FL Studio 12 Released!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Nokenoku wrote:Would be cool, if we could customize GUI-colors.
Not gonna happen.........the developer's ego prevents it........

The complete lack of customization in FL from colors to key bindings is one of it's greatest weaknesses and one that isn't going to change.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:you can load an instrument then save the template. It will then load that sample when you load the template without Maaaaany clicks, man. . ;)
Indeed, you're right. :tu:

robotmonkey wrote:Just to point out some examples where the FL Studio interface falls flat (pun intended).
First an example of very well designed mixer interface from MOTU Digital Performer.
http://cdn-data.motu.com/site/images/dp ... r-hero.jpg

And now why FL Studio sucks compared to Digital Performer.
http://i58.tinypic.com/98t0rk.jpg
...... .....
I don't know about the usability of DP but I can tell DP mixer looks ugly as f.

tooneba wrote: I don't know about the usability of DP but I can tell DP mixer looks ugly as f.
But it is still light years prettier and functional than the mixer in FL Studio.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
tooneba wrote: I don't know about the usability of DP but I can tell DP mixer looks ugly as f.
But it is still light years prettier and functional than the mixer in FL Studio.
All skeuomorphism are so 90s. I'm not saying your taste is bad. It's just outdated and simply there is no reason to adopt those design now. Skeuomorphism gives the impression of outdated design, limits software development and limits the dynamics of UI in compensation for pseudo 3D. Also, I don't like pseudo 3D and do prefer more fluid GUI to static raster graphics.

IMO the Bitwig guys have created nice mixture from the already exists concepts

track panel with all the devices and track related controls one the left, full mixer(combined editor/device bar/mixer view) at the bottom, u can reach your track/layers/devices/macros (so moving from up>down hierarchy)etc. quite fast and effective
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Maybe I have my monitor brightness or contrast out of whack (it's possible - some of my friends joke about getting sunburn from it!), but I don't have any trouble with the mixer.

I much prefer it to the old one.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:I much prefer it to the old one.
Most people agrees with this. (me included)
But you know the drill, it could be better...

I quite like the new mixer. I do agree what some things like basic channel separator graphics is a bit on the dark side. It's hard to see on some monitors and definitely hard to see at a distance, which means you just have to get used to where the main volume slider of a channel is. Once you remember that it's always right of the metering you'll be fine.

I give A for effort and B+ for implementation.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I think that unfortunately the goal of the 'flat' interface in FL Studio 12 is to eventually make the entire screen one solid block of grey... When you have a dialogue box on top, (such as when you go to shut down FL Studio, and you have 'Cancel', 'Save', or something like that), it's almost impossible to see the edges of the box.
All of these visual problems would be solved if users were allowed to make their own skins, presumably there must be a list of the colours currently used, and it must be editable, so why not let the users create alternatives? Then we'll all be happy.

basslinemaster wrote:there must be a list of the colours currently used, and it must be editable, so why not let the users create alternatives? Then we'll all be happy.
Indeed why not ? Because IL doesn't care one bit about making existing users happy. That's the downside of Lifetime Free Updates. Once you buy FL Studio your opinion or wishes no longer matter.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Because IL doesn't care one bit about making existing users happy.
That's simply not true. We won't do everything any user asks, however.

helloto you too

CONSOLIDATE LIKE ABLETON

basslinemaster wrote:I think that unfortunately the goal of the 'flat' interface in FL Studio 12 is to eventually make the entire screen one solid block of grey...
:hihi:

I kind of figured it out...

I think the new mixer looks totally fantastic, but is generally a bit tough to follow, except for the Wide3 setting, which is cool, but huge.

But, Wide2, is totally fuct.
Thats the one that just makes me have to stop and figure out what is going on.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”