How to create Ableton Live Packs from large sample lib

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to create an Ableton Live Pack for a sample library I'm working on right now, but I don't see how I can build the right folder structure if all my sounds are in a single Live set. Any hints?

Export your sounds to wav files?

d-s-m wrote:Export your sounds to wav files?
They already wav files. The thing is, I'd like to keep the folder structure of the library. If I drop all my wavs in the project, save the project, and create the live pack, everything will end up in the same folder and the original (and useful) folder structure will be lost.

Do you know if it's possible to have different folder of sounds (simpler patches, impulse patches, live clips, etc.) in a single Live Pack?

Thanks!

As I've never done a "large library" I am not positive this is ALL the steps that you'll need...but I believe it's most of them ;) (it'll certainly be worth it to test your .alp when finished though =) !)
1- in Live preferences>library, make sure that one of the 'collect files on export' options is chosen
1a- save your project.
2-(when you are ready to save your pack) go to File>manage files>manage project...from there, you can customize just how the .alp will be structured...there is a "tell me more" link that explains about the management of "external files" prior to creating the pack so that those files CAN be captured in the pack)

I realize this is a little like the blind leading the blind, but hopefully it will send you in the right direction...I think it will...but like I say: I have never created a .alp that was very large or where I specifically had to manage "external files"... I think IF you use the collect files on export when you initially save the project, it MAY do the "external file consolidation" for you...so that all you have to do is follow steps 1 and 2 above.

let me know how it turns out as I am now curious! ;)

I do hope this helps

bb

blortblort wrote:As I've never done a "large library" I am not positive this is ALL the steps that you'll need...but I believe it's most of them ;) (it'll certainly be worth it to test your .alp when finished though =) !)
1- in Live preferences>library, make sure that one of the 'collect files on export' options is chosen
1a- save your project.
2-(when you are ready to save your pack) go to File>manage files>manage project...from there, you can customize just how the .alp will be structured...there is a "tell me more" link that explains about the management of "external files" prior to creating the pack so that those files CAN be captured in the pack)

I realize this is a little like the blind leading the blind, but hopefully it will send you in the right direction...I think it will...but like I say: I have never created a .alp that was very large or where I specifically had to manage "external files"... I think IF you use the collect files on export when you initially save the project, it MAY do the "external file consolidation" for you...so that all you have to do is follow steps 1 and 2 above.

let me know how it turns out as I am now curious! ;)

I do hope this helps

bb
Hi! It helped a lot, as the Live Pack I've created worked well and is now available to the public (it's called Raw Dirty Breaks). Learning a "new" piece of software is always cool, even if the process is not as fast as I wish it would be! :wink:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”