Guitar Gadgets 1.3.4 support topic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Guitar Gadgets

1.2.1 update online ! I think it solved the Tracktion 32 bits issue ;)

Sure?

On download page:
Guitar Gadgets v1.2.0 (last update April 13th 2015)

Yes I'm sure :hihi:

Don't worry, it's the latest version.
It's easy if you know how

Thanks. The new decay-knob for the reverb works great. :tu:

What are the "8 random" impulses of the convolutor? Or should it be kept secret?
;)

Could the Convolutor load external impulses..? o.O

Thanks. The new decay-knob for the reverb works great.
Cool :tu:
What are the "8 random" impulses of the convolutor? Or should it be kept secret?
Well, it's really random sounds from open source / free libraries I tested during the development of Guitar Gadgets (more or less in a hurry :lol: ), and I chose the ones which sounded the weirdest or the most interesting for guitar signals as impulse responses, such as a heart beat, a police siren, metallic resonators etc. There is nothing really secret here. It was just meant to encourage people to do the same thing with other convolution processors and random audio files :wink:
Could the Convolutor load external impulses..?
I think there are already tons of plug-ins free and commercial which can do that better than what I might develop :wink: Moreover, the reason I didn't do that in the first place was because I didn't want people to use it as they usually do all the time : loading only reverberation and guitar cabinet IRs. And last but not the least, I'm still not happy with my convolution algorithms for large impulse responses :hihi:

good answer... :-)

I promise you I'm not all the time against feature requests :hihi:

Oh, yes I'm sure and serious(ly trust You!)... I've downloaded and tried the new version and btw I'm satisfied... Very pleasure and creative guitar tool... Thanks angain! ;-) :tu:

Thanks for the update, I really love this plug, just so 'useful' for quickly messing around with a sound when you can't face slugging through guitar rig or reaktor... :)

I personally like the limited convolution IRs. Reminds me of my first cheap drum machine (late 80s I guess), you had maybe six or seven snares etc and that was it, choose the sound that (hopefully) fitted best and move along.

If you were thinking of adding more pedals then can I suggest something like a boss slow gear/auto-swell pedal? Not as wacky as some of the others you've implemented but I think it could fit well. I've yet to find a plugin version that worked as well as the original pedal (or the implementation in Zoom fx pedals come to think of it...)

Cheers.

Hi, and thanks for the nice comments ;)

I think it's going to be complicated to add new gadgets now with the actual interface :) However, I have never heard about this effect. Sounds interesting...

It's a cool effect especially if you're into ambient styles. I guess in synth terms just a vca controlled by an audio triggered envelope. You can get the effect in software with some noise gates if they have a long enough attack time.

One minor issue with this is that the host parameter names for the parameters of the 4 different effects slots are the same. It would be good to differentiate now that there are multiple slot. Like Slot1_Parameter1 or something. Otherwise for example if you automated the 2nd parameters of the 1st and 2nd effect slots, they would have exactly the same names in your parameter list.

cheers

Return to “Effects”