Mesa Boogie Amp Sims?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to figure out which of the main amp sims offer Mesa Boogie models. I know that Amplitube has the American Clean and American Lead sims, which are supposed to model the Mark III. Are there others available? Generally I am more interested in any non-recto sims (i.e., Mark series, Lonestar, Studio 22, Express, etc.).

Thanks!

Guitar Rig has a Dual Rec sim built in. They also offer Rammfire which is an add-on, they modeled Rammstein's guitarist own pre-500 model Dual Rec, custom cab and mic setup.

Recabinet 4 wins them all.

Neither of these have non-rectifier models, though, do they?

S-Gear 2 has the Wayfarer which is a combination of a Mark IIc and a Mark V with some additional tweaks, IIRC (somebody correct me if I'm wrong - there's also some Fender inspired cleans on that amp).

Here's what's coming in Recabinet 4.1, due next month: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=436628

Mesa/Boogie:

Mark IIB with graphic EQ and loop mod
Mark IIC+ with graphic EQ
Mark IV
Dual channel Dual Rectifier (as opposed to the 3 channel version in the Recabinet 4 factory pack, very different sound)

:hyper:

Great - thanks!

Yeah, Recabinet pretty much kills every other amp sim out there, in my opinion. Kazrog REALLY did a great job with it. Now with it turning into a modular plugin in the next update (which will add a few non-rectifier Mesa amps), it looks to be even more killer.

However, here's a free emulation of a Mesa Boogie Mark III.

https://pvdhp7.wordpress.com/2013/08/10 ... y-channel/

Vadim (the developer) has a lot of basic but good sounding amp sims there.

GTR doesn't fair well either. It's a great plugin, but I don't think it has what you are looking for...

It does have the Dual Rectifier (Modern), which I know you weren't interested, but it does have a Messa/Boogie 400+ Bass Amp (OverBass). Perhaps that might have the tone you are after.

There are a couple of boutique, I have no idea what they are, but the cabs also model a Messa/Boogie Mark IV (12" Open-back), and the bass cab the 1516 which is a 10” + 15” + (2 x 6”). That thing is a monster!! LOL

So why a non-rectifying model and in that case, why a Messa/Boogie??

Thank you, everyone. I own a Studio .22+ combo (as well as a Flux Drive pedal), and am looking to reproduce some of the classic Mesa tones that are somewhat less than metal inside the box. It's a very distinctive sound, as you know. I have a Digitech RP-360 modeler that does a pretty good job of replicating the Studio .22+ and a couple of Mark series amps, and was hoping to find a similar one for one of the major (or minor) amp sims.

I think S-gear might have what you're looking for. The Wayfarer amp is based on a Fender clean channel with 2 Mesa Mark channels. It has the graphic eq as well. There were Mesa combo impulse responses added recently as well, so that should help you get closer to the sound. Although it can do metal IMO it works better for medium to high gain leads. It also has quite a few options for tone shaping just like a real Mark series amp. You can try it yourself for free and see if it suits you.

Every sim I've ever tried has failed to get Mark series tone and feel, until I tried an Axe FX II. The Mesas in there are fantastic. And I have a Mark V sitting right here.

I've been a tube snob for a long time... it still kind of bothers me how good the Fractal box is. It just can't be...

The Bias modeler Mark IIC+ sounds and feels just like the rectifier... which is so wrong I can't make sense of it. Anyway, rambling now

Excellent - thanks again, everyone!

I have a triple rec but never use the rectifier section and run with 6l6's I prefer that old modded fender sound too which is where Mesa's came from. The closest I have come to "my" sound with a plug in has been the free California sun...

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/califor ... y-auraplug.

It's free but sadly doesn't give much for options (being able to disable the cab would be amazing but can be worked out with EQ before the plug) but to me this is by far the best sounding guitar plug out there no other sounds as real to me. I have not tried any of auraplugs paid versions so I can't say what they are like one way or the other.

Another contender is Grindmachine I got the cm version (I think they have a free one on the site too) and it blew me away but I have not had a lot of time to play with it since so I can't say if it can achieve these sounds or not but worth looking into because it sounded fantastic.

Personally Guitar rig and Amplitube will never come close and use so much cpu and are too noisy etc etc.

I see that Avid's Eleven has a Mesa model, too. Does anyone have any experience with this one?

Lecto from LePou is free and is a very good Dual Rectifier simulation I think :

http://lepouplugins.blogspot.fr/2010/10/lecto.html

Return to “Effects”