Tim Petherick Nebula releases

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Plajia, your music is awesome by the way!

New release

El Enhancer
El Enhancer is based upon a popular Enhancer eq from the 90’s.

It’s operation uses a unique phase shift/ boost in order to get it’s eq curves. The curves are based around Equal loudness contours or known as Fletcher-Munson curves. This gives a nice enhance to any source, it’s popularly been used at mastering stage, the results are quick and easy. The sound produce by this unit is very unlike a your regular eq.el

The process knob controls the mid range dips and also bass, bass amount can be adjusted separately but still needs the process control to work. I’ve captured the soft bass only, this is the wider enhancement on the unit. This is because it’s too hard to capture all the phase interactions using interpolation. However I feel I captured the most important aspects of the unit.

Harmonics control is simply a high shelf eq that can be used to balance out the process off the Mid-Bass preset, or it can be used by itself for a unique brilliance.

Features

Equal Loudness style eq curves with bass control preset
Harmonics/Eq high shelf preset
4 sample rates 96, 88.2 ,48 ,44.1khz
New sample techniques applied for maximum transparency.
JPN Skin

http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downloads/el-enhancer/

forum link

Hi Tim,

I know you are busy developing and supporting. Go Tim! I sent you an e-mail a couple of days ago at your site address with an inquiry about your Dual Tech that I bought from you. Can you send me a quick response when you get a chance? Thanks!

I have not recieved it I'm afraid. This is probably due to some sort of filtering or it could be because my host just changed on my website. I'll look into this..

I'll contact you through this messaging system

No worries. Thanks Tim! Thanks for the pm.

Demo added for El enhancer

Restricted to 44.1 and 1 frequency. No harmonics/High shelf Preset.

Read the first page on how use

Tim,

This El enhancer looks fascinating. The custom GUI by the way looks pretty cool. I would love if we could have something that does what the Fatso can do. I love the thickness and girth the Fatso can add on drums. Not sure why we don't have much of that in the Nebula world as of yet. But maybe this can bring some of the characteristics of that as well? Very interesting....

I need to give my credits to Tim as the only Nebula developer, who really makes Nebula worth having IMHO. As you might have read in other threads, I am pretty disappointed by Aqua plugins and the majority of the Nebula libraries because of transient smearing that is present in the majority of the libraries. I am a long time Nebula user and to me uising Nebula Nebula is a compromise (not because of CPU/RAM usage but because sound). You can get some properties of the analog, but also some negative side effects that are not present in analog. Tim IMHO is the only developer who successfully avoids the trade offs and only brings the positives.

This Enhancer I believe it is the best tool we have ITB now to control excessive upper midrange/harshness, much better than all the tape simulations or tape libraries, because it can be frequency specific. And I like that you can add brighness back to the signal with Harmonics program in case required so efficiently. Even when dealing with really nasty distorted guitars from SW Amp Simulators, this manages to make the midrange sit so well in the mix. Really this is THE tools that I have been missing ITB to be honest. Because taming midrange with this is more effective than with any subtractive or Aqua based EQ I have. And also it sounds much more natural than with any multiband compressor or deesser, because it doesn't sound processed.

Don't think of this tool as of something that adds presence. Think of it as a subtractive tool to remove midrange harshness. As a result the tracks will sound much more open after that. I also compared this library to the SPL Vitalizer plugins and there is no comparison, really. I think this product deserves more attention that it is getting!

I don't know what you are talking about with transient smearing. The only type I hear that effect is by using crappy digital software compressors. Can you put out a specific audio example where it is obvious?

25% OFF Discount code available until 9th of may, enter "25% off Blue mu" in the discount code section

The blue-mu comp/limiter is based on a VCA/mu design Comp/LImiter

I’ve captured at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96khz sample rates.

It features-

Compression ratio’s 1.6, 1.8, 3,6,20 using static Attack/release values
Two styles of Limiter. One more of a linear release and one using a little bit of magic on the EVF follower that’s very musical, Round and upfront, that sits well in the mix.
Preset 5/5+ (fairchild style Program dependent comp programs/5+=added PD attack) new configuration for release/attack values.
3 kernals of harmonics
Added Hpf Added Hpf for filtering any bass distortions that may occur from speed
22 presets per sample rate!
JPN SKIN

More info and purchase HERE

Timp_Nebula wrote:The blue-mu comp/limiter is based on a VCA/mu design Comp/Limiter HERE
Uh oh. I think I know what this is. Now THIS is getting serious!!! :tu:

Edit: 2nd look, it's not exactly what I'd hoped it was... but still killer nonetheless! :D
Canartic
downtempo.dub.psychedelic.twang
lossless downloads here...

Vari-Level

This release works with nebula pro 3 v1.3.903 and above

Based on Modern version Of a 50’s classic. This comp is more versatile you may first think.

Features-

Proper feedback detection
Single and Double/triple modes (Double and triple modes are based on subtle dual release)
From approx 0.5- 30seconds release for ultimate tuning versatility, exponential release means long times always stay musical for Rms leveling.
Release control
attack control added, giving both Double/triple modes and everything in between. Single mode has also a extra attack
Extra Part Linear release presets for fastest/longest release times on low gain reduction (Longest will be similar to a HOLD MODE), The sounds is more reminiscent of a modern comp, possibly better for drums. Note these presets are also program dependent, so they will still change the release time on certain material.
Clip preset
Program dependent release giving a 3 element release (exponential, control and Program dependence)
Lower cpu than previous comps
bused Meters, for smoother action
Two meters types M1 (Gain over threshold with attack and release characteristic, more similar to the hardware) and M2 (Normal Gain Reduction)
JPN SKINS

click here for more info

Return to “Effects”