatau wrote:
Sendy wrote: But then Shimmer is a pitch shifter, not a frequency shifter
For my guidance, what's the difference between these two process ?

:)
One shifts the frequency, the other the pitch :borg: :borg: :borg:
In fact a good question. I also never bothered about the difference in detail. I just realize they sound different.

Any scientific expert here care to explain that?

Return to “Effects”