NI Komplete 10 Installation Fiasco

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have had Komplete 10 for over a month & been unable to install it on my Win 7 music studio PC.
The installation process never gets further than the Install Aware Wizard on Disc 1 & then stops completely, just 10 seconds in! I have tried it on my wife's laptop & the installation starts fine.
Native Instruments Technical Support have been less than helpful:
I was told to run Microsoft Fixit Utility, then the NI support Tool & sent the system info file back to them.
I was then told because I have a program called CCleaner on my PC they would not help me any further, & removing it would not change their stance! I was flabbergasted, I have used CCleaner for years & only to remove cookies & internet junk.
I would be immensely grateful for any suggestions how I can get Komplete to install & what is stopping it.

bummer. glad EnergyXT2 needs no installing and loads ready to go in 3 seconds.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I can't stand NI tech support. They are so arrogant. I had issue with Maschine crashing Windows on start if connected. They said- it was me, not them. (Must be because I built that computer myself and it is computer that crashes and not Maschine. lol).

I dont understand why they would care about CC Cleaner. What a lame excuse!

Did you use Microsoft Fix It? That utility is very helpful. When attempting to fix my Windows crashing problem, I had to uninstall all drivers for Maschine and clean the registry. Their software often fails to uninstall. Microsoft Fix it helps to uninstall things. Another utility that is less helpful is "Dependency Walker". I am not familiar with how it does things, but you specify a file you have problem with and it analyzes what is missing on your system. It usually will say what part of Windows you need to install to make it work. I had a plugin crashing and it told me to install NetPasport or something like that and it worked.

Try to make sure you uninstall all instances of Komplete. If something stays there- use Microsoft Fix it to uninstall. Disable Antivirus. Make sure you have enough space where you installing. What about Safe mode- can we install something in safe mode? If not- disable all services other than Microsoft. Close all Startup applications.

Disconnect to the internet and install one product at a time. Don't do the entire install at once.
That worked for me. I have CC as well and that poses no problems.

If it installs on your wife's PC but not on yours then it's a pretty good assumption that something on your PC is preventing the install from happening.

Things that have been mentioned above and others that come to mind are:

1. Check that you have enough space
2. If you are running anti-virus software, disable it so that it doesn't load on booting
3. Have you installed a pirated copy in the past? I seem to recall that people had problems with registry entries created by pirated copies that screw up the install
4. Have you tried the NI forums? I've got a lot of good advice from there
5. Persevere with NI support. You can get someone who's an asshole and in general they ask a lot of dumb questions, but they might get you there eventually
Sweet child in time...

To add to Deep Purple's excellent suggestions, run the installer in "As Administrator" mode.

Good luck :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

K-Bee wrote:Disconnect to the internet and install one product at a time. Don't do the entire install at once.
That worked for me. I have CC as well and that poses no problems.
I don't have any such cleaners and I don't have to disconnect from internet and can install everything at once....

This kind of programms do ever make some problems

Firstly, thank you for all the replies!
I posted the same thing on the Native Instruments forum & haven't had a single reply in 5 days!
Plus Technical support are now refusing to answer my requests for help with this.
Most of the things suggested I've already tried, others I will have a go at tonight.
The installation proceeds like this:
I load Disc A, click on the setup file & get two InstallAware windows pop up in quick succession & then nothing happens. This takes less than 10 seconds in total, no error message.
Originally I had the demo version, which installed fine.
Microsoft Fixit found a corrupt patch in the demo version of Guitar Rig & fixed it but it made no difference. After Tech support left me to sort it out on my own I went through the PC removing all trace of the demo.

At this point probably would take less time doing a a clean install of windows than trying to find the problem.
dedication to flying

I don't think I've been so excited since my first son was born!
It's actually installing in safe mode!!!
I had to create a registry entry to make windows installer work in safe mode.
I hope I'm not counting my chickens too soon, it's got a long way to go with 13 DVDs, but the installation has never even started before.
Thank you so much Astralv!.... & every one else for the ideas I haven't got around to trying.
What a marvellous forum ...I shall definitely stick around.

It's amazing how many people are having problems installing K10. All issues are different but fact of the matter is: NI aren't doing things like they should! This shouldn't be too much of a hassle but it is.

This is what I had to go through back in october upon purchasing Komplete 10

---
(posted on the NI forum)
1) Install DVD 1 without ticking the "content" instruments. Install the Synths, Kontakt (NOT the factory library) and effects ONLY. Basically DVD A has all the applications - the rest of the dvd's has libraries only.

2) Disable your internet connection, firewall, antivirus, any kind of windows system sounds, screen savers and monitor sleep modes. (DON*T do this when installing DVD A. if you do it won't work

3) and here it get's Really weird! disable your sound card and USB-MIDI interface (I have one for my DX7 but most people don't use a connection like that) - also make sure your various controller and hardware synths are turned off.

4) Install one library at a time!

5) restart your PC every time a library is installed (VERY IMPORTANT) and do 2) and 3) all over again EVERY time you install a library.

Return to “Instruments”