Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

Chad@PA wrote:
jackmazzotti wrote:great info Chad!

do you or anyone else know how to create waveguide synthesis sfz files?

will this work in rapture pro?
Yeah it will work in Rapture Pro with the sfz implementation you pasted. As far as creating your own waveguides I have some notes on it somewhere, but a good way to start is by experimenting with a small audio file in an editor (512 samples long). Try drawing a shape manually, the sound of that waveguide should almost sound as though you are drawing an EQ response for the file. Trial and error gives the best results. You can also try making copies of the waveguides in that folder and editing and manipulating those and checking out the results.
Does it only work with 512 sample long files?
Would it make sense/be possible to use normal single-cycle-waveforms as waveguides?
Do they have to be 44kHz/16Bit?
In the notes from Rene, he talks about using impulses, but doesn't specify the lenght exactly, only warns about them being too long, but most impulses are much longer than 512 samples...?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Some really great posts over the last couple of threads.

@Chad@PA, you summed up my appreciation for Rapture's wavetable sounds perfectly - I've always thought it sounded different than anything else - and that's always the most important thing to me.

But I very seldom use it because I find it tedious to program, so this update will be great when I finally bite.

I'm seriously irritated by the upgrade price, especially because it's coming out a few days before Omnisphere 2, but I'm very glad it's getting a much-needed update.

declan32001 wrote: @Chad@PA, you summed up my appreciation for Rapture's wavetable sounds perfectly - I've always thought it sounded different than anything else - and that's always the most important thing to me.
Rapture definitely sounds different than everything else
the galbanum waves especially sound good
the lfo menu is frustrating though

I am looking at a picture and it shows kind of similar to Kontact libraries "Rapture Pro", Dimension Pro"... Do I need to have Rapture and Dimension installed? I have Sonar Platinum, but I recently reinstalled it on the Lap Top and I only installed Z3ta 2. I am thinking to upgrade to Rapture Pro, but will it include Dimension or do I need to install Dimension? Also if Dimension 1.5 was installed, what would happen to it? Will everything become duplicated? What a mass!

The videos Cakewalk has posted on YouTube are quite uninspiring, and do nothing to make me want to purchase this. As has already been expressed, please give us some insight into the synthesis section and capabilities, not just the preset sounds and browser!

jc_vt wrote:The videos Cakewalk has posted on YouTube are quite uninspiring, and do nothing to make me want to purchase this. As has already been expressed, please give us some insight into the synthesis section and capabilities, not just the preset sounds and browser!
it turns single cycles into oscillators and it has a very extensive mod matrix

IF it is coming out today, I'd love to hear back from someone who purchases it!

jc_vt wrote:The videos Cakewalk has posted on YouTube are quite uninspiring, and do nothing to make me want to purchase this. As has already been expressed, please give us some insight into the synthesis section and capabilities, not just the preset sounds and browser!
I have to agree on that - saw part 2 of tutorials and felt there was too much just fooling around, and the examples they used to distinguish som features with a piano sounded almost the same. Spent so much time with that piano doing nothing - I don't get it. Just a boring alum type gui and some black knobs.

And they have some music running that almost disquise what he said, to cover up heavy audio issues, like crackling, while he was doing it - it seemed to me. You expect some serious playing on the tut on Rapture, not background musak like in an elevator.

Did not raise my hearbeat one bit...not one thing to make me curious to look at another tut even. They should really remove that crap - it do more damage than good, I think.

I have to agree, I really wanted to see how much easier it is to work with which was always a sticking point for me with Rapture as much as I loved it's capabilities. I really hope it's easier. I've pre-ordered and I'm looking forward to exploring for myself, I'm not particularly interested in the sound content as much as sound designing. I'd love to know if you can add your own Panels which would be a great feature.

Has a definite release date been announced?
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Preordered it with JRR shop hope to see it soon :)
Cubase 6, Alesis Fusion, Virus Ti, Korg Triton & Digital & Analog Collection, K2000R, Yamaha CS1x, Komplete 9, Kirk Hunter Libraries, NVA Taiko Drums, Uhe Ace, Bazille and Zehbra, Polyana, Jamstix 3, Toontrack Drums and more libraries and VST's

Me too

mchannemann wrote:Preordered it with JRR shop hope to see it soon :)
Me too. But when is "soon."
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:
mchannemann wrote:Preordered it with JRR shop hope to see it soon :)
Me too. But when is "soon."
i sent them an email about whether or not it's being released today
haven't heard back yet

I will shoot some videos for Synth Anatomy about Rapture Pro.
SoundCloud Examples will coming also ;)

www.synthanatomy.com
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Return to “Instruments”